Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My Metricon Bordeaux 56 build

Page 48 of 51
vuster
It's been 2 months since I've moved into my new home. I've had a few trades come the last couple weeks to finish off some outstanding items. My motorized projector screen arrived today and M is going to be sending someone out to frame out the cavity for it

I've installed the projector:

M have finally installed the marble around my butlers and kitchen window frames:

My landscaper is busy installing bluestone pavers in my alfresco and around my pool:

We're building soon and currently unsure if I go projector or the regular smart tv. While projector looks really cool, how do you connect your game consoles, apple tv, home theatre, etc to it? Sorry no idea how this works
dulie
Amazing Vu! Have you had an official house warming yet?

We've had a couple of get togethers but nothing major. Waiting for Dec to have a decent party.
cjose
We're building soon and currently unsure if I go projector or the regular smart tv. While projector looks really cool, how do you connect your game consoles, apple tv, home theatre, etc to it? Sorry no idea how this works

Hi cjose,

All the media devices are connected to the amplifier which outputs to the projector.
vuster
dulie
Amazing Vu! Have you had an official house warming yet?

We've had a couple of get togethers but nothing major. Waiting for Dec to have a decent party.

Nice! I guess we are doing the same, but I'm hoping to get it done before the busy December period.
vuster
cjose

Hi cjose,

All the media devices are connected to the amplifier which outputs to the projector.

Thanks, vuster! I am really interested in having a projector screen in our audio visual room. If you don't mind me asking - what brand is your projector? screen? amplifier? Are those the only things I need?
Hi cjose,

My projector is Epson EH-TW9000W. Amp is Onkya 7.1 system. both are ultra HD compatible.
You'll need to buy a speaker system too and maybe a digital set top box if you want to watch tv on your projector.
Vuster, Impressive personal touch. Have you tried out the swimming pool? interested to know dimensions.
Mt.view
Vuster, Impressive personal touch. Have you tried out the swimming pool? interested to know dimensions.

Thanks Mt.View, Nah haven't had a swim yet but it won't be long I reckon. Just need to install the pool fencing and then give it a quick clean.

The dimensions are 12mX2.5m. 1.5m constant depth.
vuster
Mt.view

Thanks Mt.View, Nah haven't had a swim yet but it won't be long I reckon. Just need to install the pool fencing and then give it a quick clean.

The dimensions are 12mX2.5m. 1.5m constant depth.

A pool for adults only, Love it!
vuster
Hi Hal,

The decision of building the pool during construction or post construction was a decision that kept me up at night. It wasn't easy. I wanted to build after construction to be sure that the pool will be built at the correct level; i.e same height as the outdoor room concrete slab. However there is a clause in Metricon's 30 year guarantee document that mentions that the guarantee is void if building a pool afterwards. As my pool was within 1.5m of the house I didn't want to take this risk. Due to the height of my house and the accessibility for excavators and cranes it would of been difficult building the pool after the house. Therefore I decided to let Metricon know that I'll build the pool after they cut the site. Doing this also involves a bit of a headache because there is a handover process from Metricon to me and then back to Metricon after the pool has been done. As the pre-construction process was very slow I consulted my customer support consulted on if I should just go ahead and build even before Metricon do any site works. She told me just to go ahead which I did. It was a good decision because the pool was built just in time for Metricon to do their thing. The level of the pool was within 5cms of the outdoor room concrete slab which was actually planned. If you build the pool afterwards then make sure you let the builder know in advance so they can run the sewer pipes so it won't obstruct your pool.

You need to tell builder that you are building a pool and they will work out if piering is required. If the depth of the pool is greater than the distance from the slab then piering is required. In my case it was so so I paid an additional amount for piering at the rear of my outdoor room slab. From memory it was roughly 3K. See image below showing the engineering for the outdoor room slab. It has 4 bored piers.

Metricon requires that the pool has a OHS complaint pool cover which is engineered. Expect to pay 3K+ for this.

If building a pool prior to home construction I would highly recommend that you wait till you get the final plans for the house which show you the finished floor levels for your house. The pool company will use this to work out what elevation the pool should be installed at. The levels are measured by referencing the TBM(To benchmark) which is a nail inthe kerb that the builder installs during the site survey.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for sharing your process. This is something kept me up in the night as well.
It looks great Vu!

We did the same thing with our master alcove. I think it’s even the same size as yours. Cos hubby wants to put the tv on the wall. So we made it huge as our bedroom tv is 65inch. But we will definitely put some floating tv units too. Look good Vu. Looks so nice everything. You can’t do wrong.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hi, How much did it cost you to install a chandelier on the stairwell?
Hi Ynnie, sorry for the late response, its been awhile since I logged on. It was about $150 to install chandelier. I got a few lights done at the same time. I paid the electrician about 1K for the whole days work. He had an assistant to help on the day.
Thanks!
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've posted. We have settled in well. Most of our landscaping is done. Here's a couple recent photos.

Looks great vu. Congratulations.

Looks great just like the display homes

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Vu,
the entrance is always the statement of the home and your front says elegance.
If you do not mind how much did your front landscaping cost?
vuster
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've posted. We have settled in well. Most of our landscaping is done. Here's a couple recent photos.

Nice facade! Do you mind sharing with me how much approx is upgrade to that facade?
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum