Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at Kimberly estate (Chi avenue) Keysborough

Page 2 of 2
Thanks. Yes the first 32 lots sold like hot cakes.....

For some reason they've taken off all chi ave keysborough properties for sale today... on realestate.com.au and domain....... strange....
Umm maybe all sold.
When we bought our lot in October last year there were only 3 or 4 lots available in stage 2. You one must be from stage 1 I trust. I think they are holding on the stage 3 lots to sell maybe after stage 1 and 2 lots are settled or something.
Any update on your land guys? Has it been titled?
I Settled this week. Yay.
Although I found out the land is class P for problem site.... and also it is Flood Prone...... but this must be the case with the entire estate. But glad I finally own this land.
That's great news its finally settled. Not so great for the site cost tho. How much is your builder charging you for the site cost?
The site costs are fixed at 9K or so. Not sure if that will change because this is a class P site. Hope not. A lot of paper work to be done before building can commence... there is this infrastructure levy all Keysborough south residents have to pay.
Hi Guys
I bought the land from the first buyer recently, the settlement for the land in end of July. Planning to build with Dennis Family Homes, waiting to get the soil test done to finalise the site cost. The builder did n't agree for fix site cost, fingers cross how much it's going to be. Has anyone of you finalise your building contact? would like to get an idea what will be the site cost, council requirements cost & developer requirements cost. Please update if you have the information.
Hi all, Land is settled and ready to build in July with Carlisle
We are building with Henley and waiting for Council Approvals to start building. We have got Fixed site cost and its around $5k or a bit less than that if im not mistaken.
Hi Judage-ge

Wondering when did you sign up with Henley? We signed up with Henley in December 2016 to build in Hawkfields estate and they wouldn't fix site cost for us
Have you done your soil test? What class is your slab?

I have a friend who works on the site for both Kimberley and Hawkfields estates, apparently he said lots that are further from the lake are less problematic. Fingers crossed.
Hi Everyone,

I am close to finalizing my contract with Carlisle and they are charging me 27k for the site cost which is a shocking. I am in the estate next to Kimberley called Hawksfield.

Anyone of you guys have already got a figure for your site cost?
That's a lot!
We are also in Hawkfields and have just received our soil report but site cost yet to be finalised on tender which is in September. I am really worried with the site cost now...

Our test result come back with P - H1 class, H1 type slab required. May I know what is your slab class Yannick214? Do you need any piers on your slab?
Hi sstan,
Do you know why it came P-H1 soil? We have got the same soil report as well because we have got some trees around our land in Redbank plains . We haven't got the variation yet. We are really upset we just allowed up H1 soil without any piering. Don't want any big surprise now.
Hi Peter112

On our report it just said "due to depth and type of fill", H1 slab is required, also no piering required. I guess it's due the depth of fill on our land. where about is your land? Please update how much your variation is so we can have a heads up and be prepared for the extra cost.
We are building at Redbank plains(Fernbrook Ridge estate) in qld.
Preliminary results is P-H1 soil, need p-H1 slab as well with some piering. We are waiting for the variation. We already paid $9000 for H1 slab without any piering. I will keep you updated.
Hi Sstan,

Our result is P class.

Basically that's what required as per our tender contract are:

Steel screw piles to the waffle Slab

385mm high H class waffle slab

Addtional steel reinforcement due to p class site.

It is very hard to negotiate with Carlisle and they are unwilling to drop the price.

Are you building with Carlisle?

Thanks,
Yannick
Hi Yannick,
We got the same soil report. We thought it's P-H1 but it's not. Site classification is P due to fill and trees. We need the same slab as yours. builder is saying it's class E slab and trying to charge us $7500 more. We are trying to have a second opinion.
It's not a class "E" site it is a class "P" estate due deep fill with either a strengthened M or H1 type slab siting in the fill. If the engineer deems the fill to not to be suitable or a double storey puts too much load on the fill then they will design a M or H1 with screw piles or possibly bored piers but it can become softer as you go down so more likely to be deep screw piles.
We don't know. It's too confusing. Site classification is P and soil type(Ys) is H1. But builder is saying we do need E slab. The soil type is not accurately saying which slab do we need. But I think they are considering lateral movement in the future due to tress. Who knows! It's very hard to negotiate with the builder.
Yannick214
Hi Sstan,

Our result is P class.

Basically that's what required as per our tender contract are:

Steel screw piles to the waffle Slab

385mm high H class waffle slab

Addtional steel reinforcement due to p class site.

It is very hard to negotiate with Carlisle and they are unwilling to drop the price.

Are you building with Carlisle?

Thanks,
Yannick

Thanks Yanni. We are building with Henley. I really can't comment on the site cost until our tender appointment they will tell us if any reinforcement required and how much would it cost. I just wonder why Carlisle is charging so much as many people on Henley forum with the same class slab were costing them extra $5k - $15k. $27k seems more like a knock down rebuild cost to me.

Henley's base price do include M class slab though, what about Carlisle? I assume it's the same as most builders.

So in the meanwhile, we can only keep our fingers crossed that it's not gonna cost us an arm and a leg.
Related
9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum