Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Simonds Prague in QLD

Page 5 of 14
Kitchen is indeed small

when I realized how small the kitchen will be, my heart sank. I couldn't do anything. Contract has been long finalized. For someone who cooks and bakes a lot, this should have been my priority...

Just venting...

On a happy note, happy with the progress of the build. All the cornices and plaster are done. Showers water proofing done. Kitchen and bathroom cabinets installed.

And we have a new site supervisor...

Awww im sorry to see that. It is small
. I remember seeing my pantry and thinking how small it was too, and there are voids on either end which is a waste. I was also hoping my spare bedrooms would be bigger too, particularly the guest bedroom because i want to fit 2 bedside tables and its a tight squeeze.
Is that burnished wood you have? It looks like my kitchen which is burnished wood. Looks like you will have heaps of natural light though

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
I'm sure it will be fine. You have a big pantry that you can store stuff in. I have a small kitchen too. We will have to cook and clean as we go.

I am going to put extra cabinets and benchtop in the pantry after handover. I didn't really realize how small it was until an ID friend of mine pointed it out. It went downhill from there
anyway, we will need to just clean as we go.

vonsta76
. I remember seeing my pantry and thinking how small it was too, and there are voids on either end which is a waste. I was also hoping my spare bedrooms would be bigger too, particularly the guest bedroom because i want to fit 2 bedside tables and its a tight squeeze.
Is that burnished wood you have? It looks like my kitchen which is burnished wood. Looks like you will have heaps of natural light though

Cabinet is Domain.

We added a window and made the alresco door bigger.

Horse
vonsta76

Cabinet is Domain.

What size alfresco door did you go with? With the kitchen once all done it will look different im sure and as for bench space etc i look at mine where I rent now and it's more a dumping spot than bench space, so looking forward to just having a actually bench with nothing on it and we are doing cabinet and bench in pantry also down the track

Tracey70
Horse
vonsta76

Cabinet is Domain.

What size alfresco door did you go with? With the kitchen once all done it will look different im sure and as for bench space etc i look at mine where I rent now and it's more a dumping spot than bench space, so looking forward to just having a actually bench with nothing on it and we are doing cabinet and bench in pantry also down the track

Alfresco is Q2136-3 (3160 width)

Horse
Tracey70
Horse
[quote="vonsta76"]Awww im sorry to see that. It is small

Cabinet is Domain.

[/quote]
We upgraded ours aswell to a 3600 door

Tracey70
Horse
Tracey70
[quote="Horse"][quote="vonsta76"]Awww im sorry to see that. It is small

Cabinet is Domain.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It makes a lot of difference

Horse
Tracey70
Horse
[quote="Tracey70"][quote="Horse"][quote="vonsta76"]Awww im sorry to see that. It is small

Cabinet is Domain.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It makes a lot of difference

[/quote]
Glad to hear. At least I did something right lol

Can you take the island bench to the alfresco wall?
And/or make your sink smaller? My kitchen atm has a 2.4 island with a sink in it. I despise it. I have the smallest work space. I'd see if there is something you could do now as it would be worth it.

Craigasaurus
And/or make your sink smaller? My kitchen atm has a 2.4 island with a sink in it. I despise it. I have the smallest work space. I'd see if there is something you could do now as it would be worth it.

It would actually block the entry to the laundry if we extend it to the wall. I opted for an undermount sink without drip tray. I know that is not much of a space, but for now, that all I have.

Craigasaurus

Now i understand why your new kitchen is massive with lots of counter space

Hey horse,
I haven't been on here for a long time cos I lost my password!!
I truly know how you feel about the small kitchen as ours is exactly the same size. I was so disappointed that I didn't pick it up during drafting stage and contract stage until the build went up
I was so upset cos I have extended and paid extra money to have all this space in the family room and didn't even think about the kitchen. Really the sales person should of pointed it out during tender or whatever but there's no one to blame for that. The original Prague floor plan the kitchen is bigger, when u modify the Prague the kitchen space becomes smaller and no one pointed that out to us until it was too late. But never mind.. I'm in love with my Prague and the walk in pantry has so much space and room u don't even notice the small kitchen trust me

This our kitchen as of a few weeks ago. And the extra family area on the left is still empty 2years later and I still can't fill it

justheart
Hey horse,
I haven't been on here for a long time cos I lost my password!!
I truly know how you feel about the small kitchen as ours is exactly the same size. I was so disappointed that I didn't pick it up during drafting stage and contract stage until the build went up
I was so upset cos I have extended and paid extra money to have all this space in the family room and didn't even think about the kitchen. Really the sales person should of pointed it out during tender or whatever but there's no one to blame for that. The original Prague floor plan the kitchen is bigger, when u modify the Prague the kitchen space becomes smaller and no one pointed that out to us until it was too late. But never mind.. I'm in love with my Prague and the walk in pantry has so much space and room u don't even notice the small kitchen trust me

Thanks justheart. I need that from someone who had first hand experience. I was actually kicking myself because you mentioned it in your thread and how did I miss that

Not much happened this week.
External cladding, and kitchen Benchtop and sink installed.

Loving your colours, looks great

Lovely colour choice Horse...
justheart

This our kitchen as of a few weeks ago. And the extra family area on the left is still empty 2years later and I still can't fill it

I always go back to your thread and look at your kitchen.
its nice to have a finished product on hand. This helps me feel a bit better

I see you already installed some pendant lights! It matches very well.

Related
15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum