Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Simonds Prague in QLD

Page 13 of 14
That's what I was thinking... It is not a true expansion joint, they just cut into the bricks and applied some silicon...

Also, the expansion joint should be from end to end but there is none for the top brick (they didn't do it because it would have damaged the ceiling)

I would be surprised if the certifier considered this as an expansion joint...
And I am annoyed because no one has the balls to tell me whats wrong. They still tell me they will chase the certifier and SS is not replying to my message when last Friday he was too sure that it will happen tomorrow.
Horse
And I am annoyed because no one has the balls to tell me whats wrong. They still tell me they will chase the certifier and SS is not replying to my message when last Friday he was too sure that it will happen tomorrow.

I feel so sorry for you horse

Few wins today...

Received our occupancy permit, the new tenant of our rental backed out so we get to extend our lease for a few weeks and building manager told SS to fix the bricks...downside is no handover happening this week. Brickwork needs to be fixed first before PCS could happen. SS said it will be next week but I am not hoping anymore.

At least I can sleep well tonight after a week of stress.

Building Simonds Prague
Ohhh what a relief horse. Congrats on the wins! So glad they are fixing it for you. Fingers crossed for handover next week 🤞🏼

Cassie.f90
Ohhh what a relief horse. Congrats on the wins! So glad they are fixing it for you. Fingers crossed for handover next week 🤞🏼

Thanks cassie. I just wish the brickie would do it properly this time. This is his 4th time already. He was supposed to start the fix today but voila! Hes gone MIA

Building Simonds Prague
Can you request someone different do it? Great news though, so glad that they are doing the right thing

Marshall5858
Can you request someone different do it? Great news though, so glad that they are doing the right thing

Im not sure marshall. I don't think we can. But i am thankful in a way, at least they are doing the right thing. Who would imagine a small single story home would take 6 months to build. 1 month of that is just PCI to handover. Oh well, i am just so lucky

Building Simonds Prague
Oh Horse, glad things have improved and taken some of the stress off you.
aloenyx
Oh Horse, glad things have improved and taken some of the stress off you.

Thanks Dawn. Felt so relieved when i got the message from rental property manager.

Good luck on your meeting tomorrow with builder.

Building Simonds Prague
Bricks to be fixed and no more worrying about being homeless, yay! Sleep well tonight

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Bridgetwitch
Bricks to be fixed and no more worrying about being homeless, yay! Sleep well tonight

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

I did Bridgetwitch. I suddenly felt tired and slept early. It would have been nice to have the keys but it really is beyond my control...

Building Simonds Prague
With all the bruhaha last week with builder, its a letdown that nothing has been done on the brickwork. 2 days with nothing. Today being a holiday, i don't think a late this week pcs/handover is possible

This is the longest prague build in the history of mankind. When others are doing it in 4 months, ours is now on its 6th...

Building Simonds Prague
that's a real shame. Our pci date keeps getting dragged out, it's very frustrating when you have no idea when you can move in and have a rental to juggle

Marshall5858
:( that's a real shame. Our pci date keeps getting dragged out, it's very frustrating when you have no idea when you can move in and have a rental to juggle

It is indeed marshall. I now believe they will stretch this out until the very day they will be in delay. Its now officially 1 month after PCI.

Building Simonds Prague

Building Simonds Prague

Building Simonds Prague
Oh horse that must be the BEST feeling! Congratulations

Congrats horse

Yayyy!! 🥂
🥂
🥂
huge congratulations

Related
15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum