Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Life Estate - Point Cook

Page 1 of 5
Hello Everyone,

Its just wonderful to go through each and every thread which has heaps of information. Its a fantastic forum and thanks to everyone who are helping every newbie here.

I have purchased a block in the Life estate in Point Cook. There are different threads for other estates in Point cook but not for Life. Just starting this thread to connect to my neighbours and discuss the building progress.

Our block is expected to title in December. We have quotes from different builders and most probably would build with Henley- Double Storey Sahara Q3. Our block is an irregular size and this floorpan suits our family the best.

Are there anyone building in the same estate?
gngcrazy
Hello Everyone,

Its just wonderful to go through each and every thread which has heaps of information. Its a fantastic forum and thanks to everyone who are helping every newbie here.

I have purchased a block in the Life estate in Point Cook. There are different threads for other estates in Point cook but not for Life. Just starting this thread to connect to my neighbours and discuss the building progress.

Our block is expected to title in December. We have quotes from different builders and most probably would build with Henley- Double Storey Sahara Q3. Our block is an irregular size and this floorpan suits our family the best.

Are there anyone building in the same estate?

Hi,
Whereabouts in Point Cook is that Estate? I've not heard of it and are from the area.
Hi marjencait,

Its near the Alamanda estate and Point cook road.
Hi,

I do got lot in life.Future neighbors
It's in Alamanda school zone is a big factor for me as my kids are going to school
Did you finalize your builder??
siouxsam
Hi,

I do got lot in life.Future neighbors
It's in Alamanda school zone is a big factor for me as my kids are going to school
Did you finalize your builder??

Thats Awesome.. Hello Neighbour Siouxsam

Which stage is your lot? Im in 4th stage.
Yes that's the main reson for buying land in there. I too have kids in school.

Yes we are building with Henley. How about you?

But the delay in titling is ridiculous

Don't remember exactly, stage 2 as I'm guessing. Shortlisted Burbank

Yeah, titling pushed to end of Jan 17 for me

Which street is your lot?

siouxsam
Which street is your lot?

Mine is Torrington St. And yours?

I have been told April for titling

Hi,

We are building in Life, also because our kids go to school at Alamanda. We are in stage 5 and titling has been pushed back to August from the initial time of May. This has actually been good for us lol. I had been pre-warned by people who are building in Saratoga to expect delays in titling.

We are building with Arden Homes (a smaller builder), they were very flexible with their floor plans, so we could get exactly what we wanted without it costing us lots extra.

Hoping the delays don't drag on too far.

gngcrazy, did your land title yet? Or have you been given a new date? We haven't heard anything since they told us August.
Hi,

Thats nice to know Arden. Ours is pushed to July.
We have finalised everything and juat waiting for our title.

Hope it doesnt get delayed more.

ArdenPointCoook
Hi,

We are building in Life, also because our kids go to school at Alamanda. We are in stage 5 and titling has been pushed back to August from the initial time of May. This has actually been good for us lol. I had been pre-warned by people who are building in Saratoga to expect delays in titling.

We are building with Arden Homes (a smaller builder), they were very flexible with their floor plans, so we could get exactly what we wanted without it costing us lots extra.

gngcrazy, did your land title yet? Or have you been given a new date? We haven't heard anything since they told us August.

Stage 1 and 3 titled. My lot soil test done. It came class P. If your sitecosts are not fixed, please get this fixed or work. Slab coming out is H class minimum.
Burbank my builder is covering the costs part of fixed site costs. I hear Henley is giving raft as part of fixed site costs

Other builders not sure
ArdenPointCoook
Hi,

Hi,
Ardem homes inclusions are pretty good. They appear expensive on quote. I visited their display in Address point cook

All the best and see you soon as neighbour
Nice to see this thread for Life estate. We too hold a lot in Life estate but our titling is in April 2017.
Hey Mrcool, which stage you are in? Stage 1 and Stage 3 settled in May. Are you on stage 2??
Hi Mate,

We are in stage 8..so long time to go..

Sorry that was a typo earlier as I was supposed to type 2018.
Hi Folks, have you been recently to life estate. Fongeo drive is open and stage 2 titling.

Stage 4 is now titled and congrats to everyone who holds a lot in stage 4.
Hey Mr cool , whom you are building with?
I am yet to decide as I have a long way to go.
I believe your land is titled, Did your builder submit the permits ?
Related
9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

3/05/2023
No provision for a discharge point for the driveway

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi All, We have a fall from road to garage front. But we cannot put a drain/grate because no discharge point put by the builder. Now they complain not enough space for…

18/08/2023
Sewer Inspection Point

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi, I have this sewer inspection point sitting in an odd spot in the rear of my yard: https://imgur.com/ghLI98q What I'd like to do is put a firepit in that corner of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum