Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Daydream 30. 22 week build. After handover fun has begun

Page 5 of 20
Ahh the day dream I love it!!!

How many sqm is your plan?

I can remember if you said what portico you were having?

Exciting times ahead for you choosing all the different things that will make up your house.

Do you have an idea for the exterior colours?

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
Ahh the day dream I love it!!!

How many sqm is your plan?

I can remember if you said what portico you were having?

Exciting times ahead for you choosing all the different things that will make up your house.

Do you have an idea for the exterior colours?

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Hi charli,
I think the house ended up 287sqm.
We aren't having a portico
we just couldn't justify the minimum of 10k for it.

Exterior colours I'm all over. That's one thing we have actually agreed on.
We are having moon dust in double height, with offwhite mortar.
Wind spray as our colour bond roof.

Nice, is that the standard size or did change it a little?

Moon dust is a gorgeous colour although I haven't seen it in double height, our neighbour next to our block has a cream double height brick that looks lovely so it's bound to look stunning.

Porticos are over rated, my brother in law built a day dream with the standard portico and it still looks good, it's the inside that counts

viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear

Moon dust is a gorgeous colour although I haven't seen it in double height, our neighbour next to our block has a cream double height brick that looks lovely so it's bound to look stunning.

Porticos are over rated, my brother in law built a day dream with the standard portico and it still looks good, it's the inside that counts

viewtopic.php?t=83643

We increased our garage, so overall we made it about 6sqm bigger.
Moondust is so good. Every time I Ryalls post photos of her house with them, I love it even more.
I would have loved a gorgeous portico, but because the daydreams is so big, they are so expensive. But I'm glad to hear your brother in law didn't build one. Is he happy with the daydream?

xjanex
charlibear

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Moondust is so good. Every time I Ryalls post photos of her house with them, I love it even more.
I would have loved a gorgeous portico, but because the daydreams is so big, they are so expensive. But I'm glad to hear your brother in law didn't build one. Is he happy with the daydream?

Ryalls house just does those bricks justice, we chose dark bricks and I think maybe I should have chose moon dust haha.

Yeah they absolutely love it and everyone that talks about their house seriously say nothing but amazing things.

They've been in their house for a year this month and say there is nothing they would change. From memory their house only took 3 1/2 months to handover.

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Im gunna be so excited when both our builds start Jane! Gunna be fun to watch 😄 have you submitted your house plans to the developers yet for covenants approval?

Coral - Marcoola 32
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84825
charlibear
xjanex
charlibear

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Ryalls house just does those bricks justice, we chose dark bricks and I think maybe I should have chose moon dust haha.

Yeah they absolutely love it and everyone that talks about their house seriously say nothing but amazing things.

They've been in their house for a year this month and say there is nothing they would change. From memory their house only took 3 1/2 months to handover.

viewtopic.php?t=83643

I really wanted dark brick, until we saw moon dust. Then I absolutely had to have them.

I haven't heard a bad review on a daydream. They just flow so well. Wow that is quick. That's what I like it hear. If our land ever registers hah

kikihome
Im gunna be so excited when both our builds start Jane! Gunna be fun to watch 😄 have you submitted your house plans to the developers yet for covenants approval?

Coral - Marcoola 32

I'm getting excited again for the build. I lost all interest a few weeks ago, didn't even want to look at our plans or anything. But now we can go do our tiles and colours I'm excited again.
It will be so good to see a few corals going in. Hopefully that means lots of trades around for quick builds.
No we haven't. Was going to post in the fb group to see if anyone knew who it had to go too. Do I just send it to Andre?

Yeah Andre asked us for it a lil while ago and then he sends it on to Margaret i think, shes the winton/elbina pty ltd lady that handles all the contracts etc

Coral - Marcoola 32
Has beaumont called you in to do a preselection presentation yet? We got called last thurs and went in on Friday so they must have got notified the second our contract was ready

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84825 Coral - Marcoola 32
kikihome
Has beaumont called you in to do a preselection presentation yet? We got called last thurs and went in on Friday so they must have got notified the second our contract was ready

Okay, will send it to Andre then. Our covenant isn't to bad tho.

Yeah Beaumont called weeks ago, but my husband works rotating shifts, he was on afternoons when they wanted us to go in, so he would have been asleep. They sure don't muck around with calling tho, as soon as the contract has gone in.
Are you paying the 5% or just 5thousand?

I think they dont want national tiles to steal their business now that we can choose between the two! Yeah the covenant approval should be easy but it's one less thing we can get done now so our houses get approved quicker in the long run 👌 we are paying 5%

kikihome
I think they dont want national tiles to steal their business now that we can choose between the two! Yeah the covenant approval should be easy but it's one less thing we can get done now so our houses get approved quicker in the long run 👌 we are paying 5%

haha funny about beaumont and national. I only got a call from beaumont not long after i signed my contract. Waited for a call from national and it never happened. So chose my tiles, did everything else, got a start date. national calls me. I tell her she's too late to the party as my start date was a week after she calls lol. She sounded mad.

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
xjanex
charlibear

viewtopic.php?t=83643

My ears are burning! heheh

Really looking forward to seeing them in double height.. I didn't even know they were available!

Did you get the off-white mortar?
Good thing we didn't say anything bad then. Just how much we love your house.
Double height is now part of the standard range, we thought it was weird. But not going to question it.
Yep, got the offwhite mortar, it just makes the brick pop more.

Finally got around to doing our tile selection.
It only took 3 visits to Beaumont for us to be 100% sure.
We went with Cruze grey 450x450 for our main floor tile.

We have Cruze olive 450x450 for all wet area floors.

We are having 300x600 white gloss on 3x bathroom walls.
On the other wall we are having Cruze olive in 300x600

We upgraded our grout as well.
We went with charred ash and Magellan grey. Can't remember which one is with which tile. Oops

So all up it's only going to cost an extra $835.

I looooove your choices Jane!!! $835! Howd you manage that with those beautiful tiles

Ryalls_first_build
I looooove your choices Jane!!! $835! Howd you manage that with those beautiful tiles

Hey Ryalls, surprisingly they are all in the standard range.
The cost is mainly the grout upgrades, something crazy like $400 or something. Then the rest is just because we are using a different size to the preferred size. We both went in thinking we would go over by a few thousand.

oh how exciting!! Lovely choices!
It's going to look a great combination

Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum