Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Daydream 30. 22 week build. After handover fun has begun

Page 18 of 20
Today should have been PCI, there was no way in hell that would have happened.
I don’t even think it will happen next Thursday tbh.
Ran into ss on Tuesday at the house, pointed out a few things that need to be looked at, main one being the damn bricks!! PGH were coming out for the 4th or 5th time.

Our glass splash back has been delayed the past 2 weeks 🤷‍♀️ ss was hoping for it to go in on Wednesday, which means the sparky and plumber can come back and finish everything off.

There was an issue when they tried to put the bath in, so everything had to be ripped out. Waterproofing was done on Monday, tiler was coming back today to retile.

Haven’t taken many photos the last few weeks, haven’t been able to get in since there is never any trades on site and when I was in the other day with ss, I was too busy pointing out problems

Neighbours have started putting their fences up, our yard is so big, I don’t wanna lay all the turf!!

oh my gosh, jane! For some reason I wasn't getting email alerts for your thread!!

firstly, your kitchen looks amazing, love those lights over the bench, and I know you will find a use for those drawers.

how annoying your build is wide open with your dishwasher in clear view! What were they thinking, people still bloody fittings from bathrooms and that's not even seen from the road

I hope your date doesnt get pushed back any later, it must be super frustrating (especially when they gave you and earlier one after lol) but as long as all the problems and defects get sorted it will be worth the annoying wait

you are so close!! We on the other hand MUST be a few days away from getting our start date, i'm hoping our Moondust bricks don't have the same issues some of yours had. I hope the PGH get that sorted for you
Ss just sent us a msg letting us know our splash back has finally been installed

Plumber is back tomorrow morning, cleaner in lunchtime tomorrow

Inspection 1pm Thursday

Splashback looks very lush... is it just black?

Bring on that PCI

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Love the splashback! Wow getting close now

Great i like your plan, Best of luck with the contracts.. Looking forward to seeing your colour selections!
Splashback looks great! and yay for pci!
Bridgetwitch
Splashback looks very lush... is it just black?

Bring on that PCI

- B

It’s suppose to be metallic silverish. I’m hoping it’s just a bad photo and isn’t that dark.

PCI today

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly 🤞

xjanex
PCI today

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly 🤞

Goodluck

We had PCI this afternoon.
It went really well. About 2.5 hours in total.

Lots of paint touch ups
Fan in media and alfresco need to be swapped around
Chipped tile in study
3 in 1 in main bath needs to be installed
Towel rail in ensuite to be installed
Kitchen cabinets need adjusting
Bricks need another clean
Site clean to be done WHENEVER IT STOPS RAINING!!!!

Handover is booked for Tuesday 10th April with the possibility of Friday 6th.

That’s great you had a good PCI. Your home looks lovely, bet you can’t wait to get keys.

- B

Congrats that’s awesome

Not too bad of a list either! Now the countdown begins!
Not too bad!

Your darker bathroom looks so great with the white cabinets
That’s great, Your home looks awesome.
Spent all day making calls and booking people to come out for quotes, starting from next Wednesday, so handover better happen next Tuesday.

We finally got our land scrapped and filled again. We were suppose to get it scrapped when bricks were finished, but it never happened. Every time ss went to get it done, it was always too wet.
It looks fantastic now though.

Painter was on site today, didn’t seem to happy with us when we were there. Maybe if you did a good job the first time, you wouldn’t have to repaint 70% of the house!!

Looks fantastic Jane. You'd think they would just do a good job the first time, then they wouldn't have to come back.
Have got everything crossed for a Tuesday handover.
Wow your site looks fantastic
is this something that was in yr contract or just because it was a disaster zone after bricks

BrownDog77
Wow your site looks fantastic
is this something that was in yr contract or just because it was a disaster zone after bricks

A little from column A, a little from column B

We are elegance inclusion which included taking all our excess dirt away from our first scrap but with the amount of rain we have had during our build, they never got around to scraping dirt back towards our slab, so now corals engineer won’t sign off our house until the land is brought back up to acceptable levels.

Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum