Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Daydream 30. 22 week build. After handover fun has begun

Page 10 of 20
Yay!!

Hubster won't let me buy anything house related until we at least have a slab... so I bought a car instead

Still waiting on Coral. Last I heard we were waiting on plans to be redrawn now they had final contours etc. so who knows how much longer we will have to wait.
All I've wanted was to be in for Christmas, at this rate we won't even have a slab by then.

Just following, I thought my land took a long time to register. Hope that you hear back soon

I just realised that you were able to sign a contract with Coral before land registered. I was told we weren't able to do that.

Ahhh so jelly I would love a ranger
H Family
I just realised that you were able to sign a contract with Coral before land registered. I was told we weren't able to do that.

Lucky you were told no, Jane and I both wouldn't recommend it. They are charging us both thousands of $$$ in fees for going past the start date stipulated in the contract

kikihome
H Family

Lucky you were told no, Jane and I both wouldn't recommend it. They are charging us both thousands of $$$ in fees for going past the start date stipulated in the contract

How can it be one story for one and different for the next. I'm so glad otherwise I would have been in the same boat as you.

Have you been given your start date yet? We were supposed to get it last week but didnt hear anything. Hoping you have yours by now! I want to see at least one of our builds get started soon geez

kikihome
Have you been given your start date yet? We were supposed to get it last week but didnt hear anything. Hoping you have yours by now! I want to see at least one of our builds get started soon geez

That's a big fat no!
As of last Thursday we were still at council.
Hoping to be out of council by end of week, then bank approval? Hopefully on site by late October.

I just want to know how all these other houses got in and out of council so damn quick!!

Since we miss Christmas, my new deadline is my birthday 14th May. If I am not in my lovely new house by then, someone is going to die!

Have you guys got any other updates?
all we got told last week is that all plans are approved but we just are waiting on slab approval. I dont even know what that means urghhh

kikihome
Have you guys got any other updates?
all we got told last week is that all plans are approved but we just are waiting on slab approval. I dont even know what that means urghhh

Spoken with Coral twice this morning.
They were waiting on our slab plan, like you, which was suppose to be done last week, so everything has been delayed apparently.
I'm just so confused if the damn house is at council or not?
Looks like being on site in October is going out the door, that pushes us further back for move in.

Nearly 2 months since we titled and we finally have building approval!!!

Congratulations it is a great feeling

Pinched this photo from our owners fb page.
Both our neighbours have had their sites scraped.
We should have a damn slab by the end of the year

We should get our start date tomorrow. Looks like it will be about the 8th November!! It's finally getting real!!

Start date is 13th November!!!
It's still so far away!!!
But we finally see the starting line!!

Congrats on your start date
Finally!! Looking forward to seeing another Daydream 30 - who is your ss

dougang287

It's been a long 18 month wait since we bought our land, but it is finally about to start.

Ss is Garry.

How is your house going? Have they been back to fix your issues?

xjanex
dougang287

It's been a long 18 month wait since we bought our land, but it is finally about to start.

Ss is Garry.

How is your house going? Have they been back to fix your issues?

that was our one but I deal with his boss now so we actually get things happening now it's ongoing but end nearing

Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum