Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Daydream 30. 22 week build. After handover fun has begun

Page 9 of 20
Wooohoooo!!!!! Can't believe this day is finally here!!!!
AWESOME!!!!::party::
I bet you jumped for joy when you got that email!!

Now that land is registered and settlement is within weeks, we are going over everything once last time. Being that we did our electrical appointment last December, I just took a look at our electrical plan, I have found that we didn't put a single light down one side of the house
or an additional PowerPoint in the pantry for the stick vac.
So even after our huge electrical bill, we still need our sparky to do some cash jobs

Can anyone else see any problems?

Congrats on registration.... I can't wait for that day!!!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Have had second thoughts on pendants over bench.
I can't for the life of me remember who's thread I saw it, but I really like these ones.

I think two will look good.
Our bench is 4m long.
Kitchen is silk white, bench is night sky, splash back is grey.

Jane, we got coral to agree to the $750 per month over contract start fees instead of the $300+ per week. Have you bought it up with them yet?

kikihome
Jane, we got coral to agree to the $750 per month over contract start fees instead of the $300+ per week. Have you bought it up with them yet?

That's awesome! I am absolutely going to ring them tomorrow.
How did you get them to agree to it? It will save us thousands!!

It definitely wasn't easy but we told them that we wouldn't be able to proceed with the build if we had to pay all the fees at the end of it and gave them Paiges lot number and said we wanted the same agreement as what they got. Took about 10 heated phone calls, but we got there in the end.

xjanex
I can't for the life of me remember who's thread I saw it, but I really like these ones.

Our bench is 4m long.

We have this in white in our bathroom and loooove it. Will look awesome in the kitchen too. Sorry, haven't got pic atm

xjanex

Our bench is 4m long.

Hi xjanex

I think it may have been my thread you saw this pendant light. We love it.

kikihome
It definitely wasn't easy but we told them that we wouldn't be able to proceed with the build if we had to pay all the fees at the end of it and gave them Paiges lot number and said we wanted the same agreement as what they got. Took about 10 heated phone calls, but we got there in the end.

Excellent! I'll be ringing them at 9am!!
Fingers crossed!

How did you go, Jane?

kikihome
How did you go, Jane?

Went well, I asked about the charges, weekly vs monthly and she apologised, said she thought it was already mentioned to us, that it's $750 monthly.

How did settlement go?

Yayyy! Im glad they didn't make it is hard for you as they did us!

Settlement was done at quarter to 4 this arvo. Now just got to wait for title transfer and our building plans got lodged this afternoon. 4-6 wait time for both

This magnificent piece of Australia is officially ours as of 330pm this afternoon!!!

Already spoken with coral, plans off to council hopefully this afternoon.
Worst case 6 weeks at council, so should be on site by mid October!!

Grow house grow!!!

Yayyyyyy! Cant wait for our builds to start together

kikihome

Yayyyyyy! Cant wait for our builds to start together

Finally!!!! I can't believe it's actually happening!

Congratulations!! How exciting! Fingers crossed for speedy approval and a fast build
Good luck with your build and congratulations!!
Congrats!!!!
Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum