Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Daydream 30. 22 week build. After handover fun has begun

Page 7 of 20

Took mum out to see our land today. Had to take a photo of hubster and I.

Hard to stay positive about completion of land. Hasn't changed much since I was there 2 months ago.

So it's been a little while since I've updated.
Still waiting on land, but we are getting hopeful that it will all be finished by mid March. ?

I've had shoulder surgery this past week, so lots of sitting around dreaming about our house

All our variations have been signed and sent back. We may have gone a little over board

Tiles- $836
Electrical- $5408
Colour- $3187

We got lucky with our colours, when we added different promotions in the beginning, we added the global chef kitchen promo for $4999. It comes with the wood grain cupboards, we asked our sales consultant if we could have gloss (silk), she emailed whoever she needed to ask, got approved for it. When we went to colours, they had no idea about it. Said no you have to pay $1500 for silk cupboard to our kitchen.
Went back to our amazing sales consultant, got the email from her, and got the silk for free

So all up we are *cough 60thousand cough* over budget. Oops, but I can say, this is my dream house.

xjanex
Still waiting on land, but we are getting hopeful that it will all be finished by mid March. ?

I've had shoulder surgery this past week, so lots of sitting around dreaming about our house

All our variations have been signed and sent back. We may have gone a little over board

Tiles- $836
Electrical- $5408
Colour- $3187

We got lucky with our colours, when we added different promotions in the beginning, we added the global chef kitchen promo for $4999. It comes with the wood grain cupboards, we asked our sales consultant if we could have gloss (silk), she emailed whoever she needed to ask, got approved for it. When we went to colours, they had no idea about it. Said no you have to pay $1500 for silk cupboard to our kitchen.
Went back to our amazing sales consultant, got the email from her, and got the silk for free

So all up we are *cough 60thousand cough* over budget. Oops, but I can say, this is my dream house.

That's great they are honouring the gloss email. I've come to realise budges never work out

How did I miss your colour selections?!

Love the contrast look you are having!! Everything is going to look great!

I'm crossing everything for you for March ??

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643

Have been looking at pendants for over our bench. This is only the only one hubster and I agree on atm.
Will two of these be too much for our kitchen?Bench is 4m long.
Night sky bench, silk white cabinets.

I love it! I don't think it would be too much at all. It will be quite a nice feature I think

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Nice pendants will be what does my head in I think

Milestone
Nice pendants will be what does my head in I think

yep did mine.

Its such a mind boggle.
I thought picking colours would be the hard part, the rest would be easy. Nothing is easy.
I really hope what i see in my mind, is what it will look like.
We are being told our land is delayed again! Imagine that!!
So far we have been told it will be finished in:
September
November
December
End of February
Beginning of March
By end of March

It's getting real hard to stay positive.

Fingers and toes crossed when we do finally start, the build will fly by with no problems.

it's not fair! I dont want to wait anymore

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84825 Coral - Marcoola 32
What is he hold up with the registration?

Sorry to hear your delayed again sweets

I hope you have one of the speediest builds once you get going ??

viewtopic.php?t=83643
shortnstumpy
What is he hold up with the registration?

The civil contractor is useless. They were suppose to have the land finished months ago. Our estate is like 90% done, but the access road seems to have problems after problems.

But once all this is done, we hope ??? registration and titles fly through without any hold up.

charlibear
Sorry to hear your delayed again sweets

I hope you have one of the speediest builds once you get going ??

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thanks Charli. It's getting to the point of is this really worth it?
Being in qld we should have a speedy build. There is a few corals in our estate so hopefully that's a good thing.

Sorry if this has already been answered (I have tried searching but can't find anything) but does anyone have an electrical plan they can share?

We are building the Daydream 32 and I am struggling with the placement of power points, lights etc (my husband is just struggling with the extra cost!!)
xjanex

Tiles- $836
Electrical- $5408
Colour- $3187

Budgets are there to be broken.......well that's what I tell my boss

We set a budget, soon realised it was unrealistic, set another and blew it, then went to variations & colour selections and stopped looking at the total number haha.

We had delay after delay, but once the build starts, it gets real exciting.......hope it won't be too long for you now.
Following along! Also building with Coral on the GC soon
Do you mind if I ask what your spend was on for your electrical appointment? Did you get Clipsal to supply and install LED downlights or did you supply your own or go with battens?

Good luck with everything!
StephLee
Following along! Also building with Coral on the GC soon
Do you mind if I ask what your spend was on for your electrical appointment? Did you get Clipsal to supply and install LED downlights or did you supply your own or go with battens?

Good luck with everything!

Hey,
We spent an additional 7k on electrical. So it's about 12k all together.
We got everything with Clipsal, just because the warranty is then all with coral. Sure we could have done cash jobs but it was just easier to do it with Clipsal, less for us to worry about

Hi xjanex what portico have you gone with?
Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum