Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Daydream 30. 22 week build. After handover fun has begun

Page 6 of 20
We have our colours appointment next Thursday.
I just want everything to be perfect, and I'm all doing is second guess every choice we have made so far. All week I've been looking at our tiles wondering if we made the right choice. I'm not good at this whole waiting thing. Looks like our land is delayed again... no surprise really

Once you get into the app the girls put you at ease and it all seems to flow. You have done the hard part the exterior and your tiles will look awesome. The only thing stressing me was the cost of what we upgraded

We're doing all our appointments over the next week and we're scared too lol

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84825 Coral - Marcoola 32
Milestone
Once you get into the app the girls put you at ease and it all seems to flow. You have done the hard part the exterior and your tiles will look awesome. The only thing stressing me was the cost of what we upgraded

My husband was concerned that what we have picked don't work well together. I said to him I was pretty sure if it looked horrible, they would help us pick something else.
I've got in my head a number for our upgrades, so hopefully it won't be much over

Been there know exactly how you feel but I am sure it's good to look fine the girls will help you out as well!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83796
Good luck for your colours appointment, that's the most exciting part

xjanex
Milestone

My husband was concerned that what we have picked don't work well together. I said to him I was pretty sure if it looked horrible, they would help us pick something else.
I've got in my head a number for our upgrades, so hopefully it won't be much over

They def will help out so don't stress to much but if it's conflicting between the two of you they try to give you time but it's a 3 hour app we did it all also signed off in 2 hours and totally went in undecided so if you have a clear idea I am sure you will be fine. We went in or I went in wanting a white exterior came out with a full grey
the only time they intervened was with a brick I picked out they showed me another one and brought it over to the windows and I was blown away how much difference the sunlight makes. Don't be afraid to take your Colours over to the natural light and sitting in the kitchen makes a big difference. We took lollys in to keep me calm
Mary loved them.
Take heaps of photos of all your choices no matter if it's annoying and remember it takes so bloody long in council and certifier and build I wish I would have bit the bullet and not scraped on some things.... also what the sales person quotes is totally different to the selections quote even the variation was totally different when we received it.
Dee80
Been there know exactly how you feel but I am sure it's good to look fine the girls will help you out as well!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt like this. I am fairly confident in our choices, but like you said the girls will help us out. Now to stay within budget
Milestone
xjanex
Milestone

They def will help out so don't stress to much but if it's conflicting between the two of you they try to give you time but it's a 3 hour app we did it all also signed off in 2 hours and totally went in undecided so if you have a clear idea I am sure you will be fine. We went in or I went in wanting a white exterior came out with a full grey
the only time they intervened was with a brick I picked out they showed me another one and brought it over to the windows and I was blown away how much difference the sunlight makes. Don't be afraid to take your Colours over to the natural light and sitting in the kitchen makes a big difference. We took lollys in to keep me calm
Mary loved them.
Take heaps of photos of all your choices no matter if it's annoying and remember it takes so bloody long in council and certifier and build I wish I would have bit the bullet and not scraped on some things.... also what the sales person quotes is totally different to the selections quote even the variation was totally different when we received it.

I'm so glad everyone is saying they will help us out, it has made me worry a little less.
I didn't even think to take the colours to natural light, must remember that.
Absolutely going to take photos of everything. My husband finds to amusing, whenever we go to look for anything for the house, he ask me if I have taken enough photos, did i get the right angles? He thinks he is the funniest man alive.
We have learnt pricing varies alot between sales consultant to actual price.
kikihome
We're doing all our appointments over the next week and we're scared too lol

How exciting!
We have our colours on Thursday, but can't do our clipsal until December. I wish these people understood some people can't just take the day off, it needs to be worked in to their lives lol

But i guess there really is no rush, with land delayed... again.. and again.. and again..
Colour appointment went well today. Only took a little under 2 hours to have it all done and signed. We pretty much stuck to the colours we had already picked.
Exterior.

Bricks- Moondust double height with off white mortar
Colourbond- Windspray
Fascia and gutters- Windspray
Windows and door frames- Precious silver
Garage door- Australia Cedar in Seville profile.

Our amazing front door, stained to match garage door. And upgraded door handle.

Kitchen.

Bench tops- Night sky
Cupboards and draws- Silk polar white
Open shelves under bench- Black
Glass splash back- resene pearl shimmer

Top handles for draws and cupboards.

Bathrooms

Bench tops- Urban
Vanity- Silk polar white

Upgraded our floor grates.
Changed all our tap ware, towel rails, shower heads.
Added an extra shower head to our ensuite.

Upgraded our toilets too.

Internal doors

We did change our wall colour. We ended up going with snow season quarter. We aren't all that worried about paint, as hubster was a painter so we will probably repaint anyways.

I think that's everything. We are thinking it'll probably be 5-7k worth of upgrades which isn't too bad. But fingers crossed it isn't anymore than that.

Nice work Jane! Love your choices!!

BecsCoral has snow season quarter ... Looks amazing!

We are going to go with the same front door and similar colours. Good choices I am looking forward to following your build

Woo hoo how exciting love your choices.... Can't wait to see your kitchen come together

Yes I am excited to see your kitchen as well

All looks great! How exciting!!
Woohoo! That must have been fun! We're doing our colours on the 5th and tiles tomorrow 😊 That front door is my fave too. Hope our land registers soon!!!

Everything is beautiful. Your kitchen will look amazing. Yep. We have snow season quarter and very happy with it.

dougang287
We are going to go with the same front door and similar colours. Good choices I am looking forward to following your build

Milestone
Woo hoo how exciting love your choices.... Can't wait to see your kitchen come together

Dee80
Yes I am excited to see your kitchen as well

bojaxvogue
All looks great! How exciting!!
Ryalls_first_build
Nice work Jane! Love your choices!!

BecsCoral has snow season quarter ... Looks amazing!

Thank you all.
My stress level is slowly lowering now that its done. I'm just hoping it will look good.

My husband has told me with the amount we have spent on the kitchen, i better be cooking him dinner every night, for the rest of his life.
Becs Coral
Everything is beautiful. Your kitchen will look amazing. Yep. We have snow season quarter and very happy with it.

Your house is stunning Bec.
We were going to do Highgate, but it didn't come in a quarter.
Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum