Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Metricon Liberty - Hampshire 45 QLD

Page 88 of 90
seems to be a good price. we are building liberty 40 as well. 700,000, we added extra 5 sqm.
chezhia
Hi Dulie

Yours is a beautiful house. We are building Liberty 40 (with All inclusions) except driveway and landscaping came in like $555654.00. Are we paying more than we should?? I am kinda worried because your house seem much bigger and you seemed to have spent much less than us.

Can you please help us?Thanks
Ilan.

After we actually finished the house. Not including landscaping or driveway, it was close to $650k we spent, we did a lot of things post handover. Then $100k in funishings and $50k in landscaping (mostly just concrete nothing fancy).
Kandi
seems to be a good price. we are building liberty 40 as well. 700,000, we added extra 5 sqm.

Yeah we saved a lot of money doing things post handover and a lot of DIY stuff too. I'm pretty hands on, so it did save us a bundle of money.
So it's been over a year now living in our new house. Definitely feels like home now. Rained all weekend, was stuck in doors, so I walked around snapping random pics of how the house is looking these days. Sorry for the spam, but enjoy =)

dulie
So it's been over a year now living in our new house. Definitely feels like home now. Rained all weekend, was stuck in doors, so I walked around snapping random pics of how the house is looking these days. Sorry for the spam, but enjoy =)

Never ever been sorry for sharing heaps of pics. I love seeing people’s houses. Your wardrobe looks amazing. Love your shoes rack. And your laundry. The stairs looks great and with that seat there. Great idea. You have done well with the whole design.
where’s pics of the front? You can never post too many.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
My hubby would love that piano. He has a white one. But yours is much nicer

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Your place looks amazing Dulie! Hope ours will look as cosy in a year’s time
Really like your walk in robe and sitting room.

Just wondering, how high is your entertainment unit that is below your tv in the family room? We’re getting one made at the moment but it won’t arrive for another few weeks

It really does look amazing.

blackcat20

Thanks =)
Quirmeball1280

Just wondering, how high is your entertainment unit that is below your tv in the family room? We’re getting one made at the moment but it won’t arrive for another few weeks

Thanks Q. As for the entertainment units - 600mm for top of cupboards, then 20mm top. So 620mm high from the floor.

Doulton777

I will pass on the compliments to my wife, since it's hers =)

Doulton777
Never ever been sorry for sharing heaps of pics. I love seeing people’s houses. Your wardrobe looks amazing. Love your shoes rack. And your laundry. The stairs looks great and with that seat there. Great idea. You have done well with the whole design.

Front hasn't changed, so how about an aerial shot!
dulie
blackcat20

Thanks =)
Quirmeball1280

Thanks Q. As for the entertainment units - 600mm for top of cupboards, then 20mm top. So 620mm high from the floor.

Doulton777

I will pass on the compliments to my wife, since it's hers =)

Doulton777

Front hasn't changed, so how about an aerial shot!

Is it the grey roof top one?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Thanks Dulie, we were thinking of around 640mm to fit in a subwoofer so that sounds about right

Doulton777

Correct, the triple garage is a dead give away =)
Here's 2 old pics.

Quirmeball1280
Thanks Dulie, we were thinking of around 640mm to fit in a subwoofer so that sounds about right

No problemo!
dulie
Doulton777

Correct, the triple garage is a dead give away =)
Here's 2 old pics.

Quirmeball1280

No problemo!

Beautiful. Love it! Unique and stylish.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Omg, your house and your furniture is literally display level! I love it!
Freak_Zombie
Omg, your house and your furniture is literally display level! I love it!

Thanks mate! I'm sure you're bachelor pad will sure to impress once it's done.
Rofl, I wish! It definitely won't be anywhere near as nice as yours. Especially since I'll have to go real cheap with the furniture for now.
Freak_Zombie
Rofl, I wish! It definitely won't be anywhere near as nice as yours. Especially since I'll have to go real cheap with the furniture for now.

You say that now, but i'm sure when the time comes i'm sure you'd be able to stretch =P
dulie this thread is awesome and your house looks beautiful. I have literally spent about 2 hours reading the entire thing.

We are in Qld and considering the Metricon Hampshire with a similar change to yours downstairs with the powder room in the space where the Walk in Laundry is. Wanted to check how its worked out for you and whether its practical?

We're considering either a sliding door on the Laundry then normal where the powder room would be or seeing if Metricon in Qld would make the change they have as an option on the Vic site as part of the "2nd living area to front", where the Laundry door is further back. Just worried about losing too much space in the Laundry that way. https://www.metricon.com.au/new-home-designs/melbourne/hampshire?category=facades&photo=hampshirempire.jpg&floorplan=45
Becks
@dulie this thread is awesome and your house looks beautiful. I have literally spent about 2 hours reading the entire thing.

We are in Qld and considering the Metricon Hampshire with a similar change to yours downstairs with the powder room in the space where the Walk in Laundry is. Wanted to check how its worked out for you and whether its practical?

We're considering either a sliding door on the Laundry then normal where the powder room would be or seeing if Metricon in Qld would make the change they have as an option on the Vic site as part of the "2nd living area to front", where the Laundry door is further back. Just worried about losing too much space in the Laundry that way. https://www.metricon.com.au/new-home-designs/melbourne/hampshire?category=facades&photo=hampshirempire.jpg&floorplan=45

Hi Becks,

Glad you enjoyed the read. Yes we love the powder room! Definitely one of the best changes we made. We have the sliding door on the Laundry (which is never closed for us), and normal door to the powder room and it works great.

I'm sure M would be more than happy to make the "2nd living area to front" powder/laundry room setup for you. But I guess you have to decide if shrinking the laundry would bother you or not.

Final thing I would like to add, you should consider adding insulation to the power room walls for that added bit of privacy. Hope that helps.
dulie
Becks
@dulie this thread is awesome and your house looks beautiful. I have literally spent about 2 hours reading the entire thing.

Hi Becks,

Glad you enjoyed the read. Yes we love the powder room! Definitely one of the best changes we made. We have the sliding door on the Laundry (which is never closed for us), and normal door to the powder room and it works great.

I'm sure M would be more than happy to make the "2nd living area to front" powder/laundry room setup for you. But I guess you have to decide if shrinking the laundry would bother you or not.

Final thing I would like to add, you should consider adding insulation to the power room walls for that added bit of privacy. Hope that helps.

Thanks dulie, we're erring to the way you have it. Also, great call on the insulation, thanks.
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum