Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Metricon Liberty - Hampshire 45 QLD

Page 81 of 90
M and T
Wow the cabinetry looks amazing - you must be so happy to have a place for everything

Yup we couldn't be happier, we were living like savages in a dumpster!!!!!! hahaha
Cabinetry looks awesome !

Long weekend means time to do more home improvements, so finally had time to complete the laundry fit out.
Before

Now

dulie
Long weekend means time to do more home improvements, so finally had time to complete the laundry fit out.
Before

Now

This looks amazing.
Do you mind sharing the rough costs for all of it as i was planning on getting M to do a laundry fitout and just for basic top and bottom cupboard the are charging around $1500.
Thanks

DRT
This looks amazing.
Do you mind sharing the rough costs for all of it as i was planning on getting M to do a laundry fitout and just for basic top and bottom cupboard the are charging around $1500.
Thanks

Hi DRT,

I've actually had this conversation with Renman before (both building hampshire, so same size laundry), and to our surprise M was actually cheaper. It's strange cause every single other item with M has been much more expensive.

From memory Renman with M cost $3500ish.
Me doing post cost $4500ish.

Neither cost include splash back.
dulie
DRT
This looks amazing.
Thanks

Hi DRT,

I've actually had this conversation with Renman before (both building hampshire, so same size laundry), and to our surprise M was actually cheaper. It's strange cause every single other item with M has been much more expensive.

That's interesting.

I am building Glendale 41. Will check with M if i wanted to do more cupboards (similar to what you have done) what is the total costs.
DRT
That's interesting.

I am building Glendale 41. Will check with M if i wanted to do more cupboards (similar to what you have done) what is the total costs.

Yeah it's super strange indeed. I'd be definitively recommending people to do their laundry with M.
Keep in mind both Renman's and mine include stone tops and our laundry is quite long - 4640mm in length.
The cabinets are costed LM (roughly $500LM) and stone is M2 $530 to $830 i.e cat 1 to 5. Easy to work it out. Please let me know if you need exact cost.

Wow love your laundry. Looks amazing. Love the colours too.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
dulie
DRT
This looks amazing.
Thanks

Hi DRT,

Guys,

I think M has caught on to this and have started to charge around the $5000-$5400 price range for something very similar to what I got.

Dulie, great planning to fit the laundry sink in the correct place. Haha
It was also one of our concerns at the start.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Dulie
the Laundry looks great. To good to use!
You might need a 'Butler's Laundry' to do the washing!
Laundry looks great Dulie! I like how you’ve also got tiling next to the laundry door to the outside as well

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
What a gorgeous laundry! I should have put more thought into ours. I must have missed something along the way but did you get it done through M or privately post handover. Considering doing something similar even though ours is a third of your size.
stanus
Dulie
the Laundry looks great. To good to use!
You might need a 'Butler's Laundry' to do the washing!

hahaha never thought of that! Gonna have to save that one for next house lol.

Quirmeball1280
Laundry looks great Dulie! I like how you’ve also got tiling next to the laundry door to the outside as well

I"m glad you like it! I did the tiling myself with left over tiles from M hehehe. =D

Corallake
What a gorgeous laundry! I should have put more thought into ours. I must have missed something along the way but did you get it done through M or privately post handover. Considering doing something similar even though ours is a third of your size.

Thanks CL. I got the laundry done privately post hand over. Definitively super easy to get done later.
We been told by our electrical consultant if there is no windows for the toilets then exhaust fan and light must be in one switch and can not have separate switches. we really wanted separate switches.
Is this the case for every one?
Kandi
We been told by our electrical consultant if there is no windows for the toilets then exhaust fan and light must be in one switch and can not have separate switches. we really wanted separate switches.

That’s is correct. I am sure you can change it post.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Yup it's the same at my house. I was super against it in the beginning, but now i'm kinda glad they are on the same switch. Cause in our ensuite they are on separate switches, and lots of the time i forget to turn on the fan.
Kandi

We managed to get around this. We have lights connected to a sensor and only the manual 'on ' switch triggers the fan. So you can walk in and just trip the sensor for the light and no fan unless you press the switch.

Kandi

Ours have separate switches

Kandi

We have the same arrangement in our powder room, which does not have an external window. Frankly, i think that's fine.
As Dulie mentioned, in our en-suite we have separate switches, and i almost always forget to turn on the exhaust fan.

dulie, love how your laundry has shaped up. Looks awesome! Great job with the DIY tiling too!
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum