Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

UMBRA Estate Greenvale

Page 3 of 4
We have a private inspector. Everyone seems to use Darbecca, so we decided to join the crowd,
Will get Prepour, Frame, Pre-plaster and PCI inspections. Cost a bit over 2K for a double storey.
Have spoken to the Owner/builder you mentioned. Good idea to get friendly with him. You may need at some stage to ask him for some advice. He will also have contacts for doing things like driveway afterwards.
That is so true, hats off to him. We are using Finalinspect as our private inspector. Pays to have someone who knows what is what.

Hi Ssjo,
Went by our blocks yesterday, thought I would remove some weeds from my block. Got a pleasant surprise. They have started cutting my site. A huge pile of dirt on the block between us. Funny though because I have not heard anything from Henley. They have not bothered with fencing as yet either. The house on the other side of me is being cut as well. Got a feeling the contractor doing the cut for both blocks, even though we have different builders.
Your block has fencing.
Also noticed a house on bonds lane is occupied.
Its all go! We too went passed yesterday and we were delighted to see a fence, it's only a fence but it is progress. I did see your block and what a wonderful surprise! It will be interesting to see how all 3 homes develop over the next few months.

The park is coming along! We did notice the occupied house on bonds lane. That was not the house that i picked to be lived in first.

I hope from now every visit to our blocks bring us nice surprises, fence/cut in / etc.
Fun times and lot of photos ahead.

Hi Guys,

We have bought in Umbra also, Stage 2 on Edara Circuit. Trying to get our plans approved but the developers want our landscape and fence design. What did you guys do to get that approved? Are they after a rough sketch of the fence? Plans, Elevations, Dimensions? Legally are they capable of holding you to your design or would it be one of those 'tick the boxes' sort of thing.
Hi PRSR, not sure about the legalities. Until they approve your plans( including landscape) you wont be able to build.
I did 2 rough sketches on graph paper to scale, so a yes for dimensions.
The first one was a look down view of the front profile of my house with areas of turf, garden beds, plants, and driveway all shaded differently. I also included the front fence line in this diagram.
The second sketch was a elevation diagram of the front fence showing posts, top rail, plinth, and the slats/pailings, position of letterbox.
They did come back to me to clarify % of hard surface, turf and garden beds. They even wanted me to show I had the minimum ratio of plants per sqm. With the fence elevation I had to show the spacing in my slats for 50% transparency.
If you are still unsure I can send you my sketches.
Welcome PRSR, I have PM'ed you.
Enjoy

Thanks for the replies guys,

Just want to make sure it goes through all at once. Ssjo, the sketches you sent through were very helpful.

On a side note, the estate is looking really good!
Hi APB09,
Drove past the estate today. It is all go on your site! With the way they were going it would be finished next month....(lol).
They were laying the pipes today.

Hello Ssjo,
Henley told me they would have a slab on my block by Thursday. Didn't think that would happen with 2 huge swimming pools on my block. Has since been amended to Monday (Weather permitting). Pretty happy with that. I think the fact that they are doing another house opposite is an incentive. Must be cost effective to build multiple houses at the same time.
Saw the Metricon guy drive around to the block behind us. Could be another Metricon build. Have they done anything further on your block?
We aren't as advanced as you. Our block has been cut in which must have happened yesterday or today. Not sure on any slab talk, we still need to be pegged.
Slab by Monday! they aren't wasting no time indeed! Even the home next door to you is moving along. It will be between you two to see who will have the first slab down in stage 2. From what you have said my money is on you.

Prefer a good job, not a fast job
. If your site has been scraped it can happen pretty quickly. Doesn't take long to peg out, connect electricity etc. SS told me they can do 3 days to prep for the slab.
Ssjo, I think you have lost your money. My slab won't happen till at least middle of next week now.
They hit some rock and need to change concreters apparently.
Noticed pegs on your site. You never know, you might even beat me.
APB09, have to love fixed site costs right about now!
Yeah, we received our letter today stating that the build has started. I will not tell the wife about the pegs (keep it for a surprise) when we do a drive by over the weekend. I would be guessing if you hit some rock mostly i will be seeing some also.🤔

Hi Ssjo, well you have zoomed right past me.
Not much happening on my lot.
I have had to change my pre-pour inspection 4 times now.
Feel sorry for Darbecca.
Also feel for my SS who had to call me this morning and tell me the concreter did not turn up today, after being sick yesterday.
Spoke to one of the concreters doing your formwork and pod install. In case you don't know its all happening on your lot.
You have your slab pour tomorrow.
I suppose we should all get use to a bit of stop-start with our builds.
ps You don't happen to drive a white SUV.
Hey,
Nar no white SUV - (gold CRV).
Found out last night that they are looking to pour thursday. My private inspector rang to say that he received a email from SS for pre-slab inspection today.
Thats some bad luck with your site. The site across the road from us is really moving ahead.
Thats the problem with builds everything has a time and if its missed the trades move on to the next job. With the good weather hopefully we will all have slabs!

Guys...just curious..why isn't Umbra selling like the other estates in Greenvale..I see true north..maple and others who are father away from city..but have people queueing up for block of land...why not umbra..why is the land still available.. Anything that I am unable to see?
ammysammy
Guys...just curious..why isn't Umbra selling like the other estates in Greenvale..I see true north..maple and others who are father away from city..but have people queueing up for block of land...why not umbra..why is the land still available.. Anything that I am unable to see?
Hey,
Stage 1&2 soldout without any advertising, just some signs on the temporary fences.
From my understanding stages 3,4 and 5 which are not linked to stages 1&2 are almost all sold out. That could be why there are no lines of people.

There are blocks still available...

When compared this with estates in Mickleham and Donnybrook...I am surprised..its still not "SOLD OUT"
ammysammy
There are blocks still available...

When compared this with estates in Mickleham and Donnybrook...I am surprised..its still not "SOLD OUT"
Don't know.
I like the fact that it's not past Somerton Road. You may have to call the developer and ask some questions.

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum