Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

UMBRA Estate Greenvale

Page 2 of 4
Hi Ssjo, thought I would find out where you are at.
Our settlement was Tuesday and title changed yesterday.
We are now waiting for soil report, energy assessment and permit. Hopefully we are only looking at about 4 weeks before any action on our land.
Yep, we also settle yesterday! I spoke to Metricon and they were looking to finalize everything, waiting on some services, could be the same things? But looking to hand it over to their construction team mid to late April. So i would estimate that we would ......possibly...... start mid May. Hoping sooner but let see how it pans out.

It is getting close! I think there will be people in stage 1 by easter!

Hi Ssjo,
Did you have to pay the Infrastructure Levy ($733) to Hume council.
Hi,
Thanks, Just did!
Metricon call me today to tell me of this one off 'payment'. So, all I have left is to wait for the final Metricon house drafting drawings and the final sign off on our inside colours. The drawings will be the ones that will be submitted to Hume for a building permits.

Did you have any/many issues with your home and the developer guidelines?

Is no news, good news. Either Henley have not submitted the plans to the developer as yet or we have passed with flying colors. Hopefully the later. Last time I had a look at the estate I did notice a lot of single storey houses without eaves. Also a couple of houses with more than 20% face brick work. Looks like they are making a lot of exceptions with the guidelines.
So true. Let's hope its all good news!

We had to extend the front of the house as it was only 600mm in front of the garage not the 1000mm that they wanted. 2400mm was the standard size of the bottom floor roof height, we needed to raise to meet the 2550mm requirements. They were the biggest changes that we need to do to meet the requirements.

Yes, Henley made us extend the front of the house and also the porch. They were pretty thorough going through the guidelines.
Have you seen the land prices for stage 3? Land sizes have decrease but the prices have increased. $345k for 440m2
I think we have done well buying when we did.

Yes, prices have gone up about 50K. I have sent you a private message.
Ssjo, I take it you got my message. The way the BAL works is if your property is next to park land or similar then you will be in the bushfire zone. All the blocks around the corner from you that face the park and the wetlands will be in the zone.
Do you know your soil test results. We have a P, so will require a H2 level Engineered stiffened slab.I am trying to work out what that means. A raft slab, Waffle pod with extra beams or Waffle pod with piers. I don't know?
We have the same - class P. We have a fixed site cost so we dont need to pay anymore. Spoke to Metricon and our slab will still be a waffle, not sure if piers or pod tho. She said it was standard for the area.

I think I have worked it out. It will be a waffle slab probably with deeper beams on the outside , additional reinforcing etc.
Possibly piers if it is bad enough. I t will be interesting if the specs for us will be the same or not. When I find out I will let you know.
We have fixed site costs as well.
Hi APB09,
How are things?
Drove past the blocks today and lot 253 & 254 have their builders temp fencing up (first in stage 2). The park is taking shape, the developer has installed all the nature strip trees. There is also a new wooden boundary fence for block lots 228 & 227 with some freshly installed instant turf. The estate is really coming together. Have you been past lately?

2 or 3 homes in stage one have the builders temporary fences down, so it wouldn't be long before the estate has their first residents.

Hi Ssjo
The temp fencing must have gone up yesterday as I was there on Monday.
I did see a a truck arrive while I was there with a load of timber. That would have been the fencing for lots 227 and 228.
I only received my design panel approval yesterday. They did come back at me to clarify the transparency of my front fence and the percentage of garden bed. Fortunately nothing on the actual house.
Now its sit and wait. Hoping to get some action before May?
I will go and have another look on Friday.
Lol, I too had transparent issues with our fence. I had to space it out more and then they wanted it drawn on to the front layout of the draft drawing. It's good news that your house had no issues.

Hi Ssjo, how are things going.
We received our building permit today so we are all set to go. Hoping we get lucky and Henley start at the end of the month.
Thats great news! One less hurdle! I was up at our block yesterday pulling out some of the high weeds and to put up a sign with our lot number on it, which was requested by Metricon??? Bit strange but.........not to sure about our permit. I met one of our neighbors his block is between us but behind us, facing the future lake.

Sounds like your start is imminent to me. Probably get your permit any day now.
Been a long wait.
I believe the original landowners have either the block you mentioned or the one next door. If the fellas name was Gerald I think that would be him. I wanted one of the 2 large blocks facing the wetlands but they got first pickings of course as part of the sale.
Yep, its the same man. I also think we might be building sooner rather than later. The estate is looking good! from what I can see there is 1 owner builderin the estate so far. Its the last house from stage 1 on greenhaven drive heading down towards us. Thats a project that I wouldn't like to take on ..........

APB09
Are you getting a independent building inspector for your build?

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum