Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sovereign Metricon

Page 1 of 2
Hi All
I am in the process of building a new home
I am going to build Metricon Sovereign 50 in south Australia.In the process of signing the contract.I have done quite a few upgrades.Happy to share the costs.$426k with Verve Facade.
Have to pay extra $27k for provincial facade.
Raised ground floor ceilings to 3.0 - $17000.
First floor - 2.7 - $6500.
Glass balustrade for stairs - $14000
Dressing room to main bedroom - $14000.
Outdoor room extension - $10900.
Footings - $45k
Air conditioning - $28k
Does the prices seems ok?
Please add comments and suggestions please.
Following...

I am not sure about the prices but I am sure other Metricon clients will help you...

Sounds like it is going to be a beautiful home..
Ados..with a first look it seemed expensive but u are building a mansion so the prices would be proportional i suppose ... Still ur over 600K already and ud still be adding approx 100 K worth of upgrades during color electrical. For 700K , I'd think it's expensive but this falls in the high end designer range houses so it's not fair comparison with smaller houses ... Glendale 45 limited e.g base price is under 300K. With my analysis with prices so far .. It's SIZE OF HOUSE X 10K after upgrades as a guide .

Glendale 39 build
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83907
I'm building the Hampshire/Liberty 45 and all the upgrade prices seem very similar. It is what it is. Exciting to see your home progress further. 3M ceilings! So jealous. Don't forget with the higher ceilings to increase the height of all your external and internal doors.
dulie
I'm building the Hampshire/Liberty 45 and all the upgrade prices seem very similar. It is what it is. Exciting to see your home progress further. 3M ceilings! So jealous. Don't forget with the higher ceilings to increase the height of all your external and internal doors.

and windows
Thank you Regvic, suzie_G39 and dulie for your feedback and comments.

Can someone compare Sovereign 50 and Hampshire 45 for me.
Especially if you have been to both the display homes.
I understand Hampshire is a smaller house but is there a massive difference between them?

The reason I like Hampshire 45 is the base value including the provincial facade
is $392k and it's quite similar to sovereign.

I am quite ready to sign the contract for sovereign but just want to check Hampshire 45
before I make the decision.

Thank you
Following.. Cant wait to see this build
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83489&start=120
Ados
Thank you Regvic, suzie_G39 and dulie for your feedback and comments.

Can someone compare Sovereign 50 and Hampshire 45 for me.
Especially if you have been to both the display homes.
I understand Hampshire is a smaller house but is there a massive difference between them?

The reason I like Hampshire 45 is the base value including the provincial facade
is $392k and it's quite similar to sovereign.

I am quite ready to sign the contract for sovereign but just want to check Hampshire 45
before I make the decision.

Thank you

What would you like to compare? I've visited both display homes. We have 2 Sovereign 50s on display up here in QLD, and I recently went to visit the Hampshire 45 limited time display down in Melbourne.

Kinda hard to compare since one has all rooms en-suited, while the other doesn't. Though it's also possible to have the Hampshire optioned with all en-suited. I'm guessing that would bring it up to a 50ish size and price. We were deciding between the 2, and ended up going with the Hampshire just because we like the lower floor layout more.

I like Hampshire's ground floor layout too.I like the fact that laundry is not behind the kitchen and it opens up the kitchen and family area.
What's the feel you get when you visited Hampshire, does it feel as open as sovereign, I'm aware the entry is 2.2m with Hampshire which is smaller than sovereign and most of the rooms are smaller as well i guess my point is when you walk in the house is there a major difference in size or they are quite similar.
Another big concern is the bedroom 2,3 and 4 sizes.

The things I love about Hampshire:

We can get provincial facade for around $27k
as compared to sovereign which is $56k.
Extra workshop space in garage.
Extra width with kitchen/family but compromising on the length.
Big wardrobe upstairs ( thinking of combining the study and wardrobe and converting 2nd bedroom into study)

Things of concern:

Does the kitchen/family/dining area looks big and open .I am talking about the feel you get when you walk in both the houses, the same thing about entry and the bedrooms.
I just want to make sure that the house feels big enough.
I went to see vantage 35 and I liked the house but it felt a bit smaller.

So my point exactly is what was the feel aboutit.
I have plans for both houses with measurements.

I'm thinking of asking them if they can make the house bit wider but not sure how much it will cost.Has anyone done it before?

Thanks in advance ?
So my plan if i go with Hampshire is:
$392k ( Base price with provincial facade which we love.Any feedback about the facade will be lovely)
$45k - footings
$28k - Aircon ( will talk to them about getting it ourselves)
$17k - raised ceilings to 3m downstairs.
$10k - Extended outdoor room ( 5.5 x 7m )
$14k - Glass balustrade staircase ( has anyone got any quote from outside)

That will bring the total to $507k
That's a big Savings from Sovereign.
Is it worth it or big compromise on size

That means if I spend around 80k on floorings/electrical/ benchtops etc
( hoping less but going by the comments on the forum, please feel free to share your expenses on selections )
So if I keep $50k for pool and $70k for fence/driveway/ landscaping will that be enough.I'm trying to be generous but would love to keep the budget lower.
Your thoughts???
luxury inclusions are included in our price.
Upstairs in the Sovereign definitely felt bigger, I think that's where the major size difference is.

Hampshire - Massive Master, but small kids rooms.
Sovereign - Conservative Master, but huge kids rooms and very big feeling when upstairs.

Downstairs is a bit hard to compare, since one has an en-suited room while the other has move living space. Overall I guess the Sovereign did feel more spacious, since it has the extra 2 living spaces. As for the price difference, you're paying for each en-suite and the extra 5 squares in size.

But I know what you mean about size, walking into a 35 vs 40 vs 45 vs 50 - it all makes quite a different impression in size.

Plane tickets pretty cheap these days, If I was you, I'd take a flight interstate and see them for yourself.
following, we are looking at metricon, so interested to see how the pricing works. Looking at the Merricks 38 so smaller scale for NSW.
Thank you dulie for the information and feedback
Ados
Thank you dulie for the information and feedback

Hi Ados,
have you seen the customization i have done in Sovereign 50
viewtopic.php?p=1528741#p1528741

i be honest i have seen so many houses but openness feeling you get in this house i wasn't able to compare..
Thank you Skami.That's what I was looking for someone to tell me that it looks wide and open.
Does the kitchen and family looks open enough as kitchen is positioned a bit forward due to the laundry?

Do you have a thread for your build as I would love to follow it.

I'm very impressed with your upgrades.It's going to be a beautiful home??

I picked up a few ideas.?
Thank you .
Will love to see your progress plus I'm new to the forum as well.
It's a bit hard to find links on my phone ?
Ados
Thank you Skami.That's what I was looking for someone to tell me that it looks wide and open.
Does the kitchen and family looks open enough as kitchen is positioned a bit forward due to the laundry?

i be biased but it feel open and laundry is nicely tucked behind the kitchen. i liked the way they increased the size of the windows in the display houses and thats what i have done in my build as well

Ados
Do you have a thread for your build as I would love to follow it.

No i have not made any threads yet, my file has just sent to construction.
Ados
I'm very impressed with your upgrades.It's going to be a beautiful home??

I picked up a few ideas.?
Thank you .
Will love to see your progress plus I'm new to the forum as well.
It's a bit hard to find links on my phone ?

have a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5823 this helps alot
i also made sure that all windows and doors have same head heights
following ...........
Ados
So my plan if i go with Hampshire is:
$392k ( Base price with provincial facade which we love.Any feedback about the facade will be lovely)
$45k - footings
$28k - Aircon ( will talk to them about getting it ourselves)
$17k - raised ceilings to 3m downstairs.
$10k - Extended outdoor room ( 5.5 x 7m )
$14k - Glass balustrade staircase ( has anyone got any quote from outside)

That will bring the total to $507k
That's a big Savings from Sovereign.
Is it worth it or big compromise on size

That means if I spend around 80k on floorings/electrical/ benchtops etc
( hoping less but going by the comments on the forum, please feel free to share your expenses on selections )
So if I keep $50k for pool and $70k for fence/driveway/ landscaping will that be enough.I'm trying to be generous but would love to keep the budget lower.
Your thoughts???

Depends on your pool size. we just got our 2.5m wide 15m long lap pool quote and it turned out to be 58k. Average driveway should cost somewhere around 5k-7k. Fencing can vary hugely depending on style. Landscape on the other hand can be next to nothing if you decided to take it on yourself as some weekend fun project.

personally i wouldn`t take the 3m ceiling height as only 25mm increase from 2.7m gonna set you back for 17k where as 2.75m is only 2k in my case.

Glass balustrade staircase is something we really wanted as it would look amazing. But it will only cost you less than 5k if you take carpet on staircase. Having lived in 2 houses with solid timber staircase, I`d say they are the worst thing to have in a house... Not only it can get very loud if you don`t walk gently but also gets super slippery when it get wet.
We looked at Soverign too initially but then noticed the Glendale 50 was a very similar layout at almost $90k lower in price so we could start with the layout and then upgrade to what we require. What have you gpne with?

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum