Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hotondo Homes

Page 1 of 2
Hey everyone,

I see there's no thread for Hotondo Homes so decided to make one. I understand it's a franchise so prices and inclusions my differ however they all use the same floor plans as on their website and you're able to customise them to your liking. We're looking to build the Tarkine 198. Still in very early stages. We'll be speaking a mortgage broker this week then we'll be on our way. We put a deposit on land that is titled so hoping our home will be finished by early 2017. I'll keep updates here. Please share your experiences too.
Here's some info on building with Hotondo ...
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75278

Stewie
Hi. We are building with Hotondo Warragul. We are waiting to do our selections. We were told within 3 weeks and it's 5 weeks tomorrow. Grrr..... The plans should be at the engineers so things are still moving along. We are building a Whitsunday that has some modifications. The biggest one being the alfresco.

Hi Firstbuild,

I am building with a local franchise of Hotondo Homes...Mine is a customised plan..

So far, I am very impressed..looking to start the construction by the end of this month or early next month..

Cheers,

P.s. Hope to see more Hotondo build threads
Ive finally started talking to builders, yesterday was the 2nd builder and it was Hotondo.

Being a franchise worries me, I was reading a few comments about their local builder going bust and HO not coming to the party - has anyone any thoughts on how to check out their local builder/franchisee to do some due diligence?

good luck!
Splitsville
Ive finally started talking to builders, yesterday was the 2nd builder and it was Hotondo.

Being a franchise worries me, I was reading a few comments about their local builder going bust and HO not coming to the party - has anyone any thoughts on how to check out their local builder/franchisee to do some due diligence?

good luck!

Hotondo is one of the very successful franchise... who is your local franchise or where you planning to build? Ask a question on Hotondo Homes Facebook page. I have noticed in other forums they are very responsive to queries.
Check out the Dept of Fair Trading to see if there has been any complaints lodged against them. There is a section on their website that allows you to look this up. I think you can also do this with the ACCC to see their past business history as well.

Stewie
Stewie D
Check out the Dept of Fair Trading to see if there has been any complaints lodged against them. There is a section on their website that allows you to look this up. I think you can also do this with the ACCC to see their past business history as well.
Stewie

Thanks! I didnt know where to start.

We are in the Hills district and Ive only spoken to them once but they asked lots of questions and said they will come back to me soon. Time isnt ticking so Im no in a rush.

cheers,
Yes fair trading. You can check their license and then click on it to see if they've had any misdemeanours etc. if you speak to someone at fair trading they can tell you of their financials etc too

Hi, any interesting updates from anyone? any new Hotondo clients?

I signed my contract and paid the 5% deposit last Friday
My wife and I are pretty much decided on Hotondo Central Coast. All I can say is, what fantastic people that run that franchise. Very welcoming, helpful, go far beyond what they have to, to accomodate you. They include stuff as standard which for other builders would be an upgrade. Very happy at this point with Hotondo, it's franchisee and the overall product.

[quote="RegVic"]Hi, any interesting updates from anyone? any new Hotondo clients?

[/quote

Where you building?

scottwilkos1711
My wife and I are pretty much decided on Hotondo Central Coast. All I can say is, what fantastic people that run that franchise. Very welcoming, helpful, go far beyond what they have to, to accomodate you. They include stuff as standard which for other builders would be an upgrade. Very happy at this point with Hotondo, it's franchisee and the overall product.

I've just joined this forum to do a little research on builders and hotondo central coast is the one I'm most interested in, so that's great to hear! I'll be very interested in how it all goes if you decide to go with them
Where you building Adele? Have you been to see Jon and Lyndsey? What design you looking at?

scottwilkos1711
RegVic

[/quote

Where you building?

Hi Scott,
Happy to see another Hotondo client... what stage are you in with you build?

I am building in regional Victoria
RegVic
scottwilkos1711
RegVic

[/quote

Where you building?

Hi Scott,
Happy to see another Hotondo client... what stage are you in with you build?

I am building in regional Victoria

Cool, I am waiting for my land to go on sale then I will sign on the dotted line with Hotondo. How's your experiences with Hotondo been so far

I've only spoken to Lyndsey, but she was extremely helpful over the phone, even went to have a look at the land we're interested in and sent some photos (haven't seen it in person yet, hoping to on Tuesday). So my first impressions have been awesome!

We're looking at Wadalba, and wanting to build a duplex, haven't decided on the design as yet, possibly the Aon duplex with changes to make one 4bed.

scottwilkos1711
Where you building Adele? Have you been to see Jon and Lyndsey? What design you looking at?

MMMMMMM.NOT feeling the hotondo good vibes right now peeps !
everesse9
MMMMMMM.NOT feeling the hotondo good vibes right now peeps !

Sorry to hear that..

Where are you building and what stage are you in?
Thought i would bump the thread to see if there are any new Hotondo home builders out there?????
We are looking to build in Curlewis Vic, and are in discussion with Hotondo OG
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum