Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Palace q1 Henley

Page 1 of 8
Hi Everyone, we recently signed our contract for a palace q1 to be built in Allura, Truganina. Looking for anyone else who may have built the same. Any suggestions? Couldn't find any threads of palace.
Hi, we are looking to build this floor plan as well! What have you guys looked at/decided on so far

Someone else a while ago mentioned they were able to get some storage space under the staircase, so try to see if they can do that for you
Hi we are building the Palace Q1 with the Grange Facade. We are currently almost finished framing stage. We also did the under stairs storage!

We extended our garage also as we had a little more room on our size block (16m frontage) so we thought why not extend the garage!

Mclaren77
Hi we are building the Palace Q1 with the Grange Facade. We are currently almost finished framing stage. We also did the under stairs storage!

Oh great! with the under stairs storage do you know how tall the door is? and did you do it from the butlers pantry?
The access door to under stairs storage is located in the garage. The door is not a standard door size I'm 5foot 4 and I need to duck my head slightly to get in. If that make sense

Mclaren77
The access door to under stairs storage is located in the garage. The door is not a standard door size I'm 5foot 4 and I need to duck my head slightly to get in. If that make sense

Ah Sweet! I am also 5"4 so sounds like the door isnt a full size but enough to get in, any reason why you didnt put it in from the butlers pantry?
Just personal preference really. But one reason is it will be used purely for storage for our bulky items that get used seasonally. So keeping all that in the garage space suits us better.

This is our third build with Henley and I must say this floor plan Palace Q1 is great! No wasted space (what I mean by that is there is no meaningless space which you don't know what to do with and doesn't get used) and the flow suits our family perfectly.

Mclaren77
This is our third build with Henley and I must say this floor plan Palace Q1 is great! No wasted space (what I mean by that is there is no meaningless space which you don't know what to do with and doesn't get used) and the flow suits our family perfectly.

This will be our second build and I completely agree with you, the way the space has been set out is excellent!!

Did you do many upgrades like the butlers and Laundry?
Only cabinetry and sink to butlers as for laundry I'm getting the storage cupboard and bench

Oh Excellent, sounds like the upgrades we were going to go for as well! We are still at the very early stages of ours so we are still yet to go through our options of what we would like to add
Well if you have any questions feel free to ask!

We built the Palace...been in for 3 months now.

We did the mini door through the butlers - height about 1.7m.

Wasted space - master bedroom - it is huge (particularly given the ensuite suffers - you have to stand over the toilet off the ensuite to close the door - it is truly a very small room). I just feel this whole area could have been done better.

Happy to answer any other questions you may have, but the one piece of advice I would give you is not to settle until everything is sorted. We settled with a range of issues that Henley said they would come back and fix - 3 months later and I am still emailing 2-3 times a week to get people to come out and fix stuff. Worse still, someone has to be home most times, which is difficult when everyone in the house works!!
vigintitres
We built the Palace...been in for 3 months now.

We did the mini door through the butlers - height about 1.7m.

Wasted space - master bedroom - it is huge (particularly given the ensuite suffers - you have to stand over the toilet off the ensuite to close the door - it is truly a very small room). I just feel this whole area could have been done better.

Happy to answer any other questions you may have, but the one piece of advice I would give you is not to settle until everything is sorted. We settled with a range of issues that Henley said they would come back and fix - 3 months later and I am still emailing 2-3 times a week to get people to come out and fix stuff. Worse still, someone has to be home most times, which is difficult when everyone in the house works!!

1.7 metres is a good sized butlers door for a guy who is short

Which facade did you go with and what were some of the other upgrades you ended up going for?

There are a few we are looking at but not 100% sure, one of the Things I am still debating is whether to put sliding doors to the theatre or leave it open... Did you upgrade things like the butlers and laundry?

Oh also how much did they charge you for the door to the understairs?

$210 for the door under the stairs. Great little space - the wife put carpet down and we have shelves in there. Henley did basic plaster, no detailing around door jamb (on inside) and fitted a light.

As for changes to laundry and butlers, I'm not sure what you mean. Laundry we went with Option 5A which is the full cabinets. Butlers we went standard (we did fit sink) as we are going to sort that out ourselves later. We have already decided to move the dishwasher from the kitchen to the butlers, so we will be getting a cabinet maker in to do that (along with a few other changes, such as pull out pantry and drawers - we placed handles to allow for pull out even though they are currently normal opening cupboards).

Broadway facade - the wife and I liked the basic look and for our area (we built in established eastern suburb) this blends well. That said, we did change it to fully render upstairs, render around door arch and fully brick everywhere else downstairs.

As for upgrades, we pretty much upgraded everything we could. Wall flick taps in all bathrooms, Franke sinks, added a pantry to the left of the outside wall in kitchen (thank goodness, as there is very little pantry space elsewhere), upgraded tiles, timber windows, 3rd coat of paint (waste given our paint job is terrible), timber windows, 2300 wide front door, wider garage, timber windows, sound proof plaster for theatre (we installed double doors; asked for parliament hinges but they forgot them, so credit back), changed a number of windows, timber stairs, top electrical package (and still added more, such as 2 theatre room wirings), etc. We did flooring ourselves as we were not happy with what Henley offered.

All up, we ended $90k over base house price, though this is including site costs, slabs, drains, retaining walls, etc. which will vary.
Great info, thanks for sharing. Can I ask what flooring you decided to go with downstairs? Did you do tiles or timber flooring and how does it look? I love the entry hall to the Palace and was thinking of a nice porcelain gloss tile to give it that mirrored look. Also did you get cupboards under the bench to the butlers pantry?

I also forgot to mention I decided that the island bench had great cabinetry space that would otherwise be left empty and requested cabinets to the other side where you put the bar stools. The cupboard doors click into place and have no handles. I think it cost around $900 to do so but it will be great storage for a lot of kitchen gadgets that don't get used regularly!

Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum