Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our New Home in Gippsland - almost complete

Page 11 of 20
That's the same for me Reg. I contacted the guy who books the trades last Monday and asked what was planned before Christmas and how long would they stop for over Christmas. His reply was all of the trades are booked and there would be minimal shut down over Christmas. I will contact him again at the end of the week if nothing has happened before then. I think communication is important. A simple email saying we are waiting for a brick layer and they should be starting your job around the ...... would save me being disappointed every time I drive past.

AJB
That's the same for me Reg. I contacted the guy who books the trades last Monday and asked what was planned before Christmas and how long would they stop for over Christmas. His reply was all of the trades are booked and there would be minimal shut down over Christmas. I will contact him again at the end of the week if nothing has happened before then. I think communication is important. A simple email saying we are waiting for a brick layer and they should be starting your job around the ...... would save me being disappointed every time I drive past.

Agree with you... I don't expect them to be proactive but they should be able to give us a clear timeline when requested...

(not trying to rub salt) I sent an email to the guy this morning and this what I received...

"The bricklayer started today, will be back on Wednesday. The plasterers will be finishing off inside this week, with the fixout due to start late this week or early next. Kitchen is booked in for late next week as well."
Geez I so understand the frustration of just wanting your house to be built.

There was someone on site today but gone by 10am. Apparently some bricks have been moved around the house and the lintels that go above the windows have been delivered. Hopefully that means bricks are starting properly on Monday.

Meanwhile my husband has his excavator at home for the weekend so he is doing some landscaping. He is putting some rocks in and making a flat area for the kids. I really want a little half basketball court for my 10 year old son and room for the trampoline and monkey bars which my daughter loves.

Well I suppose that's better than nothing. Hopefully they get stuck into it next week.

Thanks Craig. Meanwhile we are getting stuck into some landscaping.

Sand was delivered today and a few poles have been put up. The trades around here rarely seem to put in a full day's work. Hopefully we see some bricks laid tomorrow.

Yay! bricks soon AJB...

Bricks!

Wonderful👍. About time.

Yay! looks very nice...
Thanks Craig and Reg. It's great to see something happening again.

More bricks laid today and insulation installed. Hopefully plaster happens soon.

I'm pretty happy with how the colours are looking.

Wow they done the window sills as well...looks nice AJB...
Thanks Reg. It's great to have momentum happening again.

Hi AJB,

How's it coming? Are the bricks all done yet?? Any internal work over the past few days.

The bricks are coming along nicely. The brickies have said they will be finished by Friday.

I dropped off our fans and pendant light at the builders last week.

We were asked to pick another floating floor as the one we chose is out of stock so I will be doing that on Wednesday.

It's raining at the moment. Hopefully it won't slow the brickies down.

It really coming along nicely AJB...
More bricks today.

And ...........

Such a lovely surprise. I don't know why but I wasn't expecting plaster until the bricks were finished.

So hopefully we will have bricks and plaster finished by the end of the week.

Hey AJB
House is coming along great

Related
22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

19/08/2023
New home

Building A New House

Skjm You might want to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKx-bsOr2jg If that link doesn't work go to youtube and search for Zac Homes ACA I am really…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum