Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Doing it again

Page 19 of 25
Ooh, Cat Haven have some pretty kitties. Do you have your eye on anybody? Lulu is cute!! And Hendix.. I luff fluffy cats.. and tabbies..

Oh okay.. Abbie!!! *love*
I'm not seriously looking for any kitties at the moment, so no.

I want to get the backyard established first

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
That's sensible.
We'll I'll be super excited to see when you do get a kitty ^^;

Your backyard is looking good, your making good progress.
☺ i'll have to remember to share photos if & when i get 'em then

View thread:
Forgot to share this pic... mailbox is in place

Still undecided about painting it

View thread:
So my paving out the back was finally finished on Monday morning. Yay.

Now i've gotta set the 'garden edging' in place and build my raised garden bed along the back retaining wall - hoping i have enough red bricks to go 4 courses high. This pic gives a rough idea as to how i want it

I've put up the majority of light fittings that i've bought so far - very simple ones for the minor bedrooms & study/craft room:

Wet areas:

Front hallway:

Master bedroom:

The last few nights i've been raking up rubble at the front of the house

Gosh it never ends... more rubble...

And probably still more to clear but i think i've got the worst of it done now. Directly in front of the front of the house was a thick layer of render going right across the front. Had to smash it with the garden fork in order to pull it up. That was hard work.

Now i've just gotta work out what do between the mailbox and the retaining wall. I'm thinking 2-3 steps and path to front door. Would welcome suggestions

View thread:
It's looking great rosemi!

Is the developer doing your front landscaping?

Thanks Silentbob. Yes, i've just gotta contact their landscaper again to let them know that i'm ready for them to meet with me to do the plan

View thread:
Looks great!!!
Thanks Dawn.

View thread:
Today my bf loaned me his soil spreader. So earlier tonight i was busy levelling the dirt both in the front & backyards.

View thread:
Progress in my backyard...

Dad & I started work on the garden edging today. Tomorrow, we tackle the raised garden bed

Pics

We were supposed to start on the front yard but i need more 90mm pipes to go under the paths, etc for the retic

I've pretty much decided how the front will be done now. Just gotta decide on the plants... thinking a couple of lillipillis to provide some screening along the top right hand side of the wall; with philotheca myoporoides to hedge along the top of the remainder of the wall to the driveway. Some dianella and probably some red kangaroo paws in front of the retaining wall. Haven't decided on plants for the narrow side of the driveway tho.

View thread:
My Dad came over & did the raised garden bed in the backyard

Finished garden edging & raised garden bed wall

Next job for me sometime this weekend will be to get on the rotary hoe & turn over the earth (it's really hard & compacted in some areas) and lift up some more limestone rocks *fun*

And i s'pose i'll have to do a trip to total eden to plan/sort out my retic

View thread:
So i goofed up big time in the planning stages of my house by not getting the builder to install the conduit between the nbn pit & the house.

So this morning i am waiting for someone to come around to do a quote.

Nbn installers booked for next Thursday arvo.

Already had foxtel installed. But i'm not able to login online to manage my subscription. 😒. Yay great - so much for free upgrade to drama/movies or sport channels for 3 mths.

Your place is looking awesome!!! I missed so much as I managed to somehow unsubscribe myself from your thread

I must remember NBN when meet our electrician

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
I'm really impressed with your edging!! Can I ask how deep you dug the footing for this? We are going to try and tackle something similar. Also, was there a reason you did brick vs timber or other types? Looking for pros and cons!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Hi MrsJM, used brick 'cos i had plenty left over. Otherwise would have bought limestone edging. Wanted to clearly delineate where the garden beds were and try to reduce the chances of grass growing into the beds.

The bits my dad did have a proper cement footing approx 10cm then the mortar bed which added a few more cms. Ditto with the raised garden bed wall

Thanks rosemi. Looks great! Really kicking myself now that we told the builder to take the pallet of leftover bricks. But then again, didn't fancy having to move them to store them!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Thanks MrsJM - I'm pleased with the end result ☺
it was a big job moving the pallets of bricks! All i had to move them was a sack trolley. It did the job even if it take forever.

Anyone have any inexpensive ideas on how i could block this gap up?

need something that will keep my future kitty/kitties in and other animals out

Related
30/06/2023
The 'Do's' to Doing it Yourself

Renovation + Home Improvement

The DIY project can be broken into two major steps. Planning and Design and Construction. Both of these steps are as important as one another to ensure you give…

30/08/2023
Pest control. What is doing this?

General Discussion

Hi group, have some damage to the door frame and skirting board. It's a side door to the laundry area. Only has a security door. I had a termite inspection (note drill…

7/02/2024
Anyone using Bellriver bulder and doing the turnkey projects

Building A New House

Anyone using Bellriver bulder and doing the turnkey projects

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum