Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Doing it again

Page 14 of 25
Paving started today

Portable has been removed along with the big skip bin which was chockablock yesterday.

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
Clo phoned today to tell me what is currently being done. Most if not all had already been done.
Asked her when pci was likely to happen - all things going well it should be in the week starting 16/01/2017.

View thread:
Eeee! Exciting.
aloenyx
Eeee! Exciting.

Yup! Sure is

View thread:
Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas
and a happy & prosperous New Year

View thread:
So, I've done up a landscape plan for me back yard - this will probably be the final plan

The front yard landscaping has me stumped. Can't come up with a plannthat I'm happy with. Not sure whether to do a path from the portico all the way to the footpath or just to the front boundary. Which side should i have the mailbox?

View thread:
Well done with the landscaping plans!!

My personal preference is to have the mailbox on the other side, I'm a little paranoid of someone not looking and hitting the mailbox lol

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Oooh, I like your plans. Front yards are hard, especially until you can see the space... mine is a pile of rubble right now.

I like the mailbox where you have it. But either side is good.

Plus its hard to find good pics for ideas... interiors are easier!
Thanks Dawn. The front yard is the bane of my existence right now. More so because of the choice of plants is very limited. Dunno whether to go with a modern classic semi-formal mediteranean style with hedges which would be in keeping with the style of rhe house or just go with boring lawn any ornamental grasses in the garden beds. Decisions. Decisions.

I have also started packing. Majority of books & craft stuff now packed. Crystalware & other crockery that i won't be needing any time soon all packed too.

View thread:
Well done on starting to pack

Plants are hard. I think I've picked mine, but things might change. I've seen some nice yards in a nearby estate, feeling inspired by them. Try wandering around some nurseries, some even offer design help.
It'd be a whole lot easier if i could just go to a nursery & pick the plants that i really want. Unfortunately, the front landscaping is being sone by the developer's landscapera and they have a very limited choice of plants. Basically, i can have a choice of ornamental grasses (dianella, kangaroo paws), grevilleas & bottlebrushes. They have lillypilly or cordyline as a feature plant.

View thread:
Oh bummer. My developer gave me a list, but I'm just going to do my own thing anyways (since that's what all my neighbors have done), bit harder if they are doing the planting though

None of those are horrible plants, just not much fun..
There's a house in my estate that has done a nice looking garden with those type of plants, so it can be done.
Yay new year new home!!

I'm so excited for you that you've started packing, I've been doing clean outs, throwing pointless stuff so packing in a few months will be easy for us.

Those plants aren't too bad, kangaroo paw is nice.

At least someone is doing it for you

I'm glad I live in the country I don't need to landscape really, no one will be able see our house from the street

viewtopic.php?t=83643
1st Practical Completion Inspection booked for Thursday 19th Jan. Yay!

Let's hope i don't get stood up to attend a level 3 bushfire between now & then

View thread:
Ooh!! Exciting stuff.

Good luck!!
Yay!! So excited for you lovely!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Thanks dawn & CB! I'm getting so excited for it

View thread:
So you should be!!! This is it.. your nearly in
D!!!
OMG YAY! That's so soon! Fingers crossed x

Modified Dream Verona - Dreamstart
10m Frontage Block - Dreamstart Build - Calleya Estate
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85632
Yup sure is 😆

Gotta go get me a box of sticker dots.

I've asked my dad to come along with me - a second pair of eyes to pick up on anything that i miss & it gives him the opportunity to see & walk through the house for the first time.

I'd better get off my a* & organise the crossover to be paved too. Should really have asked the clo the other day if i can get it done between now & handover. Previously when i built, the builder got stroppy with us for getting the crossover done before handover ?.

View thread:
Related
30/06/2023
The 'Do's' to Doing it Yourself

Renovation + Home Improvement

The DIY project can be broken into two major steps. Planning and Design and Construction. Both of these steps are as important as one another to ensure you give…

30/08/2023
Pest control. What is doing this?

General Discussion

Hi group, have some damage to the door frame and skirting board. It's a side door to the laundry area. Only has a security door. I had a termite inspection (note drill…

7/02/2024
Anyone using Bellriver bulder and doing the turnkey projects

Building A New House

Anyone using Bellriver bulder and doing the turnkey projects

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum