Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Firstyle Home - Braeside 42sq

Page 3 of 5
Has anyone upgraded the size of their vanities or added shaving cabinets? I have seen people changing doors and colours but no upgrades of size. I have a large family and would like more storage in our Braeside bathrooms.

wazzabrown4
Has anyone upgraded the size of their vanities or added shaving cabinets? I have seen people changing doors and colours but no upgrades of size. I have a large family and would like more storage in our Braeside bathrooms.

Unfortunately we couldn't change the style of our vanity.. as we've got semi recessed vanities.. i did change the vanity size from 750 to 900 in my guest ensuit... with your house i think you can get the ones displayed at the display homes..not sure if you can do custom made with FS... do check the vanities at the oran park display village..they haves used different style in the new double story home..

Hay everyone...I was inspecting my frames last Sunday and found few of them having holes/cuts like in the photo below. It it normal??
Hi Everyone,

I have just been quoted $1320 for the installation of 6 speaker cables for my Home theater.
Do you find it fair??
Bhoot
Hi Everyone,

I have just been quoted $1320 for the installation of 6 speaker cables for my Home theater.
Do you find it fair??

We're charged $180 for a pair of speaker cables, so yours does seems a little excessive.

Not always fair but since we're not able to do it after handover, so we have to..
This thread is great. We are currently signing a contract with Firstyle. Is there anything in particular we should look out for?
new2build Just make sure you take your time with your appointments and ask as many questions as you want/need.

Also, just be firm in your communication with Firstyle, they have a tendency to overlook you once the process is underway.
Thanks Jordann...I think I'll go with the builder as installing the cabling later is an headache due to lack of access in the ceiling..

new2build...Like ravsingh21 said...get everything in writing from the sales guy....include all the upgrades now.. as you can delete them later...
Thanks everyone. Does anyone mind sharing their upgrades for their kitchen selections and clipsal prices to give us an idea of what to expect?
See below. Prices are as of Sep 2016

LED DL = $160
LED DL Provision (Batten) = $60
Double Socket = $46
External Light Point = $100
Heat fan w/two lamps ducted = $507
Heat fan w/two lamps = $333
Clipsal Saturn 1 sw= $76
Clipsal Saturn 2 sw= $88
Clipsal Saturn 3 sw= $109
Clipsal Saturn 4 sw= $154
Clipsal Saturn 5 sw= $170
Clipsal Saturn 2sw Socket = $129 (you get $46 refund for changing the sockets which are supplied by the builder. Any additional will cost you 129)
Thanks that's a huge help.did you get any kitchen upgrades?mind me asking if so what they were and how much.were thinking 40 or 60mm Caesar stone from the supernatural range and glass splash back.those sorts of things? Can anyone help give us an idea what to expect?
Finally the builder has started to clean the upper level bricks..I am happy with the color of the bricks as I have seen ppl on this forum having issues with the color variation of the Orpheus bricks. My bricks turn out to be darker...close to what I saw at the Austral brick yard...My only concern is the Anticon Blanket..I was under the impression that the blanket would be an additional layer of insulation..but according to builder it is just a membrane on the back side of the sarking....

Not sure if this is acceptable...though it would be hidden behind the alfresco roof...

We looked at the Orpheus. They looked like a nice brick at the centre. Do yours appear brown in real life or do they just photograph brown and are the dark colour like at the display place?
It may sound funny...but yap in the photos they do appear brown..but in reality they are more like dark grey...with a touch of brown... I do want them to the brown shade as my feature render is chocolate brown..
Yeah its crazy how differently they photograph. They look really good.
Bhoot
Finally the builder has started to clean the upper level bricks..I am happy with the color of the bricks as I have seen ppl on this forum having issues with the color variation of the Orpheus bricks. My bricks turn out to be darker...close to what I saw at the Austral brick yard...My only concern is the Anticon Blanket..I was under the impression that the blanket would be an additional layer of insulation..but according to builder it is just a membrane on the back side of the sarking....

Not sure if this is acceptable...though it would be hidden behind the alfresco roof...

Looks nice Bhoot...
Is anyone able to give us an idea of prices of their kitchen and bathroom upgrades?We are working out what we can afford for our tender.thank you!!
Thanks BnR...still a long way to go...

new2build...just include all the upgrades you can think of into the tender or at color studio...get the pricing and later you can delete what you don't want...don't go with selective items at this stage...

Some basic prices are as following:
Following are my Electrical Plans...

Looks great, your build and progressed far since construction began in March, looks like you might be at lock up before the end of August.

We are awaiting for the land to register and hopefully the build process from start to finish on the Branson 32 we have selected is under 12 months. We have tried to minimise customisation but the electricals is one area we will probably spend more on. Bhoot did you add allot on from the basis electrical plan provided by Firstyle?
Related
24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum