Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Charlibear's Build -Finally in!

Page 3 of 230
We loved them, but at 5k we lost another nice part of the house. So for now we built the wall up leaving it open from 900mm upwards to install beams in the future.

Hi charlibear
So glad you started your thread. Looking forward to following you.
Love your plan it's very different. Huge alfresco and such lovely views.
Your colour selection looks amazing. Good luck for your admin.

Robina
Hi charlibear
So glad you started your thread. Looking forward to following you.
Love your plan it's very different. Huge alfresco and such lovely views.
Your colour selection looks amazing. Good luck for your admin.

Hey Robina,

I thought it was about time I made my own lol. Our plan is a normal house plan, we've swapped the laundry with front door and then swapped around the study with the laundry, so the front door should be where the study is, but we would have been looking at the side of our neighbours house so we changed it all around so it's virtually unrecognisable.

Your house is coming a swimmingly
H Charlibear, I just checked out your thread. Your view is so beautiful and that alfresco...wow!
I can see from your niche tile that you like a little touch of bling too
Looking forward to seeing your build come to life, your colours are great!

viewtopic.php?t=81336 Building with MainVue - Modified Ivory 436...our journey
Saint Girl
H Charlibear, I just checked out your thread. Your view is so beautiful and that alfresco...wow!
I can see from your niche tile that you like a little touch of bling too
Looking forward to seeing your build come to life, your colours are great!

viewtopic.php?t=81336 Building with MainVue - Modified Ivory 436...our journey

Thanks Saint!

The ensuite and niche are what I'm most excited for.

Now that I've seen you feature strip I am dying to see my feature tile in the niche come to life
Your property looks so beautiful and relaxing. Its the type DH and I would go for when all the kids are gone and we can move out of town.
Thanks Shell, surprisingly it was one of the last to sell as it was one of the more expensive blocks in the estate but in saying that it was $100k less than a half acre block we wanted to put an offer on at Dunoon so this block won.

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Yay you started a thread!!
Woww thats a massive house. Loving the colour choices. Those bathroom tiles look amazing

yucky_worm01
Yay you started a thread!!
Woww thats a massive house. Loving the colour choices. Those bathroom tiles look amazing

I thought it was about to start my own instead of lurking and hijacking everyone else's build.

Massive house for just us 3 but it should have good resale if we ever decide to sell which mainly the reason we are building it this size.

I am most excited for the bathrooms to come to life haha, the niche tile has a hold on me.

Do you have drafted plans yet? Love to see them
None yet ive been flat out with work. So were hoping to see our cso on sunday and get it all started.

That's awesome your CSO is going to meet you in a Sunday!

When do you settle?

viewtopic.php?t=83643
I have received pricing for the timber screen I absolutely adore, it's $2100 which isn't too bad, I was expecting $5000 or more so it's in the budget! Yay!

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Yay! Now I can watch your build. That block is AMAZING and yiur house is going to be beautiful.

charlibear
I have received pricing for the timber screen I absolutely adore, it's $2100 which isn't too bad, I was expecting $5000 or more so it's in the budget! Yay!

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thats a great price! Looking forward to seeing this wall batten!

Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
I am super excited for this wall now

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Wow thats a great price. Might get one priced up by a seperate builder myself hehe...
I seriously did a happy dance at work when I received the price. I just wish we could start building now lol, just need to wait... If I'm learning anything it's patience lol

viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
I seriously did a happy dance at work when I received the price. I just wish we could start building now lol, just need to wait... If I'm learning anything it's patience lol

viewtopic.php?t=83643
how come you have to wait so long to start building?! I could not stand waiting so long!

Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
Posting to follow... Loving your selections and location!!!
Our building contract won't be ready until the end of this month and our mortgage broker also a family friend is going to Europe for a few months so we are mainly just waiting for him to return, gives me more time to save I guess

Thanks Ryalls, the location of our block is so amazing and the air is so fresh

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum