Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Charlibear's Build -Finally in!

Page 195 of 230
trimum
Your builder has certainly made some time up I really hope you're on schedule for completion later this month! We are still at a snail pace end of week 30 and still not got all the externals complete and nowhere near pre linings stage. I'm so over this!

Our Acacia build - http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86619

You must be feeling soooo frustrated!! This building journey has taken so much energy from me I couldn't deal with 30 weeks with the outside still incomplete

I hope things pick up for you, where can we riot to start the process for you
ruraldoc
Loving the progress! I'm so pleased for you and your hubs, charlibear!! We got our fourth payment request as well just recently. Last payment (PCI) is due next!!

Hope your handover plans work out!

Thanks rural, wow your almost at PCI that's so great, especially with the new bubba, I bet you can't wait to get settled
charlibear
Corallake
Yeah they don't hesitate to forward the invoices...

I find GJ to be slow on their invoicing... we've be locked up now for 3 weeks and only just got our invoice yesterday
how do they stay in business?

I've got to say I was surprised that you were only just getting it now! How bizarre!

We still haven't paid ours and no one has asked us to pay it since we said our piece about them sending it without the roof complete. We also haven't received the fixing invoice which I'm surprised they didn't claim last week when the chippy finished inside. The only thing I can see that they might be waiting on is the plasterer to finish above the bulk heads in the kitchen and laundry, but I'm surprised they would let that stop them. Now they have finished the roof we're hoping they will send the fixing invoice through and we can pay the 2 together and save $95 on the draw down fee. On top of the few hundred we've saved in interest by not paying the lock up it's quite a win!
bank
charlibear
Corallake
Yeah they don't hesitate to forward the invoices...

I find GJ to be slow on their invoicing... we've be locked up now for 3 weeks and only just got our invoice yesterday

I've got to say I was surprised that you were only just getting it now! How bizarre!

We still haven't paid ours and no one has asked us to pay it since we said our piece about them sending it without the roof complete. We also haven't received the fixing invoice which I'm surprised they didn't claim last week when the chippy finished inside. The only thing I can see that they might be waiting on is the plasterer to finish above the bulk heads in the kitchen and laundry, but I'm surprised they would let that stop them. Now they have finished the roof we're hoping they will send the fixing invoice through and we can pay the 2 together and save $95 on the draw down fee. On top of the few hundred we've saved in interest by not paying the lock up it's quite a win!

That is some real positive thinking totally! Hope you can save that 95$ and spend it on a nice dinner date or something! Unless the bank gets cheeky and still charge you for two simultaneous drawdowns.
And absolutely.. interest fee savings is always nice.. it's an intangible savings but you definitely notice it when it goes up. I am not liking our increasing payments as we work through the progress payments. 😂
charlibear
ruraldoc
Loving the progress! I'm so pleased for you and your hubs, charlibear!! We got our fourth payment request as well just recently. Last payment (PCI) is due next!!

Hope your handover plans work out!

Thanks rural, wow your almost at PCI that's so great, especially with the new bubba, I bet you can't wait to get settled

It's getting really close for us for sure. She really hates the cold when trying to sleep.. we struggle to keep the room warm with the poor sealing in our rental. It's got a nice decorative hole over the door. Haha.

Spoke to SS... handover won't be until 8/9 at the earliest

He did send through some photos though

Pffttt on later then expected handover but your tiles
looking sexy!!

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
ruraldoc
bank
charlibear

That is some real positive thinking totally! Hope you can save that 95$ and spend it on a nice dinner date or something! Unless the bank gets cheeky and still charge you for two simultaneous drawdowns.
And absolutely.. interest fee savings is always nice.. it's an intangible savings but you definitely notice it when it goes up. I am not liking our increasing payments as we work through the progress payments. 😂

That crossed my mind, they did only charge us for one when we paid the first two together but maybe they don't charge for the first one? Who knows with banks, they seem to make it up as they go as much as builders.
Aahhh

Building with Perry Homes - Were in!!
viewtopic.php?t=84756
charlibear
Spoke to SS... handover won't be until 8/9 at the earliest

He did send through some photos though

Tiles look amazing!
Love the dark!

Bugger about the delay
That's disappointing about the 'possible' handover date.. so I guess one (two?) week over contract? Not likely to get a penalty payout which could even be more painful.. coz they will make up some kind of acceptable delay clauses.

In other news, those tiles are fab! Closer to the end of a saga too! Tentative countdown..
To say I am annoyed and disappointed about handover being pushed back to 8/9 is an understatement

But on another note I love my tiles... I do wish that maybe I went a different colour on the floor like a light oak wood look tile but oh well they still look nice

After telling me that floor tiles started this I've now been told they wont go down for a while - not until painter comes and then the tiler will come back... This building journey is making me dizzy!!
charlibear
This building journey is making me dizzy!!

Haha I know the feeling! One minute you feel like you've been kicked in the guts the next you're on a high from seeing something new!

Sucks you have to wait to see the floor tiles down

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
I know that feeling well. ;-;

Shame about the date being pushed back, but at least its still sort of soon.. and better they do it right.
Sucks about the later date Charli, but at least they are being realistic after you've told them about how difficult it is for you to book leave. So hopefully that means they are pretty positive they can meet it.

Tiles are looking great too! Good choice on sticking with the same batch and standard lay. Better to be on the safe side and still looks great

Our 37sq Custom Hamptons Inspired Home:
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86931
Sorry your handover date is later than expected! Your tiles look gorgeous

So many of my notifications have dropped off. Love the bathroom colours! Especially with the dark tiles. It all goes really well together
The tiles look incredible!
Drooling over your tiles

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406[/quote]

Loving your colours holy smokes they have pulled a finger out lately haven't they.

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum