Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Charlibear's Build -Finally in!

Page 194 of 230
Tiles good good. Love the laundry splash back. Very trendy indeed.

We picked brick lay for the floors in the same colour as yours and standard lay for the walls.

So keen to see how yours turn out.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Looks fab

Jumping up and down with excitement for you. You have some gorgeous tiles there, your home is going to be stunning not long now

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 31 weeks and WE ARE IN
Very nice tile choices there Charli! Can't wait to see the finished product ☺

Love your tiles, and I think they look great standard lay

I'm just as excited to see the finish line as I am about picking up puppy!!! Do the Brickbond please, they're so gorgeous those tiles!

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406[/quote]

No don't forget Brickbond if it's go name be white grout!

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406[/quote]

I spoke to our supervisor yesterday about the brickbond lay he said that not enough tiles were order for brick bond lay and they need to order more which was fine but they would come from a different batch and there could potentially be a colour variation so that made up our minds for us and we are sticking with standard lay.

Also our SS is getting back to me with a definite handover date because I told him I am putting in leave at work for the house and once it is in I cannot change it as my apts with my clients book out a month in advance... He said he would need a few days to see what's happening with the trades and will let me know... I told him that he needs to let me know by lunch time Thursday because that's the latest I can submit my leave. I told I wouldn't be happy if I submitted my leave for the date they have said all this time to go over and I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs and this will reflect in my review I do... So he said he will get back to me hehe.
How exciting. Strange he is doing floor before painter - that is going to slow the painter as he won't be able to spray the skirting boards - and ceiling will be hard to spray as you don't want to get paint on the tiles. We had walls and bathroom done first as it's easy to cover then paint then main floor tiles. I know when they sprayed my skirting it left a spray of paint on the floor.

I love the tiles - it's going to look great. You can walk on the tiles overnight basically - done heaps of tiling ourselves in our old house.

shellby
How exciting. Strange he is doing floor before painter - that is going to slow the painter as he won't be able to spray the skirting boards - and ceiling will be hard to spray as you don't want to get paint on the tiles. We had walls and bathroom done first as it's easy to cover then paint then main floor tiles. I know when they sprayed my skirting it left a spray of paint on the floor.

I love the tiles - it's going to look great. You can walk on the tiles overnight basically - done heaps of tiling ourselves in our old house.

I thought it was odd that they did tiles first because he said the painter will spray everything, my gorgeous tiles better not be marked or I wont be happy!!!

SS is going to send me photos of the tiles tomorrow when he is there- cant wait to see them

Hopefully we can get in over the weekend to see them
Our tiles were done before painting on both our builds. They cover everything well.

Received our lock up invoice today ouch
Woohoo for lockup!! But yuh, hurts!!
How long till your suppose to get keys? You might only be a week behind me.. cause I think you said August.
aloenyx
Woohoo for lockup!! But yuh, hurts!!
How long till your suppose to get keys? You might only be a week behind me.. cause I think you said August.

Man I thought the last invoice was bad, this one is like $20k more

I will know tomorrow, handover date... I'm hoping it's the day they've been saying all along which is 25th Aug... but with how much is left I just can't see it happening ☹️ so maybe first week of Sept

I can't believe how ridiculous your builder has been, 11 months to build your home
Yeah they don't hesitate to forward the invoices...
;-; Just working out penalties now to send to the builder... my build will be 320 days!!!

I must say I'm impressed how quick your build has progressed recently, so hopefully there's hope for your August date.

How many days is your build up to?
Your builder has certainly made some time up I really hope you're on schedule for completion later this month! We are still at a snail pace end of week 30 and still not got all the externals complete and nowhere near pre linings stage. I'm so over this!

Our Acacia build - http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86619
Loving the progress! I'm so pleased for you and your hubs, charlibear!! We got our fourth payment request as well just recently. Last payment (PCI) is due next!!

Hope your handover plans work out!
aloenyx
;-; Just working out penalties now to send to the builder... my build will be 320 days!!!

I must say I'm impressed how quick your build has progressed recently, so hopefully there's hope for your August date.

How many days is your build up to?

We are at 194 days... your build has been going a crazy 4 months longer than ours

Yes I'm impressed too, imagine if they worked at this pace along along
Corallake
Yeah they don't hesitate to forward the invoices...

I find GJ to be slow on their invoicing... we've be locked up now for 3 weeks and only just got our invoice yesterday
how do they stay in business?
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum