Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Charlibear's Build -Finally in!

Page 154 of 230
charlibear
MrsJM
Don't worry bout windows- one of ours shattered while being installed- they will just reglaze once in

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581

Thanks Mrs, hopefully GJ accept this is their mistake but I feel a fight on my hands

Also random question where did your beautiful lounge cushions from? I lurveeeee them!!!!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643

Aww thanks!!

The animal fur is sheridan, there are two from country road(on the left) , and two from adairs

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Looking good
charlibear. That's annoying about your windows. We have obscured windows in bathroom and ensuite this build. If I had the views to look at that you do I would definitely want clear windows too! Hopefully they fix them for you ASAP.
Charlibear sorry to read that your in-laws are being so judgemental. Guess who's going to be jealous when you move in to your gorgeous new home???? Great to see that things are finally progressing. When they pull their sh!t together things can move quite quickly. I hope they keep going but don't loose faith and stay positive...it will be worth it!
Asked at Harvey Norman in Coffs about your Frankie lounge. They said they are out of stock until June/July as they were so popular. The lady said its so comfortable! I will be keeping my eye out for it

NicMac03
Asked at Harvey Norman in Coffs about your Frankie lounge. They said they are out of stock until June/July as they were so popular. The lady said its so comfortable! I will be keeping my eye out for it

Ahh damn, it's sooo comfy!!! Comes in three colours too, a charcoal which we got, a golden brown colour which I don't mind and a light grey almost silver colour. Around the end of June with stocktake sales for $1999.

This is the golden brown colour

charlibear
NicMac03

Ahh damn, it's sooo comfy!!! Comes in three colours too, a charcoal which we got, a golden brown colour which I don't mind and a light grey almost silver colour. Around the end of June with stocktake sales for $1999.

Nice
The end of June might be a good time to go shopping!

NicMac03
charlibear
NicMac03

Nice

I'm half considering changing to that colour instead of the charcoal colour lol ahh man I'm so indecisive

charlibear
NicMac03
charlibear
[quote="NicMac03"]Asked at Harvey Norman in Coffs about your Frankie lounge. They said they are out of stock until June/July as they were so popular. The lady said its so comfortable! I will be keeping my eye out for it

Nice

I'm half considering changing to that colour instead of the charcoal colour lol ahh man I'm so indecisive

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643[/quote]
Its tricky isnt it. We have charcoal carpet so im not sure if a dark lounge will be too dark but im drawn to the dark ones and i know that with kids light lounges get filthy!

NicMac03
charlibear
NicMac03
[quote="charlibear"][quote="NicMac03"]Asked at Harvey Norman in Coffs about your Frankie lounge. They said they are out of stock until June/July as they were so popular. The lady said its so comfortable! I will be keeping my eye out for it

Nice

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643[/quote]
Its tricky isnt it. We have charcoal carpet so im not sure if a dark lounge will be too dark but im drawn to the dark ones and i know that with kids light lounges get filthy!

[/quote]
That's why I went with the dark, hubby and miss 5 are grubs lol... I thought the one in the pic was the middle colours but hubby informs it's the light silver lol

That's one snazzy lounge suite CB
. I like the softer colour personally. What colour is your carpet it shall sit on?? (Don't be fooled by a dark colour hiding the marks either, my 2 year old used my couch as a nappy wipe for her chocolate fingers and needless to say it was revolting) did wipe off easy though.

So stoked to see progress at yours, tell your grumpy toad inlaws to go eat
. There are more important things in life than whining about others.

Tribe, my indecisiveness is getting the better of me lol... I think I'm liking the lighter colour also.. our lounge will be on light grey tiles

Help lol. My sister seems to think that darker colour will look better but I don't know hey...

Talk about first world problems 🤦🏼‍♀️
I like the dark one... but I am a bit of a goth girl! Lol

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
It depends on the look and feel you would like ??? With your flooring being a marble looking Carrara and a white kitchen, a very dark lounge is going to create a monochrome style. It might be a little aesthetically cool ( ours was big time with our washed out flooring and dark couches) but prints and throws plus cushions bring warmth, pictures as in family photos, add lots of them, we had none as it was our leg up house and it felt very impersonal.

Some ideas for you

if you wanted a really monochrome look the dark sofa suits this perfectly.

Or

Nordic, dark furnishings with natural products to bring the texture and warmth. Like jute rugs, leather poof seat things. (Sorry can't remember the name of them)

Or
industrial for that hard edge look.

of elegant if you wanted that refined polished look??

Maybe your after Scandi?? A lighter sofa would achieve the look a little easier and add a bit of warmth to the home too, like these ones.

These are fun, warm and inviting.

I personally love the bohemian look myself.

Ohhh see how cold our house looked empty,

But by adding a dark sofa and bright cushions, prints and nik naks it made it feel completely different.

At the end of the day it has to be what you love, mix styles no one is going to judge you. If you love the dark lounge get it, you want to mix it with fur from scandi and a leather stool thing from Nordic do that too. I'm really loving the jungalow and bohemian styles, plus I'll mix it with a traditional style buffet hutch and what ever else I dig out of our storage shed. I've learnt to relax and pick what ever I like, doesn't matter if it's not quite on mark with the theme. Gives the house character and life

Sorry that's my ramble, I do love interiors and colours and can look at them all day. Take my info with a grain of salt, do what makes you happy. Oh and kick your slow builders in the arse I'm dying to see your house finished

Tribe7
It depends on the look and feel you would like ??? With your flooring being a marble looking Carrara and a white kitchen, a very dark lounge is going to create a monochrome style. It might be a little aesthetically cool ( ours was big time with our washed out flooring and dark couches) but prints and throws plus cushions bring warmth, pictures as in family photos, add lots of them, we had none as it was our leg up house and it felt very impersonal.

Some ideas for you

Or

Nordic, dark furnishings with natural products to bring the texture and warmth. Like jute rugs, leather poof seat things. (Sorry can't remember the name of them)

Or

Maybe your after Scandi?? A lighter sofa would achieve the look a little easier and add a bit of warmth to the home too, like these ones.

But by adding a dark sofa and bright cushions, prints and nik naks it made it feel completely different.

At the end of the day it has to be what you love, mix styles no one is going to judge you. If you love the dark lounge get it, you want to mix it with fur from scandi and a leather stool thing from Nordic do that too. I'm really loving the jungalow and bohemian styles, plus I'll mix it with a traditional style buffet hutch and what ever else I dig out of our storage shed. I've learnt to relax and pick what ever I like, doesn't matter if it's not quite on mark with the theme. Gives the house character and life

Sorry that's my ramble, I do love interiors and colours and can look at them all day. Take my info with a grain of salt, do what makes you happy. Oh and kick your slow builders in the arse I'm dying to see your house finished

i thought I was the only one that was slightly obsessive with interiors
my family is brainwashed also. I reckon you hit the nail on the head if you see something and get that feeling it will all work out. Weather other people would have used it or like I don't think that matters it's your spin and taste that work to be a reflection of your favs that speak to your senses. I think you should look into interior styling or I was thinking the other day wouldn't it be great If there was such a thing as a independent wedding planner but for houses, someone to take you through all displays show you the pros and cons of each builder get the best deals look over contracts with a fine tooth comb, take On all the crazy stress then hold your hand through colour selections right down to interior fitout.
Oh Charlibear, I feel for you! I'm daily thankful that my in laws are on the otherwside of the world. I like them, but...

I'm glad that you're looking to interiors now, and it's so much closer for you! Yay exciting!
Tribe7

Some ideas for you

Or

Or

Tribe, you are such a wealth of valuable information!!!

I love all of the photos you posted!! I think I need to go and look at our dining chairs again, I remember them as a charcoal but from the Nick Scali website they look more of dark grey than charcoal and if that's the case I think I will change the lounge so it doesn't look so harsh lol.

We have the Beth chair, I don't have any photos of it from the showroom
man I don't have a creative bone in my body... I find furniture shopping harder than waiting for the actual house to be done lol

MoniqueElizabeth
Shame about the windows but they will fix them.
I've gone for clear glass too. I do have neighbours but I just don't like the look of obscured glass.

We wanted clear glass too for our bath window (no sill) but certifier required them to be obscured because we have neighbours. I wonder now if that's true?

Calvin

Milestone
Tribe7

Some ideas for you

Or

Or

i thought I was the only one that was slightly obsessive with interiors
my family is brainwashed also. I reckon you hit the nail on the head if you see something and get that feeling it will all work out. Weather other people would have used it or like I don't think that matters it's your spin and taste that work to be a reflection of your favs that speak to your senses. I think you should look into interior styling or I was thinking the other day wouldn't it be great If there was such a thing as a independent wedding planner but for houses, someone to take you through all displays show you the pros and cons of each builder get the best deals look over contracts with a fine tooth comb, take On all the crazy stress then hold your hand through colour selections right down to interior fitout.

I don't get that feeling at all about anything haha!!! I just have an indecisive nature. I bought and returned 7 dresses for my bridesmaids when hubby and I got married
if that gives you any insight about how indecisive I can be... poor hubby

JayaJaya
Oh Charlibear, I feel for you! I'm daily thankful that my in laws are on the otherwside of the world. I like them, but...

I'm glad that you're looking to interiors now, and it's so much closer for you! Yay exciting!

Jaya, you lucky duck!! I wish my in laws were on the other side of the world

I find interiors really stressful, I am just freakin out

CalvinHobbes
MoniqueElizabeth
Shame about the windows but they will fix them.
I've gone for clear glass too. I do have neighbours but I just don't like the look of obscured glass.

We wanted clear glass too for our bath window (no sill) but certifier required them to be obscured because we have neighbours. I wonder now if that's true?

Calvin

That could be our case, I hope not cause we went informed about it. Our facade of going to look really odd if we have to have obscured glass

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum