So excite!!!!!

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
charlibear
It's not much buuuutttt progress photos

Grass is growing back

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643

I'm chuffed that they have suddenly sprung into action! Here's hoping the frames go up without a hitch!

Incidentally, we got a similar phone call yesterday saying... "sorry for the late notice but thought you might know that the diggers are gonna rush to finish the fill on your block before the rain comes.. "

Also, that neighbour's house looks like the external colours our house is gonna be!
Yay for progress! Such a beautiful block!

Follow my build - Newlyweds First Home - Hallmark Homes Coomera QLD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Love the driveway - at least you don't have to do it later - will make moving in much easier.

I'm sorry about the rain. I doubt they will be there today as I'm betting they will be worried about flooding and being cut off to get home as Summerland way and hwy were cut 2 weeks ago.

I have been watching their build behind near my house and until Christmas it was flying - now it's snail pace, and I haven't seen the SS we had at the end who was really good since they started back up again after Christmas so I'm guessing he walked after how they work and he was soooooo good and fast - explains why it's back to snail pace.

I seriously have chills thinking about how amazing your home is going to be, that huge shed, rain water, the big block. You are building my ideal dream setting (I say setting and not 'home' because I would never want your builder after seeing what you are goo through! although your house will be stunning when built, I just don't want that hassle
) seriously can't wait to stalk your photos and admire when your done

M A R C O O L A 3 2 - Coral homes
Oh my! Beyond excited to see some sort of progress for you!!!

I have read your whole thread and cry a little inside for you with each update! How frustrating for you! I hope your get a nice surprise today with frames regardless of rain. Like you said they can wear bloody raincoats!!!!! I truly hope the final house is beyond your dreams & worth the wait x

Magavin
I have read your whole thread and cry a little inside for you with each update! How frustrating for you! I hope your get a nice surprise today with frames regardless of rain. Like you said they can wear bloody raincoats!!!!! I truly hope the final house is beyond your dreams & worth the wait x

Oh my god, you need a medal for reading my entire thread because it is ridiculously long lol. Well done to you!!

Thank you for your kind words, I hope GJ create a master piece for us and I hope our home turns out as good as we envision ??

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Skyepie
I seriously have chills thinking about how amazing your home is going to be, that huge shed, rain water, the big block. You are building my ideal dream setting (I say setting and not 'home' because I would never want your builder after seeing what you are goo through! although your house will be stunning when built, I just don't want that hassle
) seriously can't wait to stalk your photos and admire when your done

M A R C O O L A 3 2 - Coral homes

Thanks Skye, I totally get what you mean!! With how sh!t GJ have been sometimes I doubt this is my dream home anymore
can't wait to be at the stage you are, finally enjoying our new home

viewtopic.php?t=83643
shellby
Love the driveway - at least you don't have to do it later - will make moving in much easier.

I'm sorry about the rain. I doubt they will be there today as I'm betting they will be worried about flooding and being cut off to get home as Summerland way and hwy were cut 2 weeks ago.

I have been watching their build behind near my house and until Christmas it was flying - now it's snail pace, and I haven't seen the SS we had at the end who was really good since they started back up again after Christmas so I'm guessing he walked after how they work and he was soooooo good and fast - explains why it's back to snail pace.

I got our Call Report today and no carpenters could work today due to the rain, but I I don't blame them, we got like 250mm of rain in 12hours. Lismore is being evacuated... I swear I must have killed a chinaman in my past life to encounter such bad luck

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Poor Charli!!! You guys are getting a lot of rain up there, its all over the news. Its cold here, but no rain.

Hopefully frames soon.. and then your house flies up. *hug*
I hope you buy lotto as you def deserve to win big!!! Debbie should've blown out to sea by the weekend

I really feel for you CB, you have been battling for months now! I hope this rain passes and full steam ahead.

I really hope that your build goes smooth and no hiccups occur. God, im so glad that our build is over. Chasing builder to fix things still.

Couldnt believe one of the kitchen pot drawers doesn't close because the power point for stove top is in the way.

I only realised this after handover when the stove top wouldn't spark, plugged in the power and boom, drawer doesn't shut all the way.

I am so tempted to give them WORST review, I really think they need a few stars knocked off...

Don't get us wrong, the house is beautiful, but the franchise/subbies are useless.
Hope you are safe out at Lismore!!
ads87
I really feel for you CB, you have been battling for months now! I hope this rain passes and full steam ahead.

I really hope that your build goes smooth and no hiccups occur. God, im so glad that our build is over. Chasing builder to fix things still.

Couldnt believe one of the kitchen pot drawers doesn't close because the power point for stove top is in the way.

I only realised this after handover when the stove top wouldn't spark, plugged in the power and boom, drawer doesn't shut all the way.

I am so tempted to give them WORST review, I really think they need a few stars knocked off...

Don't get us wrong, the house is beautiful, but the franchise/subbies are useless.

I hope your issues get resolved soon!! At this stage we will be giving them a very poor review... maybe if the rest of the build goes smoothly I'll give them 3 but nothing more than that...
meant believe the ignorance of some tradies to put stuff in stupid places that's common sense

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
We are safe but Lismore is in pretty bad shape, we are flooded in.

I'm hoping the driveway held its own in the rain... hoping that once the rain leaves and the water resides we can start our build with no more interruptions

charlibear
We are safe but Lismore is in pretty bad shape, we are flooded in.

I'm hoping the driveway held its own in the rain... hoping that once the rain leaves and the water resides we can start our build with no more interruptions

Where abouts are you? Were flooded too

Were just near the netball courts, Clarice Street East Lismore

charlibear
Were just near the netball courts, Clarice Street East Lismore

Oh true! Were in fowler! You guys ok there?

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum