Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Charlibear's Build -Finally in!

Page 122 of 230
Yay!!!

I hope it doesn't rain or hold you up. Make sure they know there is no power onsite if you power isn't connected yet, otherwise they won't bring their generator and will leave to come back the next day with one. They ended up using our neighbours build with power with an extension lead so they could start and brought a generator the next day to keep going.

Renman
charlibear
We are having our driveway done on Tuesday, so I've demanded trades to be on site on Wednesday even if it's raining they can put on a damn rain coat and work in the rain!

Also stopped at a GJ display at Casuarina today oh my word it was the ugliest display I have ever seen!!! And it stunk, I can't even describe the smell, maybe like unclean toilets
?
The walls were a horrible green and the way it was furnished just made weird almost like it was underdone. If I walked through that display when I was ready to sign with a builder I definitely would have signed up with them!! Also when we were leaving and I told the sales lady we were building with GJ Grafton she was like oh yeah nice they are really great people, didn't I give her a piece of my mind, hubby had to drag me out - took everything within me to not kicking the sign on my way out.

Anywho here's hoping we have frames up in week 10

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643

Sorry to hear about all of your issues.

What was the reason for you to pick HJ Gardner instead of Metricon or Porter Davis for example?

We chose GJ because their customer service was exceptional but that changed when we signed on the dotted line

They changed and modified plans until we were happy where as no other builder would do that for us. Every other builder pretty much told us that we were to young to be able to afford to build the house we asked them to customise

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Hallelujah!!! I'm so excited!!! And I just can't hide it!!!

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
If it rains shell, they can put on a rain coat now that the driveway and access to the building site isn't an issue. We should have power I am receiving letters from an energy company to say we are connected with the rates or something.

Omg can Saturday hurry up so we can walk through our house?

viewtopic.php?t=83643
I am so very very sad for you, that 10 weeks after slab you still don't have frames.
But I am very very happy for you that Thursday will be the day!
Can't wait to see your progress pics on the weekend, I expect one of each family member laying "in bed" in their new rooms
charlibear
Renman
charlibear
We are having our driveway done on Tuesday, so I've demanded trades to be on site on Wednesday even if it's raining they can put on a damn rain coat and work in the rain!

Also stopped at a GJ display at Casuarina today oh my word it was the ugliest display I have ever seen!!! And it stunk, I can't even describe the smell, maybe like unclean toilets
?
The walls were a horrible green and the way it was furnished just made weird almost like it was underdone. If I walked through that display when I was ready to sign with a builder I definitely would have signed up with them!! Also when we were leaving and I told the sales lady we were building with GJ Grafton she was like oh yeah nice they are really great people, didn't I give her a piece of my mind, hubby had to drag me out - took everything within me to not kicking the sign on my way out.

viewtopic.php?t=83643

What was the reason for you to pick HJ Gardner instead of Metricon or Porter Davis for example?

We chose GJ because their customer service was exceptional but that changed when we signed on the dotted line

They changed and modified plans until we were happy where as no other builder would do that for us. Every other builder pretty much told us that we were to young to be able to afford to build the house we asked them to customise

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Uuuugh sounds like how I ended up trapped with Coral!!

So glad to hear some more positive news on your progress and looking forward to seeing some photos of your frames!!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
charlibear
Driveway is being done tomorrow. Frames are starting on Thursday finally!!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643
thats fabulous. Finally ... let's hope it's all plain sailing from here.

Hopefully GJ stay true to their word this time. Hopefully I'll have something positive to update later this week

viewtopic.php?t=83643
So pleased for you!!!! Let's hope we are sharing pics of our frames progress by the weekend, our SS says frames will go up thursday too at long last, I'm not too optimistic though as rain is due Thursday in Sydney again

Our Acacia build - viewtopic.php?t=86619
charlibear
Hopefully GJ stay true to their word this time. Hopefully I'll have something positive to update later this week

viewtopic.php?t=83643

I'm just keen to see your site with some gravel sprinkled around!
charlibear
Renman
charlibear

?

viewtopic.php?t=83643

viewtopic.php?t=83643

That's terrible to say that you are too young. Age shouldn't be a factor at all.

Metricon has been pretty accommodating in regards to changes compared to Porter Davis.

We hope things improve for you guys. ?

That's good you have power. I'm still yet to get a bill and have had power for 10 months. I called after we moved in and turned out gj never told them the meter was connected so they would need to do a meter reading and couldn't bill me for before that due to not being informed it started at zero.

So still waiting for them to send a bill or anything really. I found out they can't charge you for further back than 9 months and if they still haven't done a meter reading they need to do it before they bill me from that reading onwards.

I have given up calling them, I'm sure they will bill me eventually for 9 months (or currently 5 months that was when I called again)

charlibear
Driveway is being done tomorrow. Frames are starting on Thursday finally!!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Omg I am so excited for you Hun! You deserve this so much after the crap you have been through ❤
I will be stalking out your thread on Thursday to see your beautiful frames ?
P.s just had a giggle tried to post and it asked me to edit out my swear word ?
So guess who's driveway didn't start today

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Whenever our SS said a particular day we learned to add 1 week generally for it to be started/completed

What BS why do we have to fight for what should happen anyway

Oh CB I've been thinking of you all day wondering how it was going ...

Oh far out!! Ive been stalking all day waiting for some action grrrr

Are you serious? We're back to this again?

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum