Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Waldorf Grange by Porter Davis

Page 37 of 40
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Popped past the house today. It was all locked up but got a few pics.

Congrats on the house.

A couple of questions
- what colour is the weatherboard?
- what glass is used on the windows, some almost look like reflective?
- what timber was used for the alfresco ceiling?

JB1
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Popped past the house today. It was all locked up but got a few pics.

Congrats on the house.

A couple of questions
- what colour is the weatherboard?
- what glass is used on the windows, some almost look like reflective?
- what timber was used for the alfresco ceiling?

The weatherboard is the same as one of the Bayside display homes which is Champignon 1/4 strength. I love it. It wasn't one of the options at World of Style but because they had used it on the display home I could chose it.

I know what you mean about the glass. Especially the upstairs facade windows. I'm not sure if that is because of the double glazing? I didn't ask for a specific glass but i also noticed they seemed a bit reflective.

The alfresco and porch ceiling both have expresswood panels but I'm not sure what type of wood it is.
So Roman Blinds go in today....only to find that one of the window frames is not level

Waldorf_Grange_Build
So Roman Blinds go in today....only to find that one of the window frames is not level

Omg that’s so frustrating!
But must admit not very surprising. Our upstairs door entry architraves are a bit crooked too. 🧐

Thanks for confirming the colour.

I'll check out a sample in person.

Perhaps I'll got 1 shade darker.

Finally got some dining chairs

Very nice!! Can I ask where you got your table from and what size? After something very similar though I have a soft spot for a Parquetry top

Dani_J
Very nice!! Can I ask where you got your table from and what size? After something very similar though I have a soft spot for a Parquetry top

We got it from Provincial Living. It is made out of recycled village doors. It is 220cm. We were originally wanting 240cm which would have fit in this space but the legs on this table won us over and it only came in 220cm.

Waldorf_Grange_Build

That is so *******. My entry wall is a s type. Found out putting skirting boards on. At my 3 month inspection im getting PD to pull it off and start again.

see more About the hoffman – Building the hoffman
https://hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com/about/
brucefil2011
Waldorf_Grange_Build

That is so *******. My entry wall is a s type. Found out putting skirting boards on. At my 3 month inspection im getting PD to pull it off and start again.

see more About the hoffman – Building the hoffman
https://hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com/about/

We got them to redo a number of walls and dado rail which was bowed.
Waldorf_Grange_Build

We got it from Provincial Living. It is made out of recycled village doors. It is 220cm. We were originally wanting 240cm which would have fit in this space but the legs on this table won us over and it only came in 220cm.

Thanks for that. Yeah looking at something 2.4-2.6 long and 1.2 wide for ours. Pedestal legs definitely nice choice.

inphaze
Waldorf_Grange_Build

That is one beautiful house you have there.

Yes I agree, stunning. We have chosen same front doors. Can I ask, have you gone for normal glass in them? How are you fi ding them for privacy?

Ezza78
inphaze
Waldorf_Grange_Build

That is one beautiful house you have there.

Yes I agree, stunning. We have chosen same front doors. Can I ask, have you gone for normal glass in them? How are you fi ding them for privacy?

Yes we went for normal glass. If someone stands at the door they can see the stools to the island bench but not much else.

Got our mirrors installed this week

Your house is beautiful.
Ours is coming along nicely, been a while since i posted pictures.
Handover in 2 weeks. Will upload more pics this week.

Aimen
Ours is coming along nicely, been a while since i posted pictures.
Handover in 2 weeks. Will upload more pics this week.

Looks amazing. How exciting. Handy that you have all your curtains in. We are still waiting for half and been in nearly 3 months now as we ordered them after we moved in.

Yes i wanted the curtains and blinds in before we moved in to save the hassle, we got it done with Birk blinds through Porter Davis world of style.
Will post more pictures soon.
Aimen
Yes i wanted the curtains and blinds in before we moved in to save the hassle, we got it done with Birk blinds through Porter Davis world of style.
Will post more pictures soon.

Yes keep the pics coming
So we have been in the new house for 4.5 months. I've just done a blog about our New Home Care Inspection which happened yesterday https://waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.co ... nspection/

I will be very relieved when all these things are finally actioned and we can enjoy our new home without having tradies coming and going all the time.

I must say after spending a winter in the home, I don't really feel like I've had a winter. There is so much natural light that comes through the Waldorf Grange that winter has just felt like it never really arrived. I could be inside with the heater on and as long as there was some sunshine outside you could be mistaken for thinking it was spring. It definitely inspired me to go for walks in our new neighbourhood with a coat and beanie on, or to be inspired doing things around the house.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum