Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Waldorf Grange by Porter Davis

Page 32 of 40
Looks great, how exciting to nearly be finished. What colour did you end up going for the stain on the staircase?
lilbza
Looks great, how exciting to nearly be finished. What colour did you end up going for the stain on the staircase?

It was their darkest one. Called 'PD Black' but it is actually dark chocolate brown.
Waldorf_Grange_Build
lilbza

It was their darkest one. Called 'PD Black' but it is actually dark chocolate brown.

Awesome, we did the same and have wondered what it will look like, can't wait to see the end result. I think most people go the same as the display, which was more of a walnut brown from memory.
Looks great WGB..Almost there. Whats the door type called in the upper Rumpus room towards terrace ? Was that standard inclusion or you had to pay extra.
World_Of_Waldorf
Looks great WGB..Almost there. Whats the door type called in the upper Rumpus room towards terrace ? Was that standard inclusion or you had to pay extra.

It is a WIN40 instead of a WIN21 and it was $34 to upgrade.
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Aimen
I went out to our yesterday, fixing stage now complete. Painting is booked in start of Feb.
I noticed the kitchen cupboards with damage, i don't know why tradies are so careless, seems like they have no respect for other
peoples homes. The doors and draws are a easy a replacement but some panels are damaged, these panels are the actual base of the cabinetry, these will be a costly exercise to fix. We are still waiting for waterproofing to be completed, they haven't even waterproofed the balcony yet and when it rains heavily we get water at inside doe to the balcony not being waterproofed.

The build has been very slow, very frustrating and hardly any tradies workings on site. Its been 10 months since we started and it looks like a April finish.

This is very frustrating. I am starting to wonder if the Colourtech is a product that is easily damaged. So disappointing as it was one of the most expensive upgrades in our entire build.

Yes thinking the same thing, time will tell.
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Hurrow
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Lots of new pics from this week >> https://waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.co ... -new-pics/

Getting very close to being finished now.

Any word back on the different renders from PD? That's a decent size chip out of the front pillar as well, is there much that can be done about it?

I sent the site supervisor a list of outstanding things and included the two different render colours. He wrote back that he will get the contractors onto the list so I presume they will do it but he hasn't specifically addressed that one point either way. I emailed the pic to him and the building coordinator and she replied she has saved it to our file.

I haven't yet mentioned about the chip in the pillar.

They should of rendered all in one go, my home was rendered all in one go and this was done to avoid this from happening as i was told by me site supervisor.
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Lots of new pics from this week >> https://waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.co ... -new-pics/

Getting very close to being finished now.
Looking great. So lucky to be moving in soon

see more at
hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com
lilbza
Hmmm.. I really don't know then. I think I best check with PD just to be sure. Your colours selection document is a lot better than ours. This is all we got....

Here’s a close up pic of the culprit. Based on this I would have chosen Surfmist.

Waldorf_Grange_Build
lilbza
Hmmm.. I really don't know then. I think I best check with PD just to be sure. Your colours selection document is a lot better than ours. This is all we got....

Here’s a close up pic of the culprit. Based on this I would have chosen Surfmist.

Yeah it's a shame something like this isn't explained properly. It wasn't explained to us either, he just said capping and I said the same as the display house in QLD. Just so happened to be shale grey which is what we chose for our downpipes. It looks to be similar to our house colour too, so should blend in.

Waldorf_Grange_Build
lilbza

You can paint it.
Aimen
Waldorf_Grange_Build
lilbza

You can paint it.

Yes we may consider that after handover. But it is time and money we shouldn’t need to spend.

It still annoys me that they ask some customers what colour they would like and not others.

I was never asked this colour either in this area, if you have a close look you will see that the capping should go over those fancy cornices.

I've blogged about our PCI inspection here >> https://waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.co ... ction-pci/

Looking forward to seeing what Darbecca have to say when they do their final inspection next Wednesday.
Had our Darbecca inspection today. Very keen to read the report when it comes through. Here are some pics from today.

Working out if we can fit a 2.7m dining table

Waldorf_Grange_Build
Had our Darbecca inspection today. Very keen to read the report when it comes through. Here are some pics from today.

Looks good WGB!

Do Darbecca do an inspection of if everything is where it is supposed to be etc for PCI, or are they mostly just checking the structural stuff?
Hurrow
Waldorf_Grange_Build

Looks good WGB!

Do Darbecca do an inspection of if everything is where it is supposed to be etc for PCI, or are they mostly just checking the structural stuff?

It’s mostly structural and whether everything is to the Australian building standards. The worst thing he mentioned today is that our main living/dining floors are uneven and outside the variable allowance. That will take the most work to rectify.

Looks great, on the home stretch now!

I saw on your blog you had a photo where the stain from the handrail had run on to the post on the stair case... you wouldn't happen to have anymore photos of the stair case would you? We also chose PD Black for the stain and just curious to see what it looks like on a large scale.
lilbza

I saw on your blog you had a photo where the stain from the handrail had run on to the post on the stair case... you wouldn't happen to have anymore photos of the stair case would you? We also chose PD Black for the stain and just curious to see what it looks like on a large scale.

They actually haven’t stained the steps yet, they are waiting until the very last minute.

Waldorf_Grange_Build
lilbza

They actually haven’t stained the steps yet, they are waiting until the very last minute.

Here’s a pic I took back in Jan. Still looks the same.

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum