Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Waldorf Grange by Porter Davis

Page 26 of 40
Waldorf_Grange_Build
pEast
Waldorf_Grange_Build

Spoke with our site supervisor about the tiles in the master ensuite niche not continuing in the brick lay pattern. He said he will get the tilers to rectify this next week when they tile the balcony.

- View my blog at http://www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com

that is looking very good - how much did PD charge extra for brick bond pattern - I have walnut heartwood but could not justify paying around $4000 extra for around 100 sqm with mu builder so went just normal

Not sure how much extra for brick bond pattern but it definitely was not that much. Our entire tile bill was less than $10,000 across the whole house with brick bond in all areas.

Wow, for a waldorf grange and the number of wet areas it has, that is so cheap. Ours is 17k, but we are having a few infinity feature wall tiles.

Is there a penalty for them not finishing on time?

fademan
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Not sure how much extra for brick bond pattern but it definitely was not that much. Our entire tile bill was less than $10,000 across the whole house with brick bond in all areas.

Wow, for a waldorf grange and the number of wet areas it has, that is so cheap. Ours is 17k, but we are having a few infinity feature wall tiles.

Is there a penalty for them not finishing on time?

I believe they pay us $250/week
External tiles are in! More pics here >> https://waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.co ... ns-are-in/

- View my blog at www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com
Just got our final invoice. It doesn’t need to be paid until the day of handover but a sign we are getting close.

We've selected our shutters, curtains and blinds and waiting for the quote that will come through next week. Here are the pictures >> https://waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.co ... nd-blinds/

Would love to know what others think.

We also met a concreter out on site today and waiting for a quote for aggregate driveway and path around the house.
Thanks for sharing Waldorf. Those floor to ceiling sheers are going to look amazing once they’re in... and just as well too as I am sure they weren’t cheap!! Apparently the way they are hung can affect how much fabric they use and the cost ie pinch pleat being most expensive.

I totally get having timber shutters for the front windows as looks so good from the street. But after having timber Venetians in my current house and how dusty they get I am torn. Mind you my current Venetians are a dark timber so they show up
EVERYTHING
. Maybe it’s not so bad if they are white and with shutters each slat would be a lot wider so perhaps easier to dust/clean?

Dani_J
Thanks for sharing Waldorf. Those floor to ceiling sheers are going to look amazing once they’re in... and just as well too as I am sure they weren’t cheap!! Apparently the way they are hung can affect how much fabric they use and the cost ie pinch pleat being most expensive.

I totally get having timber shutters for the front windows as looks so good from the street. But after having timber Venetians in my current house and how dusty they get I am torn. Mind you my current Venetians are a dark timber so they show up
EVERYTHING
. Maybe it’s not so bad if they are white and with shutters each slat would be a lot wider so perhaps easier to dust/clean?

Yes I saw the sample of the shutters. When they are 100% closed you can just run a cloth over the whole thing. And they will be hinged with a magnet so you can open and get to the other side (or the glass) very easily. We haven't got the quote yet.....but we also discussed getting them done in three stages if need be. Still waiting on driveway and landscaping quotes too.
Waldorf_Grange_Build
We've selected our shutters, curtains and blinds and waiting for the quote that will come through next week. Here are the pictures >> https://waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.co ... nd-blinds/

Would love to know what others think.

We also met a concreter out on site today and waiting for a quote for aggregate driveway and path around the house.

Where are you building? My fiancé does driveways he might also be able to give you a quote if you were interested. It’s the one part of our build that won’t be a shock cost! We are probably going to do a black exposed agg driveway, hopefully it will look good against the greys and whites on the house.

I’ve been so shocked by the price differences in window furnishings! The same things with thousands of dollars difference between different companies. We had put it in the to do later pile as it was starting to annoy me. I really should get onto it soon though.

I was quoted 21k for 148m2 of exp aggregate including 4 drainage points around the house and crossover extension by 2.8m.

Am meeting with another concreter on Thursday for another quote.
Gio
I was quoted 21k for 148m2 of exp aggregate including 4 drainage points around the house and crossover extension by 2.8m.

I know of some PD customers who were able to roll the driveway costs into their home loan. We asked about PD doing driveway but they wouldn't.
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Gio

I know of some PD customers who were able to roll the driveway costs into their home loan. We asked about PD doing driveway but they wouldn't.

We got told by our SC that we could have PD do the driveway but that they were much more expensive than getting it done yourself.
Hurrow
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Gio

We got told by our SC that we could have PD do the driveway but that they were much more expensive than getting it done yourself.

I wonder why they would do some houses and not others?
Gio

$21k
that’s a lot! I’m dreading our landscaping, I think it will be just grass and more grass for some time.

Waldorf_Grange_Build
Hurrow
Waldorf_Grange_Build
[quote="Gio"]I was quoted 21k for 148m2 of exp aggregate including 4 drainage points around the house and crossover extension by 2.8m.

I wonder why they would do some houses and not others?[/quote]

Our SC told us that they don’t like to do driveways and charge a lot for this reason, they just hire someone same as you would and whack on a nice big charge for doing so.

nikil
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Hurrow
[quote="Waldorf_Grange_Build"][quote="Gio"]I was quoted 21k for 148m2 of exp aggregate including 4 drainage points around the house and crossover extension by 2.8m.

I wonder why they would do some houses and not others?[/quote]

Our SC told us that they don’t like to do driveways and charge a lot for this reason, they just hire someone same as you would and whack on a nice big charge for doing so.

[/quote]

And the majority of customers that would take up this offer are the ones that require the cost to be rolled into the home loan.

I know of another Waldorf Grange client who got the driveway done through PD however when we enquired it was a flat out no, can’t do.

You don't actually need to have it done through your builder to be put through your home loan. Most banks will let you submit quotes for items that are to be done after handover at the time you submit your build contract.

They are added on to your loan and the bank pays the company directly when your invoiced for the work.
Balcony going up

Waldorf_Grange_Build
Balcony going up

very Hamptons indeed looks great

Love your doors! We choose them too
. Your facade is great!

Ezza78
Love your doors! We choose them too
. Your facade is great!

The doors and window frames will really pop once the bottom floor is finally rendered. We choose Timeless Grey. I can't wait to see what everything looks like once the shutters are installed too.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum