Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Mainvue Aegean430 - 45sq in Berwick Waters

Page 8 of 15
WEEK 2, Day 7....

We now have power and underground drainage. Can kind of see where the house will sit on the block.

View from front right corner, driveway side:

From the north side, the rough part is where we hope to put the swimspa:

Alfresco, which is around 8m long:

Backyard, which is only around 4.2m wide:

From the back looking to the front:

From front left corner looking towards portico:

Slab pour tentatively booked from Thursday 29/9 but rain is predicted so not sure if it will go ahead. Fingers crossed they keep moving this quickly.

Our Henley Aegean45
Aegean430
WEEK 2, Day 7....

We now have power and underground drainage. Can kind of see where the house will sit on the block.

View from front right corner, driveway side:

From the north side, the rough part is where we hope to put the swimspa:

Alfresco, which is around 8m long:

Backyard, which is only around 4.2m wide:

From the back looking to the front:

From front left corner looking towards portico:

Slab pour tentatively booked from Thursday 29/9 but rain is predicted so not sure if it will go ahead. Fingers crossed they keep moving this quickly.

Our Henley Aegean45

Congrats Aegean430. Can't wait to see it come together.
Thanks JPS, me too

Our Henley Aegean45
So the pre pour inspection was rescheduled from today till tomorrow at 6:30am, I went past around 5:45pm and they were still working. Hope they didn't rush it!

Our Henley Aegean45
WEEK 2, Day 9....

Slab was poured today.

Our Henley Aegean45
Congrats Aegean430. Without realising you will be at lock up stage. I have to say they do progress very quickly unlike the admin process which is very slow.
How much did land cost you in Berwick Waters? and what size is your block?
JPSEmperor48

Thanks, I hope they keep things moving along, not sure when the frame will start, hopefully some time next week.

Land was $330k for 576m2 block (18x32m) wish it was a bit deeper so we'd have more of a backyard...

Our Henley Aegean45
Aegean430
JPSEmperor48

Thanks, I hope they keep things moving along, not sure when the frame will start, hopefully some time next week.

Land was $330k for 576m2 block (18x32m) wish it was a bit deeper so we'd have more of a backyard...

Our Henley Aegean45

Wow that's a good price considering today's prices. when did you secure the block? I'm sure the price has gone up 100k already.
In terms of framing, the longer they take to start, the better it is. let it cure! they recommend 30 days but if you get 10 days from today until the frame starts. that's a good thing.
JPSEmperor48
Aegean430
JPSEmperor48

Our Henley Aegean45

Wow that's a good price considering today's prices. when did you secure the block? I'm sure the price has gone up 100k already.
In terms of framing, the longer they take to start, the better it is. let it cure! they recommend 30 days but if you get 10 days from today until the frame starts. that's a good thing.

Yes, right u are. I need to be more patient! We bought the block in March/April 2016. It didn't title until July this year. Long wait...

Our Henley Aegean45
WEEK 4, Day 21....

Well I'm sad to say that I think ours is the only build I know of to actually go backwards!

The framer started last Tuesday, then due to personal reasons has gone on leave indefinitely since last Wednesday, so all this timber that is waiting on our block will be picked up and re-delivered when the new framer starts, hopefully by next Tuesday 17/10.

I guess it's good for the slab but sad for us with no progress for another week.

Our Henley Aegean45
That sucks!! My first thought is ... oh no, another week of renting! On the bright side you won’t have someone distracted with issues putting up the primary supports in your house...

SAFA1
That sucks!! My first thought is ... oh no, another week of renting! On the bright side you won’t have someone distracted with issues putting up the primary supports in your house...

That's true. Hopefully the new framing crew will be worth the wait. I was thinking of asking for a few extra noggins where the tvs will be mounted, perhaps they'll do that for me to make up for the delay

Our Henley Aegean45
Aegean430
SAFA1

That's true. Hopefully the new framing crew will be worth the wait. I was thinking of asking for a few extra noggins where the tvs will be mounted, perhaps they'll do that for me to make up for the delay

Our Henley Aegean45

Yeah I had asked for noggins for kitchen pendants and they were costing almost 300 for 2 - I too might buy a good drink for my framers if they put some noggins where I need them
I know, when I enquired during admin, I was floored by the cost for a bit of extra wood! I was always going to ask at this stage but maybe now I might get a yes. Lol.

Our Henley Aegean45
So while I wait I've been looking into the window furnishings. I'm thinking a mixture of coverings including sheers, blockout linings, roller blinds on some windows and plantation shutters in the bathrooms.

I also came across a product called http://www.verishades.com seems like a good idea as it's basically a modern take on the vertical blinds whereby it looks like sheers, then you turn the rod and it becomes a blockout blind - 2 products in one, on one track. The initial "con" for me was the bottom is not hemmed or overlocked, it just looks like it's cut which I didn't like. Also the individual panels could get quite "blowy" when the alfresco doors are open.

However, I then received the quote for $20k and quickly decided against it.

The other quotes I have received so far vary from $10k - $17k so I'm just letting that sink in for a bit.

My other dilemma is the couch in the family room, I would like a "u-shape" ideally but also don't want it too closed in. I like the thought of all of us sitting anywhere and talking to each other face to face, and not the focus of our attention to be the tv.

I've decided on the couch & ottoman for the theatre & a lovely leather armchair for the study but the family room is my nemesis at the moment, so I think I'll wait for the frame or even plaster to measure it up and decide.

Our Henley Aegean45
WEEK 5, Day 30....

New framer started today! Very happy to see some movement on site after 2 weeks of nothing.

Doesn't look like much yet tho.

Our Henley Aegean45
End of WEEK 7 and the first floor has been done, just waiting on roof trusses to be done next week and I’m told the roof will be the week after.

Starting to take shape.

Rear view:

Looking towards front door:

Our Henley Aegean45
Aegean430
End of WEEK 7 and the first floor has been done, just waiting on roof trusses to be done next week and I’m told the roof will be the week after.

Starting to take shape.

Rear view:

Our Henley Aegean45

Good to see finally progress on your lot - finally taken the shape of a House and I think u may have in. Already to feel the size of different rooms
pEast
Aegean430

Starting to take shape.

Rear view:

Our Henley Aegean45

Good to see finally progress on your lot - finally taken the shape of a House and I think u may have in. Already to feel the size of different rooms

Yes at first I thought the rooms felt smaller than I remembered but I’ve read that it can feel that way at frame stage but bigger once plaster is up.

Thank you, I’m thrilled that it’s finally moving along and starting to take shape.

Our Henley Aegean45
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum