Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Williams Designer Homes build, West Wallsend NSW - Moved In

Page 4 of 33
Yay! Exciting times ahead!

Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
Yay its such a good feeling when something starts happening.
Any word on when you are going to council?

Not sure when we are going to council. I think we have to finalise our selections and get contracts before we can go to council
Now to get our place sold.
Oh darn.. Hopefully it doesn't take to long.

Ours sold really quickly in like 4 hours.. so ill cross my fingers you have the same luck. Although looking back we should have still been in our house for awhile longer as we could afford the repayments on the house and the new build since we are still only paying the land loan
Woo for getting the block cleared! Keeping my fingers crossed that your place sells quickly. Have you decided on a real estate agent?
We're in the process of finding an agent. We've had a few recommended to us so we're just ringing around at the moment. It's sort of a balancing act. We need to sell it so we can start the build (we're fine covering the land loan but our bank said we need to sell before we can start the build loan) but then the sooner it's sold the sooner we have to move in with the in laws. I'm just ish I could skip past this part and be on the home stretch.
k.goldington
We're in the process of finding an agent. We've had a few recommended to us so we're just ringing around at the moment. It's sort of a balancing act. We need to sell it so we can start the build (we're fine covering the land loan but our bank said we need to sell before we can start the build loan) but then the sooner it's sold the sooner we have to move in with the in laws. I'm just ish I could skip past this part and be on the home stretch.

YES!! Its so annoying.
We sold with love.. they were very persistent so i figured if they nagged me that must they would do the same to the customers! Lol

k.goldington

Yep, I think we'll be in the same position when we go to build. Esp if I'm still on mat leave.
How long does it take between finding an agent and the house being on the market? I have no clue about that whole process.
The first time i had mine on the market was about a week i think from signing the paperwork( online on realestate.com etc). I had a **** agent though and there was barely any interest in the 3 months it was on market. Didnt renew contract with her, joined up with the agent that leases office space on same floor of building where I work, ad was listed same night as paperwork signed with agent, and had exchanged contracts a week after that.

I should clarify, from the time i found the first agent, it was a week from talking to her to the time the ad went live online so that was slow compared to second agent. So it really depends on who you choose to go with and how good they are.

Wow that second one was quick. We're looking at one that we've been following for a while and it seems like she has a tendency to sell on or before the first open house. So I'm hoping she would be able to do the same for us.
Shouldn't take them long to get it on the market. All they need to do is organise photos and write the copy for ads etc, a bit of paperwork and away you go!

http://bellaviabuild.wordpress.com
Yeah and Although I got an offer and signed contracts with the first agent right on the end of the 3 month agreement which eventually fell through, i ended up getting a much better offer the second time around and it was an investor to boot, which meant i got to keep my pets and not have to move lol. I chose the first agent based on the number of units she had sold in my complex thinking she would sell quick.

Sounds like the agent you're following has an excellent track record!

We've got 3 agents coming out to meet with us in the next week. Yay for progress!
After a mad frenzy in the last couple of nights the house is ready for all the agents that we have booked in over the next week. I'm fairly lazy when it comes to cleaning/tidying so it was a mad dash to get it all done and looking nice. It's not perfect for pictures or opens (there's some stuff that needs to find homes still) but it's fine to show an agent it's potential.

The first agent is coming tonight, and they actually sent out a cute like package a couple days ago that had some nice chocolates, some treats for the dog, and some information about who they are and what they do. Such a nice gesture! I'm a little nervous but happy to get the ball rolling.

The last of our upgrade quotes came through and I think they are all fairly reasonable. One of the things I really wanted in the kitchen was an induction cooktop and DH really wanted all 90cm appliances instead of the standard 60cm. The quote for the upgrade for those was $2100 for some no name brand or $5100 for Fisher & Paykel. We had already priced them up and were excepting around $5k anyway so I'm fine with that. Still not sure the cupboards are work $4k to upgrade though.

As long as the weather holds out, our block will be getting cleared on Monday. So hopefully the storm completely fizzles out before it gets started.
Our very exciting.. Its starting to get real now!!

Thats great news about the appliances... I know what you mean about the cupboards, the upgrades dont seem like much but when you start adding them together before you know if youve spent an extra $30K eekkk!

Have you been to your block recently? they did our trees 2 days before they were meant too! Its just lucky hubby went for a drive by and otherwise we would have missed out on pictures
Hope the meeting with the agent goes well tonight.
Ryalls_first_build
Our very exciting.. Its starting to get real now!!

Thats great news about the appliances... I know what you mean about the cupboards, the upgrades dont seem like much but when you start adding them together before you know if youve spent an extra $30K eekkk!

Have you been to your block recently? they did our trees 2 days before they were meant too! Its just lucky hubby went for a drive by and otherwise we would have missed out on pictures

I haven't been out since last week. He's doing it as a cashie and set a time for one of us to go out and pay him so I don't think he'd clear it early. Hopefully I'll be able to get out tomorrow sometime. I've got this idea of making a timelapse of the build, so it'd be good to get a pic or two before the trees go, but I have plenty if I don't make it out haha.
Related
9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

2/09/2023
Architect vs designer vs builder

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your build is relatively simple, I believe your job can be easily done by a good building designer, you really do not need to pay for the architect. Remember, architect's…

3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum