Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

B & D's First build with HGWA

Page 16 of 17
Oooh is there?! That's good to hear

They were all just minor, but there were heaps of things to be fixed, so there was a few trades that had to come back & Brad is going on leave tomorrow, so he wanted it finished beforehand. My partner should be there in a minute to do a second PCI, so fingers crossed, keys Fri or Monday?

Tiler, painter and concreter were all booked this morning so I can breathe now lol
dee13
Oooh is there?! That's good to hear

They were all just minor, but there were heaps of things to be fixed, so there was a few trades that had to come back & Brad is going on leave tomorrow, so he wanted it finished beforehand. My partner should be there in a minute to do a second PCI, so fingers crossed, keys Fri or Monday?

Tiler, painter and concreter were all booked this morning so I can breathe now lol

Fantastic to hear, you'll be so relieved when you get your keys

Hi Dee,

I'm just wondering who you used for your independent inspector? We too are building with HGWA and are looking at getting our own inspector. Did you get them in at each completion stage or just at the end?

Thanks!
We used Glenn from Express Building Inspections. He was sent to my current house to do the inspection for the buyer & he was so thorough I asked him to do our PCI. If your looking to use one, I can't recommend him highly enough, his customer service was fantastic.

We just had him do the final PCI as we didn't have many issues & Glenn was quick to pick up all of the stuff that needed fixing before handover. Well worth the money, most of the faults were minor cosmetic things, but there were a few that would have been a headache to rectify later on. I can message you his details if you like?
Yes please message his details through that would be great thanks!

Glad to hear that you didn't have too many issues all up

Thanks Again!
Congrats all looks so beautiful.

Would love to see how the main floor tile turned out.
Thank you so much! I totally forgot to post some 'moved in' pics!
I can't upload photos from my phone for some reason, ill pop some tiles pics up tomorrow.... If you're on instagram my house page is @build_onthe_blv there's a few more pictures on there 😊

Wow
Absolutely stunning ❤️❤️❤️

I’ll have a look on insta as well

Thank you

I love your wall colour!

Can you please share the brand of pain used and your painter?
Do you think this tile is similar to yours?

Is so hard trying to picture from a single tile how the look will turn out!
Lol I think we were talking on Baldivis chat the other day
I'm not too sure if they are similar? Ours are a lot lighter than they come up in pictures, they're more white than grey and they have a pearl like sheen over the top that changes colour

I love your sofa! Keen on ones like that which have a movable neckrest thing.
Where did you get it from? Are you happy with it?

JaNelly
Do you think this tile is similar to yours?

Is so hard trying to picture from a single tile how the look will turn out!
i think I have these tiles in my wet areas. I love them.

Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum