Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Practical Completion ............. finally

Page 1 of 1
We had our Practical completion inspection appointment on Monday. There are a few things to be rectified but nothing too major.

The painters were there at the same time as our inspection so all the red dots we put on the walls were fixed immediately. There are a few brickwork issues and they also need another clean. The front door frame is finally being replaced.

Here are some photos after the house was cleaned, there will be another clean done after all the trades have finished.

The Timber laminate floors and carpet were installed .

AND we have a new front door it just needs to be painted and the door handle put in the right spot this time.

Master Bedroom En-suite now with shower screens and taps reinstalled.

Master Bedroom carpet installed

Back hallway carpet.

Front sitting room carpet.

Kitchen, Meals and Family Room with flooring installed.

The new front door, the wooden panels are larger on this one which is better as the pull handle can fit better, apparently the wrong door had been ordered and happens all the time, someone has a nice collection of doors at home.

We should have a handover date in the next couple of days, hopefully we should have handover sometime in the next 2 weeks. Just waiting for the super to go through our Inspectors report which was very thorough but not there is not much that we did not pick up.

FINGERS CROSSED.

Adam
It looks great Adam!!

Hope your handover date is soon!!

Love your front door and your carpets! Great selections
really nice!
Well done - love your carpet.

Wont be long.
Looking good...nice shower with his and hers taps.
Looks good!
Good luck with the move in!

RE: His and hers taps.... we're getting 2 lots of taps... and we're still debating over which taps belong to who
It looks lovely, love the colours very classic!
That looks smashing! Hope the handover goes smoothly for you
looking great. I really like your bathroom and family/kitchen area. Very light and breezy!
I love your ensuite, the window between the mirrors and basins is a great look. Carpet looking good. Good luck with getting a handover date.
Nice to finally see the finished product.
Your house looks great!
I agree that the small window in between the his/hers basins look great... i love natural light.
that's a huge shower in your ensuite.. very nice!

We have the same front doors.. and bi-folds.
Looks great!
Good luck on your handover.
Won't be long now and you'll have the keys!
Time to celebrate and relax?
Paula

Wont be long.

Wooo...i love the carpet as well!

Adam, can I ask what kind of carpet that is and where you got it from? Im looking for something quite similar.
Hi thanks for all your comments. As far as the Shower I think they are both for me just stand in the middle

Pugsley
Paula

Wont be long.

Adam, can I ask what kind of carpet that is and where you got it from? Im looking for something quite similar.

The carpet is from the M3tricon standard range I think it is Godfree Hurst the patern is crossroads and the colour is Antique Taupe.
adamtram
Hi thanks for all your comments. As far as the Shower I think they are both for me just stand in the middle

Pugsley
Paula

Wont be long.

The carpet is from the M3tricon standard range I think it is Godfree Hurst the patern is crossroads and the colour is Antique Taupe.

THANKS ADAM!
love the idea of the window between the mirrors in the bathroom. your house is looking terrific.
Yes those windows will make putting on make up a breeze - no horrible down light to cast shadows.

Great Idea.
Related
7/05/2023
Builder not giving letter of commencement and practical comp

Building A New House

The HIA contract, in the term & conditions section states that "Commencment" is deemed when the drainage is started or the piers are dug or the slab is formed up (incase…

24/11/2023
late completion penalty

Building A New House

Like I said the Occupancy Certificate is not the tollgate that marks the completion of the house. The contract defines…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum