Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Catherine Park

Page 9 of 13
Ok, so its a yes for the aerial! Its not compulsory, but unless you want to rely on the NBN connection for your free to air tv, you will need to have an antenna. Phew, glad that's sorted!
Ok, so had a meeting with the supervisor on Wednesday, and surprisingly he has pretty much guaranteed we’ll be in for Christmas

After last week when he said we’d be pushing finishing before contract end (mid jan), I think he reorganised his trades and is pushing them as much as we’ve been pushing him, and has decided that he will try and run the trades a lot closer than he has so far.
We’ve got painting till the end of next week, main area tiling the following week, and then electrical and plumbing fitouts happening from there, with PCI tentatively in for the week of 20/11.

Rocchet, drove past your place yesterday, you look to be around the same place as us, do you have any inclination as to when you’ll be handing over?

joannapaulp
Ok, so had a meeting with the supervisor on Wednesday, and surprisingly he has pretty much guaranteed we’ll be in for Christmas

After last week when he said we’d be pushing finishing before contract end (mid jan), I think he reorganised his trades and is pushing them as much as we’ve been pushing him, and has decided that he will try and run the trades a lot closer than he has so far.
We’ve got painting till the end of next week, main area tiling the following week, and then electrical and plumbing fitouts happening from there, with PCI tentatively in for the week of 20/11.

Rocchet, drove past your place yesterday, you look to be around the same place as us, do you have any inclination as to when you’ll be handing over?

How exciting! Our little street is coming up so quickly 😊

We are hopefully off to Catherine Park for plan approval in the next week or so then off to CDC. Probably on the build list early January at this point.

Quick question re: landscaping plans - did you get them professionally done or draft them up yourselves?
joannapaulp

Great news!!
We have walkthrough next week. Handover in 3 weeks if all goes to plan!! Currently organising bank paperwork, rental notice, removal truck, purchasing a few big items......its frantic but super exciting!

That's great news everyone, its all coming together that's for sure. Our frame is on order, and should go up next week.

New Living Homes just included the landscaping plan for us bugslife. No doubt it was included in our costs, and we probably could have stopped them, but it was just easier to let them do it.
Yeah, we got ours thru the builder as well, cost about $450 or so

Our builder charged about $800
Could have done it ourselves but didn't want the trouble to be honest.

Hi all,
We've been reading through all the comments on this page keeping up to date with everyone's build progress. Hope it's all running smoothly for you all!
We've purchased Lot 3008 Law crescent and by the sounds of things, we have a few neighbours on the forum! haha
We are building an Aspiration 34 with Wisdom Homes and got DA approval last week in council. Now just to finalise our end panel/selections, get construction plans and speak with the bank re payment schedule... Fingers crossed for a slab pre-Christmas..
Is anyone else building with Wisdom on here? How was your experience negotiating on the payment schedule with your respective banks?
Kurdie
Hi all,
We've been reading through all the comments on this page keeping up to date with everyone's build progress. Hope it's all running smoothly for you all!
We've purchased Lot 3008 Law crescent and by the sounds of things, we have a few neighbours on the forum! haha
We are building an Aspiration 34 with Wisdom Homes and got DA approval last week in council. Now just to finalise our end panel/selections, get construction plans and speak with the bank re payment schedule... Fingers crossed for a slab pre-Christmas..
Is anyone else building with Wisdom on here? How was your experience negotiating on the payment schedule with your respective banks?

Hi! I think we met at the release if you are part of the couple which also camped out with us 😂

Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.

We went to Catherine Park for plan approval last week - no update yet though.

We have friends building with Wisdom in Picton, their SS has been amazing and all issues sorted out in a timely manner which seems really promising. Hopefully you guys have a similar experience!
Hey Kurdie, welcome to the Catherine Park thread 😀 we originally had a deposit down on Lot 3006 but swapped over to Lot 2066 when it came back on the market.

Will be good to watch your progress. We are building with New Living Homes so can't provide much info on Wisdom Homes for you.

We have just come back from a visit to Law Cres. Our frame went up today. There is so much building going on now. Always something new to see... love it!!!
I’m building with wisdom. Majestic 35. Getting keys next week! Eek
Our bank was fine with the schedule (Suncorp) very happy with them across the whole journey. We requested final payment and they had inspector out and cheque in hand within 48 hours!
Some banks won’t budge on the schedule from what I’ve heard though and wisdom don’t either. If u have issues you’ll need to change banks.

Ps. You might struggle with a pre Christmas slab.

Are you on the wisdom homes thread? It’s terrific!

thanks so much for the welcome guys..

@ bugslife - yes, we were one of the other couples that camped out for the third release! That was worth it now wasn't it haha.. Hopefully we have the same experience with Wisdom that your friends have had! We got a response from CP board pretty quickly, fingers crossed for you guys so you can get through into CDC.

PinnyandDee - I actually drive past our vacant lot pretty regularly, you know, just to see if the wind has moved any dirt around etc haha.. It has been good to see our street come to life with a number of builds. I noticed your frame was up yesterday when I drove past, that's great news! Looking forward to watching your build progress also

Rocchet - How exciting.. bet you're counting down the days until you receive your keys. You guys aren't on Law Crescent right? I think I know your place.. Darker brick? I have been watching your built quite closely seeing as we are both building with Wisdom.. How long has it taken (approx.?) from end panel through to completion? I have definitely checked out the Wisdom thread, it's very informative (and lengthy haha).. Agreed that a slab pre-Christmas may be a little optimistic! Our tender expiration date is 6 December so as long as we meet that I am okay with commencing construction at the beginning of next year.

Looking forward to putting a face to a name with you guys in the coming months! Keep the updates on your builds coming, it keeps us motivated and makes us excited for our own
Our end panel was done early Feb from memory. Certificate of commencement was 26th Feb. completion mid November.
We’re on Casey st. Not very dark brick. We’re the odd ones out a bit with our bricks lol
We drove around all the time when it was just a patch of dirt

I’m sure you’ll make your tender expiration date

Did we all get our Christmas party invites....?

Lynn and I will be there at some stage 😀
Yes sure did
Hoping to get there with fam, but will depend on sport, work etc...

We got the invite but still not sure if we will go. We feel abit weird to go when we still own dirt and not a house 😂

We went back to Catherine Park yesterday for reapproval as our builder submitted old plans which they had drafted which included bag & paint finish (which is apparently an unacceptable finish on the facade) that we didn't want & had to clarify a few items about the gates down the side of the house & driveway colour.... fingers crossed we get the green light and come out of CDC before Christmas!
Don't worry bugslife, not many of us are occupiers yet anyway.

Fingers crossed you get developer approval this time!

Our roof was supposed to go on this week, but the rain has put him behind. Rain?? What rain? Lol
Great to be in the house! Moving day was....interesting. Got a call half way through that my daughter was injured badly at sport and had to rush out. Just made the ambulance. Badly broken tibia and full leg cast! Poor hubby is left with the bulk of the move now poor thing. @pauljoannap so lovely to meet you the other day. Feel free to ring the doorbell and come visit next time you're driving by.

Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum