Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Catherine Park

Page 6 of 13
joannapaulp
I'm closing in on you rocchet, we were cut today, and SS has slab pour booked in for next Friday (weather permitting)

Wow, cracking pace!
You'll be in before us for sure! Our back neighbours built with Eden brae and they were finished super quick.

Hi all, we are new to Catherine Park & are building with Champion Homes, Novara 225. Anyone here building with Champion Homes & how are they finding their new homes?
Bundkk
Hi all, we are new to Catherine Park & are building with Champion Homes, Novara 225. Anyone here building with Champion Homes & how are they finding their new homes?

Hey, we're building Novara 225 with champion as well
we're currently at council submission stage.

Welcome aboard the Catherine Park Express.
Where are you building? How far along are you?
We just got slabbed yesterday, so fingers crossed we'll be done by xmas

Great! Where abouts are you building? Might be neighbours
Bundkk
Great! Where abouts are you building? Might be neighbours

Stage 2, law crescent

Maybe not. We'll be in Aspinallway
Looks like you're in stage 3, welcome aboard. How long till your land registers?

I'm in stage 1 but still at bricking stage. Slow and steady

Getting there

Hello everyone, just checking in to say hi. Loving all the activity in Law Cres. We settled on Lot 2066 a few weeks ago and are ready to sign contracts with New Living Homes. Going with The Oak design. Very excited, but having to learn patience lol We go out at least every weekend to see what's changed in the estate during the week.

Watching your build with interest joannapaulp. The homes opposite us are going at a cracking pace now too. All of them had builders on site today. Think its neck and neck to see who will be the first to move in!
PinnyandDee
Hello everyone, just checking in to say hi. Loving all the activity in Law Cres. We settled on Lot 2066 a few weeks ago and are ready to sign contracts with New Living Homes. Going with The Oak design. Very excited, but having to learn patience lol We go out at least every weekend to see what's changed in the estate during the week.

Watching your build with interest joannapaulp. The homes opposite us are going at a cracking pace now too. All of them had builders on site today. Think its neck and neck to see who will be the first to move in!

We are very much the same, always going past the empty block just to see what's happening haha, the waiting game is a killer. We are just down the road at lot 2070, it's amazing that we have connected with a few of our neighbours on this forum.

Our plans are just being submitted to council today so hopefully it's a quick approval and we can start building!

We were talking to the owners across the street the other night, and they're being built by the family business, and will be in by September. We are just hoping that we're in by Xmas. Our frame is going up today, and thanks to Eden brae's camera onsite, we can now logon anytime and see what's been done before we head on out to site to see for ourselves

I wondered about that camera. I assumed it was just for security, but that's fantastic to be able to view the site at anytime. Great way to show family and friends too.

Lynn and I met our neighbour next to us at Lot 2067 this afternoon. His name is Raj and he's an owner builder. He hopes to be in in a few months. So jealous lol
The land in stage 2 is being sold off rather slowly. Is it just a bad location in stage 2 or is it a sign of the market slowing down?

Do you mean stage 3? According to the master plan, all of stage 2 is sold

All of the stages in catherine park have sold pretty slowly. Not sure why as other areas still sell pretty quickly.

My bad I meant stage 3.
Perhaps a lot of people don't know about the area.

Yes
I guess people looking for bigger lots would buy at Harrington grove and Oran park has better guidelines and allowances to build duplex homes which are attractive for investors. My guess is relatively small lots, early releases with relatively few amenities built combined with stricter build guidelines may deter some people. It's perfect for us though

Good for us too.

I think in a few years, it'll be a sought after area.

Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum