Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom home build with Wincrest

Page 1 of 1
After lurking in the forum for the past 6 months I've greatly enjoyed getting to know the process through other people's eyes, ideas and experience! Now that we've signed our tender I thought it finally time to start my own thread!

We're a young family with a young baby that was quickly outgrowing our small 2 bedroom unit..

So after spending almost 2 years visiting far too many open houses and attending auction after auction and missing out every time we saw an opportunity to buy some vacant land and jumped on it in November last year.. without realising the challenge ahead!

Then began the search for a builder but due to the odd shape of the block (at the end of a cul-de-sac and we have a right of carriageway down the side) and council setback requirements we couldn't find anything from the project builders to fit so started chatting to them about a custom design.. we also looked at independent builders but they quoted over our budget for the type of home we were looking for.

After spending time with a few different project builders on custom options we came up with the attached with Wincrest!

Would love people's feedback on the current floorplan! The rear of the block faces North.

Welcome aboard. I would make the built in robes slightly bigger. Use 3×620 doors instead of 2×720. As I see you will soon struggle with storage space, its a 5 bedroom but then again as you mentioned you are a family of 3 occupying this home. And is that a shower in a laundry?

Thanks Makie!

We're hoping to put a pool in at some stage so wanted a shower in the laundry so people could wash off without walking through the house!
Doing final planning session tomorrow morning, any thoughts on location of internal garage door.. trying to decide between entry via living room (as currently shown on plan) and entry via rear of garage through the laundry.. thoughts?
My suggestions:
- Extend the laundry area and split out the bathroom (to the eastern side)
- Move the garage access door to the laundry(?)
- Switch the lounge and the fifth bedroom
- Remove the shower from the powder room to extend the pantry.

deejcee
After lurking in the forum for the past 6 months I've greatly enjoyed getting to know the process through other people's eyes, ideas and experience! Now that we've signed our tender I thought it finally time to start my own thread!

We're a young family with a young baby that was quickly outgrowing our small 2 bedroom unit..

So after spending almost 2 years visiting far too many open houses and attending auction after auction and missing out every time we saw an opportunity to buy some vacant land and jumped on it in November last year.. without realising the challenge ahead!

Then began the search for a builder but due to the odd shape of the block (at the end of a cul-de-sac and we have a right of carriageway down the side) and council setback requirements we couldn't find anything from the project builders to fit so started chatting to them about a custom design.. we also looked at independent builders but they quoted over our budget for the type of home we were looking for.

After spending time with a few different project builders on custom options we came up with the attached with Wincrest!

Would love people's feedback on the current floorplan! The rear of the block faces North.

Hello.

Thinking about going with Wincrest, how did your experience go?
Rami_m
deejcee

Hello.

Thinking about going with Wincrest, how did your experience go?

The parties have reached a mutual understanding in resolution of each of the other parties concerns
Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum