Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Wallpaper - DIY or Pay Someone?

Page 1 of 1
My wife and I are close to moving into our newly built home and we want to wallpaper a large wall (entry through to dining). We both haven't done it before and are contemplating giving it a go, but at the same time don't want to stuff it up.

The wall has not been painted by the builder so it's just the plastered wall that will be covered.

What have you guys done?
We had a quote from our builder for $1000 to wallpaper a small wall, which to us English was a shock. In England its very normal for most people to wallpaper themselves, our parents managed to do it pretty easily without issue. I know its much rarer in Australia to use wallpaper so the art of putting it up isn't as common, but depending on if you have the time to learn and buy reasonable quality products to put it up I am sure you will be okay.
Binx77
My wife and I are close to moving into our newly built home and we want to wallpaper a large wall (entry through to dining). We both haven't done it before and are contemplating giving it a go, but at the same time don't want to stuff it up.

The wall has not been painted by the builder so it's just the plastered wall that will be covered.

What have you guys done?

Hey there my husband does digital print wallpaper and we will be doing that in our house once it's ready in the hallway. His in Melbourne if your in Melbourne company is VinageCustoms his name is Vinnie his number is 0417543808
I can't help you with the wallpaper, but if it's bare plasterboard it will suck up the glue and may make it more difficult to position and potentially not as adhesive.
I'd consider doing an undercoat/sealer.
Related
1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

9/08/2023
Kitchen Renovation: DIY vs Resurfacing vs New Kaboodle

General Discussion

Assuming the structure of your cabinetry is good then I would DIY everything as follows: - replace your counter tops entirely, - replace all drawer runners with soft close…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum