Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Alkimos Aveling first timers!

Page 2 of 8
Roofing all done this week and grey set and render due next week 😊 Our building Inspectors have picked up a couple of things which Aveling have attended to the same day. Aveling have been great with communication and can't fault them at this stage
Looks like everything is moving along really well. I really like the colour of your vinyl plank flooring. Do you remember what it's called. I have the same issue with 2 kids and 2 dogs so after a good hard wearing floor too.
Nelly R
Looks like everything is moving along really well. I really like the colour of your vinyl plank flooring. Do you remember what it's called. I have the same issue with 2 kids and 2 dogs so after a good hard wearing floor too.

Yep it feels like it's going quickly! Hope the traces say quickly lined up. The flooring is karndean rose washed oak. Lots of photos on pinterest. Would love wood but I'd be forever paranoid and couldn't enjoy it with feet and claws on it!!
Sorry for typos 😉 I meant I hope the trades stay quickly lined up. Blame the vodka I'm having
Ha ha. Nothing like a vodka after a long day!
Nelly R
Ha ha. Nothing like a vodka after a long day!

Make that two 😆
All grey float and ceilings in this week, ceilings haven't been smoothed over or whatever the proper expression is 😁 Hopefully render next week and then I think glass and doors? Maybe?!

Looking towards kitchen on left and dining area. Doorway to front of house

Stood in dining area looking towards family room and through to activity and rear of house
Exciting!
Looking good Zoe. Has much more happened over the last couple of weeks?
Thanks Nelly. Render was done across the front the past couple days and the white set should have been completed today but I was too chicken to get out and look in this weather! Think that needs a week to dry before glass and doors and I guess that's lock up then. I still have a few niggles over things I cannot change, and that I had from the start of the plans process, but hey how there nothing I can do about it now!
I know, I worry about the things I can't change. Such big decisions to make.
Hopefully there's a break in this terrible weather so you can have a good look!
External render and white set all done

Entry and half the hall

Kids activity

Not sure how this has happened!
Lots of progress at the house. Seems the SS is pretty hot on lining up trades to all get in on time and I guess it helps that building has slowed so much in WA. All ceilings and doors and frames have been painted. Really like the bright fresh WA white we picked for doors and frames. Air con was installed yesterday, just not the external units yet. Today cabinets have all been done, plus benchtops and sinks in wet areas. Love the gloss cupboards and love the Concrete Formwork benchtops! So glad I swapped to them at pre start.

Just plain white no-gloss cupboards here in the laundry

Love these benches

Main bathroom

En suite
Looks fantastic!! I hope we get benchtops tomorrow!! We need to start putting deposits down on lounge and dining table so they arrive on time!

Mon
Mon445
Looks fantastic!! I hope we get benchtops tomorrow!! We need to start putting deposits down on lounge and dining table so they arrive on time!

Mon

Makes such a difference to see actual stuff inside that isn't boring electrics and pipes haha. We ordered a fridge yesterday and just have to hope our current one lasts til we move. Only other thing we are getting is dining table and kids double beds as I need to ponder furniture layout and how we will use the spaces, so figure if we live in it for a while i will work it out better....but maybe I'll change my mind and order some sofas haha. I wonder when we will get essa and the slab ends. Do you have stone throughout?
ZoePerth
Mon445

Mon

Makes such a difference to see actual stuff inside that isn't boring electrics and pipes haha. We ordered a fridge yesterday and just have to hope our current one lasts til we move. Only other thing we are getting is dining table and kids double beds as I need to ponder furniture layout and how we will use the spaces, so figure if we live in it for a while i will work it out better....but maybe I'll change my mind and order some sofas haha. I wonder when we will get essa and the slab ends. Do you have stone throughout?

I have been obsessing over space for the last 12 months
. Got the big stuff sorted in my head- I just hope it looks as good as I envision it!
Yep we have 40mm stone throughout and waterfalls in the kitchen. I hope it goes in this week and that I get to sneak inside! Looking through the window is frustrating!
Have you been given a rough estimate of handover? We haven't yet- but hoping to meet with SS next week!

Mon
Yep they said from the start they aimed for late November and I asked last week how that timeline was going. Our brickies took a little longer due to weather. Anyway they still are happy to say November. Yours should be similar I reckon, earlier even if you're doing the driveway etc
Stone is on in the kitchen, and our undermounted sink. Only took one photo as our neighbours popped in for a nosey. Love the waterfall ends 😍

All the brick surrounds and undermounts have been done in the wet areas and they've raised the floor levels too. Tiling meeting is Wednesday!

How exciting!!!!! Looking great!

Mon
Related
9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum