Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Alkimos Aveling first timers!

Page 8 of 8
That sounds reasonable for the windows! Will do some investigating

Hahahaha the wet paint- imagining mr bean episode where he blows a tin of paint up to paint his house...

Follow my build

viewtopic.php?t=83885
Argh no Mr Bean! If the painter wasn't 6ft3 and half that wide and a black belt in all sorts then I'd kick his arse. Lol
Whoa what an insane few days. Have moved in, partner has been working insanely long shifts, so many school end of term things going on, so much stuff still to move, so much work being done here, too many things to remember, didn't eat for two days, so many missing hours of sleep.. argh.

However, love the house, kids love having space back, they adore their new beds, they obviously love the pool, love the wall colour (painter still not finished, he pulled a couple all nighters.. his finish is fantastic, now to just.. finish..!), love the flooring, love the fake turf at the back more than I thought I would. Our landscaper who is doing so much work has been amazing and even stepped into my partner's shoes to hook up the washing machine and put up my clothes drier outside!

No decent photos as there's boxes and half built sofas around but here's one of the pool area and fake turf to the very rear, you can just see toward the front of the block where there will be real grass for the dogs. Not had pool handover yet so pool is still full of sand, no idea how to switch the lights or spa jets on yet but hey, the pump says the water is fine lol

Still need to glass fence off that sliding door

Looks great, who did ur lawn ? If you don't mind sharing his details

jpmontoya
Looks great, who did ur lawn ? If you don't mind sharing his details

He's our landscaper who has done so bloody much, real handyman. Very neat and tidy. He has a fb page if you're on there, called Outback Landscapes. His details are on there
Oooh fake grass would be so awesome!! What will that area be used for? Will your dogs have access to it?
Your pool area is huge! Plenty of room for running jumps lol

Follow my build

viewtopic.php?t=83885
Dogs will have occasional access, there's going to be real turf in the front side section for them. Read mixed reviews of the smell dog wee leaves on fake lawn. Going to have that mainly as space for the kids and a trampoline etc.
ZoePerth
Dogs will have occasional access, there's going to be real turf in the front side section for them. Read mixed reviews of the smell dog wee leaves on fake lawn. Going to have that mainly as space for the kids and a trampoline etc.

Good idea no dragging the trampoline or swing set around to mow!
House is all over the place of course but figured I'd post a full light picture of a kitty grey wall for those who were thinking of it. I love it, looks great against our bright WA white doors and frames. Also love our karndean flooring even though it's sandy and dusty and needs a proper clean!! Bottom of my list right now haha. Oh and the painter still hasn't finished. I can laugh about it now...!!

House is all over the place of course but figured I'd post a full light picture of a kitty grey wall for those who were thinking of it. I love it, looks great against our bright WA white doors and frames. Also love our karndean flooring even though it's sandy and dusty and needs a proper clean!! Bottom of my list right now haha. Oh and the painter still hasn't finished. I can laugh about it now...!!

Looks great all the colours together!

Follow my build

viewtopic.php?t=83885

Youngest in the pool
Yay for 36 degrees!!
Yay someone gets to enjoy that amazing pool!!

Follow my build

viewtopic.php?t=83885
Well not much has changed other than getting some new furniture. The garage is still barely accessible 😂 i hate going in there! Anyway here's a couple of pics. Excuse the messy kitchen!

After a bit of back and forth we just got notified of the return of all our bond from our rental - bit at stake with that since my profession is as a PM - so going to buy a dishwasher and also a Limetron. The water here is soooo hard that soon our solar panels, glass pool fencing, pool pump, shower screens, HWS plus all our appliances will get so calcified that they won't work correctly, or at least be very inefficient. So a limetron sits on the mains supply and does some electro-something or other and removes that hardness. No filters or anything and lasts 10 years apparently. I'd like a fancy new sink tap too but we will see if that's further down the line ?

We also applied successfully to have our stamp duty on the land altered, and we got back $1700! When you buy land it's taxed at General Rate - when you have built a residential property on it you can then retrospectively apply to have the tax reconsidered at the Residential Rate, which is cheaper, hence the rebate. Definitely worth doing! I've been telling everyone I know who has built to do it, as it's not really publicised, funny hey!
That all sounds awesome Zoe! Love the extra money coming through to help finish off things and that limetron will be worth it like you said if it will help prolong the life of everything

Stamp duty we had the exemption I believe as being under a certain amount and first home buyers in qld, but a great tip to pass on

P.s love your furniture colours we have the silver wood dining set and it looks similar in colour so fresh and beachy

Related
9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum