Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

GJ Gardner - Mandalay 298 - QLD

Page 17 of 19
Cheers - pretty much have work to do around the property everyday till hand-over so it's all going to work out well.
Looking forward to your build starting and seeing it unfold.

Wow!!! just catching up all the threads. It looks stunning
Been flat out since getting keys for the shed.... but quick update - we got keys to the house late this arvo. Was a bit of a blur when the bank said at 4pm they could get a cheque written up and the builder said they could meet for handover at 5:30pm. There's still a couple of things to complete but they're booked for the next few days. Super happy to be moving stuff into the house tomorrow.

Ah awesome news~ Congratulations!!!

Hope you still hang around on the forum for a little while longer ~

Q: Did you say that your block of land points directly north? (i.e. looking out from the alfresco is north)
Hi Hazza! What a beautiful house you got there!
hope to see more photos of you moved in! Are you at the Gold Coast?

Woah you got keys?!
congrats

Can't wait to see pictures

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Pics or it didn't happen Hazza!!
congrats!

Thanks for messages. Been flat out and there's next to no reception here on our phones.

We're loving it already and can't believe how big it is now that we're in.

We'll post more pics and info when we're settled. Being on over half an acre there's still a lot to get done and I'd like to post the landscaping to complete the journey.

Yarraland - Fraser Coast region

How's nesting going? Is the Mandalay design working well for you guys?
Design is awesome. I've hardly been inside though ☺. Had over 700m2 turf laid on Monday and doing our best to keep it alive in this scorching heat while working full time is this week's challenge. Pool is all done - absolutely awesome. Lady coming tomorrow before work to give advice on plants for garden beds.
Only issues with house are bed 1 a/c not getting cold feeling, some windows have gaps near mortar and some taps outside (I'm going to replace), small hole in one stacker flyscreen.
Our lives are very different (for the better - except financially hahaha) but that's probably more to do with block/area, shed etc but the house is very nice.

Quick photo of right now ☺

Ah, very nice~~

Is that picture facing north? If so, how's the sunlight in the family/dining.? My block also faces north and was wondering if the alfresco cuts a lot of the sun out to the dining/family.
Heaps of light. Only put lights on after dark. Our colours are light but I can't imagine it being dark regardless.
How long till you build?

Still playing tennis... back and forth trying to finalise a floorplan. Our land settles in a few months so no real rush.

How's the inner courtyard looking? Have you had a chance to work on it yet?
Fun and games. Enjoy the planning stages.
Courtyard is tiled and ready for the feature garden. Had a lady from the nursery around yesterday and waiting for her quotes for the plants/rocks. Hopefully by Easter we'll have hedges along the driveway fence, the courtyard garden completed and other long fenceline filled in.

An update photo of our courtyard area and driveway (nicknamed Lilly Pilly Lane). Plants are small but will fill the area in nicely (and give good screens) over the next few years. On to the next few projects - more gardening ☺

What tap ware and basin do u have ??? Standard GJG or outsourced.

Tapware is from the GJ list as with bathroom basins. Codes are in this thread where I wrote out selections. Can't remember precisely now, something -17. Kitchen sink is upgrade as is alfresco and pantry.

Beautiful! You've been busy!

Related
11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum