Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

DAH Build in Landsdale WA - PCI

Page 3 of 10
Thanks nelleebellee - it was a slightly more expensive block and it's on a corner (which I'd have preferred not to be) but the bushland was too gorgeous to pass up.
Posting to follow
Just received the news that (even though everything's been ready to go for a week) our brickies should start by the end of the week and it'll take 4-7 weeks.

Is 4-7 weeks average because it seems really long to me considering other people have had their brickwork done within 2-3 weeks.....
Hi Sally
Our brickwork took about 4 weeks with 2 brickies and a labourer. Some take less and some take more. I think 7 weeks sounds a bit long.

Thanks Robina - definitely hoping it takes a lot less than 7 weeks!
Yep sounds a bit long considering they had bricks delivered last week

Hi Sally
Love all your selections!
Our bricks took about 6 weeks, with a two man team.
Thanks MrsMaccaPacca. I hope our takes less time but I doubt it somehow!

I just realized I never posted my bathroom selections so here are the other "mood boards" I created at the end of our selection process and before we signed everything, so I could see if all the selections would work together.

With the ensuite and bathroom (we've used the same products/tiles for both) the only thing I'm unsure about is the benchtop. Originally we wanted a grey cabinet with a white benchtop but we didn't like the shades of grey on offer so went back to white for the cabinets. I had no idea what benchtop to choose as I didn't want white-on-white but Himself really liked the wood laminate so that's what we went for. The white wall tiles have a really subtle linen/wave texture to them which I like and I think the floor tiles will look great too as they have a slight texture to them as well. And we love the Bastow Georgian range of tapware (square and chunky isn't our thing.)

This is our living room "selections" board. We already have the sofas, armchairs, coffee table and rug. The Monsted picture is something I am currently sewing (I like to cross stitch in my spare time) and we also have a grandfather clock (although not quite the same colour as the one pictured.) Since we already had quite a bit of the furniture, it definitely impacted our decision with the wall colour and flooring. I think it looks pretty good altogether. Also, you'll notice in our floorplan (on page 1 on this thread) that there's a niche in the kitchen next to the fridge space - that's where the clock will go. The niche was put in for that purpose as the clock has huge sentimental value as it was handmade by my grandfather-in-law so it needed pride of place in our home.

Nice selection

SallyS
Just received the news that (even though everything's been ready to go for a week) our brickies should start by the end of the week and it'll take 4-7 weeks.

Is 4-7 weeks average because it seems really long to me considering other people have had their brickwork done within 2-3 weeks.....

Ours took 7.5 working days!
Literally Monday - Saturday lunchtime, then Tuesday and Wednesday the following week (Monday was a public hol).
So despite everything being on site, no significant rain since Tuesday and being told our brickies would start, there has been NO movement on site. At all. Very frustrating.
Really love your style and your choices. The grandfather clock is beautiful. It's very frustrating waiting for trades hopefully once your brickwork is done things will move faster. ☀️☀️

SallyS
So despite everything being on site, no significant rain since Tuesday and being told our brickies would start, there has been NO movement on site. At all. Very frustrating.

I feel your pain, that's my only criticism of Dales, the down time between each trade. Especially when you're a finance geek like me and know exactly how much interest you pay on your mortgage on a daily basis!

Wellard2ndTimers
I feel your pain, that's my only criticism of Dales, the down time between each trade. Especially when you're a finance geek like me and know exactly how much interest you pay on your mortgage on a daily basis!

Himself is a finance geek so keeps track of that as well. Plus Dales are aware we are paying two mortgages and we were promised to be rushed through everything and this year has just been dragging. They took months to get contracts to us as well.
Wow, 4-7 weeks is a crazy long amount of time. Our house is pretty big and the brickies had it finished in 2 weeks.
Our year has been dragging too....our job started 2 months after it should have and the time taken between each trade seems soooooo looooooong!
Your selections are lovely. I love that you have created a space for your clock too.
Update - still no bloody brickies.
Oh no that must be so frustrating having to wait so long. Fingers crossed they show up soon.
FINALLY our brick team has started!
We met our site supervisor today who seems like a nice guy and he was very thorough about explaining things to us. The bricks that have gone up (garage wall) look really good and I'm itching to see more of it done. It'll have to wait awhile though because our window frames haven't been delivered yet!
However, SS said that we have a FIVE man brick team (yay!) and he's expecting them to complete within 3 weeks (weather pending of course.) No photos as it was super early when we went down and grabbing my tea was more important than grabbing my camera.
Yay! Glad they've finally started. Look forward to seeing the photos

Yay.. finally some action. I went to see my place yesterday and did notice some movement on your block
Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum