Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Simonds Build - Leon/Westbury

Page 13 of 14
matalee
Updated photos of the house

Our floor boards (notice the room to the left with the boards? That's meant to be carpeted not floor boards. Easy fix we're told)

Our WIR!!! With our extra shelf & rail to organize hubby's suits & shirts.

And, the main bathroom shower screen. Probably not that exciting but I'll take anything at the moment.

So, our super awesome SS quit (after his paternity leave) & we're now back to our original supervisor. Our CRC has been on leave as well & things have seemed to have slowed down. Our PCI has been pushed back a week. Next week we should see a bit more action, plumbing finished off, painter to finish off, driveway done (weather permitting), roller door, and excess soil removed. It's getting frustrating now, we just want to see things happen a bit quicker but that's building, huh?

To make us feel a bit better we ventured a little further up our hill & found these views.

We should have hand over in 3 more weeks if all goes well.

viewtopic.php?uid=71435&f=31&t=82862&start=40

Love the colour of your floorboards! Do you remember the name of them?

Megera

Love the colour of your floorboards! Do you remember the name of them?

Thanks. They're called 'Mountain Oak'. I'm so happy with them.

We now have a driveway!!

And, if all goes well we should have handover on 28/10!!!! I wanted to kiss our SS when he said that.

Oh wow! That's so close, time to start packing! That is a monster driveway! Did you extend the garage?

Wow that's amazing! Driveway looks great too

Halcyon
Oh wow! That's so close, time to start packing! That is a monster driveway! Did you extend the garage?

We extended the garage by a metre so hubby has a workshop in there as well. The driveway was meant to be a lot more narrow but the concreter suggested we make it wider (thank goodness).

The last few weeks we've been living out of suitcases at my parents place so the packing has well & truly begun lol

Woweee not long at all !!
it all looks soo good!!!

Today we had HANDOVER!!!!

Woooooooo!!!!! Congratulations and enjoy your beautiful new home

Congratulations, you must be so happy?
don't forget to keep us updated

How exciting! Congratulations

Congrats!!
Congrats!!!!!!

Congrats... enjoy your new home

Thanks everyone.

The furniture removalist comes Monday so at the moment we're just glorified camping - mattresses on the floor & limited cooking things - but loving being in our own place. Using the time to put the window furnishings up & bathroom accessories.

How is life in your new house going??

cooper229

Amazing!!!!!

We are constantly walking around saying 'I can't believe we're in our house!' It's twice the size of our other house so I've lost 2kg just from walking around lol......that was quite an unexpected bonus.

We had a little plumbing issue on the Monday before Melbourne Cup (so the Tuesday was a public holiday here). We had wet, soaking wet, carpet outside our bathroom & toilet. We had a feeling it was from the bath so stopped using it until the plumber came Wednesday. When the plumber came & fixed it I also mentioned that we were having 'gurgling' sounds from the toilets & sinks sometimes. I was expecting him to say it was because it was new pipes & brush it off but he said he'd check it out.

He said he'd found a problem but couldn't find the cause so fixed it temporarily until another plumbing company could come with a camera to put down the pipes. That company came that afternoon, confirmed there was a problem but didn't know the cause either. So, North East Water was called.

They turned up the next day with an excavator & dug a 2m x 3m hole in our back yard (we have a stormwater/sewerage easement on our block). Problem found!!! When the pipes for the development has been done someone had TAPED the pipes closed instead of hooking it into the sewerage!!!!

Suddenly I didn't feel so silly whinging about a 'gurgling' sound & was so glad we hadn't landscaped before we'd moved in. It also gave me so much free time to unpack while the excavator was here because Mr 4 was entertained all day!!!

Other than that everything is going really well. Our SS has kept in contact checking up on things & our SC called in to see how things are going.

matalee
cooper229

Amazing!!!!!

We are constantly walking around saying 'I can't believe we're in our house!' It's twice the size of our other house so I've lost 2kg just from walking around lol......that was quite an unexpected bonus.

We had a little plumbing issue on the Monday before Melbourne Cup (so the Tuesday was a public holiday here). We had wet, soaking wet, carpet outside our bathroom & toilet. We had a feeling it was from the bath so stopped using it until the plumber came Wednesday. When the plumber came & fixed it I also mentioned that we were having 'gurgling' sounds from the toilets & sinks sometimes. I was expecting him to say it was because it was new pipes & brush it off but he said he'd check it out.

He said he'd found a problem but couldn't find the cause so fixed it temporarily until another plumbing company could come with a camera to put down the pipes. That company came that afternoon, confirmed there was a problem but didn't know the cause either. So, North East Water was called.

They turned up the next day with an excavator & dug a 2m x 3m hole in our back yard (we have a stormwater/sewerage easement on our block). Problem found!!! When the pipes for the development has been done someone had TAPED the pipes closed instead of hooking it into the sewerage!!!!

Suddenly I didn't feel so silly whinging about a 'gurgling' sound & was so glad we hadn't landscaped before we'd moved in. It also gave me so much free time to unpack while the excavator was here because Mr 4 was entertained all day!!!

Other than that everything is going really well. Our SS has kept in contact checking up on things & our SC called in to see how things are going.

I'm impressed at how quickly they sorted it out for you.
A 2kg loss is definitely a nice bonus

Interesting about the gurgling!! Our ensuite toilet gurgled this morning and I was wondering if I should be worried or not hmmm!! (Like it was loud enough I walked back over to check, it sounded like something bubbled up inside!)

Glad to hear you are enjoying being in your own place! We had very similar thoughts too! <3

Happy to hear your are enjoying it
haha new house and a new bod!! watch out World! *bootylicious snap*

Cheeky tradie cutting corners.. lucky you followed your instinct and had it sussed

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum