Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Simonds Build - Leon/Westbury

Page 12 of 14
Love it all! Haha it Would be so hard to leave when it is so close to being finished... stay strong you are almost there!

matalee
Photos of our progress

Our laundry tap leaked all through the cabinets so it has to be replaced

Every time I visit the house now I just want to stay. I'm happy to live in it how it is.......I just want to live in it.

viewtopic.php?uid=71435&f=31&t=82862&start=40

Looks great ! You must be so excited ... did you find yours is moving along fast? Ours finally started today....

skinders78

Looks great ! You must be so excited ... did you find yours is moving along fast? Ours finally started today....

How exciting that yours started today!!!

Ours seemed to go really quick at the beginning but seems to be dragging now. It's only been 3 months from when they first started so it has actually gone really fast but I'm getting super impatient.

Yes!! The end drags soooo much! Progress is so fast at the start and then when it starts looking close to the end it takes forever!!

Looks amazing! So close now!

matalee
skinders78

How exciting that yours started today!!!

Ours seemed to go really quick at the beginning but seems to be dragging now. It's only been 3 months from when they first started so it has actually gone really fast but I'm getting super impatient.

I would be the same towards the end! I'm trying to get a rough idea of when ours might be done.... as I'm inpatient too lol. It must be a wonderful feeling seeing it all come together after waiting so long.

GemmaS
Yes!! The end drags soooo much! Progress is so fast at the start and then when it starts looking close to the end it takes forever!!

I've heard it goes up fast then things slow down... I was so happy to finally see something happen at our block even though it was just a few wooden pole things lol

We were supposed to have our floor boards installed yesterday so I was so excited to see the house today......but no floor boards were done

Our carpet is scheduled to go in tomorrow so maybe they're doing it all together.

We did have our range hood installed.

After hand over we're going to put up floating shelves to link the cupboards with the range hood.

We go away for a week tomorrow so it will be exciting so see how much is done when we get back. Our PCI is confirmed for the 11/10.

Looks so good

Can't wait to see the floor boards! Shelves will look great too!

Updated photos of the house

Our floor boards (notice the room to the left with the boards? That's meant to be carpeted not floor boards. Easy fix we're told)

Our WIR!!! With our extra shelf & rail to organize hubby's suits & shirts.

And, the main bathroom shower screen. Probably not that exciting but I'll take anything at the moment.

So, our super awesome SS quit (after his paternity leave) & we're now back to our original supervisor. Our CRC has been on leave as well & things have seemed to have slowed down. Our PCI has been pushed back a week. Next week we should see a bit more action, plumbing finished off, painter to finish off, driveway done (weather permitting), roller door, and excess soil removed. It's getting frustrating now, we just want to see things happen a bit quicker but that's building, huh?

To make us feel a bit better we ventured a little further up our hill & found these views.

We should have hand over in 3 more weeks if all goes well.

That floor looks great! I'm loving the WIR design, wish we had thought of that

Oh wow that it all looks amazing! Including that view!! Geez theres a lot of water around...
It must be frustrating that it has slowed down so much.. i hope it all kicks into gear and you get to move in soon!!

Marshall5858
That floor looks great! I'm loving the WIR design, wish we had thought of that

I think I love it more than I should because it only cost us $30 extra.....love a bargain.

cooper229
Oh wow that it all looks amazing! Including that view!! Geez theres a lot of water around...
It must be frustrating that it has slowed down so much.. i hope it all kicks into gear and you get to move in soon!!

Yep, we're in Wodonga, the Murray has burst it's banks, it's so sad for all the farmers & people with houses under water........... so it puts waiting a few more weeks until we have hand over into perspective.

I'm in Wodonga too !!! All this wet weather put our slab back a week but they were hard at it all day today

Leave the floor!!! Just get a big rug for in there! The hard floor is so much more practical as that's a major traffic area!!!

skinders78
I'm in Wodonga too !!! All this wet weather put our slab back a week but they were hard at it all day today

Great news about your slab!

GemmaS
Leave the floor!!! Just get a big rug for in there! The hard floor is so much more practical as that's a major traffic area!!!

The walkway through from the entry to the kitchen is floorboards, just the lounge is carpeted. We've got the family room floor boards as well. We debated for ages & decided carpet in one of the lounges will make it cozy - time will tell, huh

matalee
GemmaS

The walkway through from the entry to the kitchen is floorboards, just the lounge is carpeted. We've got the family room floor boards as well. We debated for ages & decided carpet in one of the lounges will make it cozy - time will tell, huh

Fair enough! We tiled both of ours to make the whole area look bigger! Big IKEA rugs have been great, but yes, carpet is cosy!

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum