Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Liberty 45 in Ryde NSW

Page 5 of 40
Quirmeball1280
Thanks NRG37+, M and T, looking at the online tracking for Ryde Council there's quite a few DA applications that have been submitted in the last few weeks so fingers crossed. The most we can do now is to try and get demolition approval organised and our internals finalised

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Demo approval is simple enough, intervals, as you know, is a totally different ball game.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=78995

Very true NRG37+
Just wondering, what have been your experiences with M's accuracy in predicting stormwater and BASIX costs, ie how close was their actual cost to their provisional sum? We just received a variation for our stormwater and BASIX items and it ended up being 30% more than M's provisional sum. We didn't budget for this significant sum and feel it's a bit unfair for M to slap this on us after they submit to council with all the hydraulics and BASIX reports so we can't really complain without affecting out DA after application
Would be good to know what people think here about provisional sum vs actual sum re stormwater and BASIX

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Good question Q, made me think.

Provisionals;

Stormwater disposal-$20,000
BASIX- $10,000
Bushfire (BAL 12.5)- $7000
Rock removal- $10,000
Traffic control- $8,000

Actuals;

Stormwater disposal & BASIX- $11,287 refund
Bushfire (BAL 12.5)- $2594 refund
Rock removal- TBC
Traffic control- TBC

I expect to get most if not all of the money back for rock and traffic as it wasn't ultimately needed.

Quirmeball1280
Very true NRG37+
Just wondering, what have been your experiences with M's accuracy in predicting stormwater and BASIX costs, ie how close was their actual cost to their provisional sum? We just received a variation for our stormwater and BASIX items and it ended up being 30% more than M's provisional sum. We didn't budget for this significant sum and feel it's a bit unfair for M to slap this on us after they submit to council with all the hydraulics and BASIX reports so we can't really complain without affecting out DA after application
Would be good to know what people think here about provisional sum vs actual sum re stormwater and BASIX

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Ours was a bit all over the place, originally 20k provision for stormwater and 10k for basix. Then changed stormwater provision to 5k and I questioned what caused the big drop and was advised it wasn't final. Then final cost came in at 11k for stormwater and 10k for basix.
Still don't know why they changed the provision from 20k to 5k but final of 11k is better than 20k
Thanks guys, I'm just feeling a bit sore about being charged $6.8k for a 6800L above ground rainwater tank, $3.5k for gutter protectors, and $27k to implement the hydraulic engineers' stormwater system. Our provisional sum was $23k for stormwater and $10k for BASIX, but we are being hit for a $10k bill on top of the provisional sums

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Damn that sux!
We were
Provisional sums:
Stormwater disposal- $20,000
BASIX- $10,000

Actuals:
Stormwater disposal - $16,359
Gutter Guards - $5,180
Additional Concrete & Drop Edge Beam for Rainwater Tanks - $6,562 + $592
Rainwater Tanks (x3) - $4,416 + $6,079
Recycled Water plumbing - $2,210

So in total our actuals were $11,398 more than the provisional sums
Thanks Aria, you are in Ryde?

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Yup
aria
Quirmeball1280

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Yup

Thanks Aria, I guess we just live in an area with higher than average stormwater system requirements

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
aria
Quirmeball1280

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Yup

Thanks Aria, I guess we just live in an area with higher than average stormwater system requirements

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Haha the stormwater/basix requirements have been the most painful part of the administration part of the build for my husband lol
Yes, Ryde makes you do "stupid" levels of stormwater detention. Costs a small fortune here.

Sent from an iPhone please excuse the ridiculous spell correcting software. My forum thread is at viewtopic.php?t=74944
Lol I was just looking at my variation again and realised we have 3 x 5960l tanks .... Meaning a total of 17,880l!!!!
One up you. 3 6k litre tanks and 1 2k:):)

Sent from an iPhone please excuse the ridiculous spell correcting software. My forum thread is at viewtopic.php?t=74944
TheBigHouse
One up you. 3 6k litre tanks and 1 2k:):)

Haha your house must be a lot bigger
Any idea what factors in to calculating storm water disposal?

Our provisionals were $25k - came in at $22k. BASIX $10k - came in at $11k.

Based on the differences evetyone is quoting above, how can they vary so much for similar sized homes (excuse my ignorance if this is glaringly obvious)??
One 5710 L tank for us. Aria are you sure you need 3 tanks, could it be an admin error?!

VistaDream
One 5710 L tank for us. Aria are you sure you need 3 tanks, could it be an admin error?!

it was on the osd/basix report that went to Council

Our land slopes slightly from front to back so I think that's why we needed heaps....lol my husband argued with them about why we needed so much but apparently that's how it has to be
it meant we had to make his study smaller as well to accommodate for the rainwatertanks
I guess we should seek comfort that our houses shouldn't wash away as easily from storms with such a robust stormwater system..lol

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Aria, is your husband called Noah by any chance?! Last time we saw that much rain, we had to save the animals two by two

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum