Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Liberty 45 in Ryde NSW

Page 35 of 40
do you mind sharing the landscapers details?
Quirmeball1280
Renman
Looks fantastic QM

Did M do your landscaping for you?

Hi Renman, we got someone else to do it but M kindly let us in as we had done PCI and they probably felt sorry for us
These landscapers also did a few other M houses so the site manager trusts them I guess

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
It looks great. So wish we had landscaping done too.

Any chance you can share the total cost of the landscaping?

House looks great inside and out, love the pics! Must be such a relief to finally have your house! Hope you enjoying living in it as much as we are =)
Hi all,

Just a quick update. Despite getting handover over a week and a half ago, we still haven’t been able to move in as M still hasn’t fulfilled the conditions required by the private certifier to obtain the interim occupation certificate

How M’s processes could have allowed handover with outstanding items to get the certificate is beyond me. When we agreed to handover, M made it look like getting the certificate was just a formality and that the office would send it through soon after handover...

It was not until we contacted the private certifier after chasing M unsuccessfully for an update that the certifier sent a copy of the defects letter with a number of outstanding items.

Hopefully many of those items have been rectified as it was based on an inspection in April. But the lack of communication from M as to which items are yet to be satisfied and which ones are our responsibility (eg around driveway) is frustrating.

At the end of last week we were finally told that M is waiting for certificates to send to the private certifier. What we find ridiculous is that those certificates should be applied for at the time of PCI back in April. (The house was basically built at the time of PCI.) There’s no reason why M is only applying for or still waiting for those certificates now, 14 weeks from PCI and after handover

Quirmeball1280
Hi all,

Just a quick update. Despite getting handover over a week and a half ago, we still haven’t been able to move in as M still hasn’t fulfilled the conditions required by the private certifier to obtain the interim occupation certificate

How M’s processes could have allowed handover with outstanding items to get the certificate is beyond me. When we agreed to handover, M made it look like getting the certificate was just a formality and that the office would send it through soon after handover...

It was not until we contacted the private certifier after chasing M unsuccessfully for an update that the certifier sent a copy of the defects letter with a number of outstanding items.

Hopefully many of those items have been rectified as it was based on an inspection in April. But the lack of communication from M as to which items are yet to be satisfied and which ones are our responsibility (eg around driveway) is frustrating.

At the end of last week we were finally told that M is waiting for certificates to send to the private certifier. What we find ridiculous is that those certificates should be applied for at the time of PCI back in April. (The house was basically built at the time of PCI.) There’s no reason why M is only applying for or still waiting for those certificates now, 14 weeks from PCI and after handover

I was wondering, why can't you just move in and get the interim occupation certificate after all the formalities are completed eventually.. is that not possible ?
chezhia
Quirmeball1280
Hi all,

I was wondering, why can't you just move in and get the interim occupation certificate after all the formalities are completed eventually.. is that not possible ?

I think it may be illegal to occupy the house without an interim occupation certificate and we may get fined (especially if our neighbours dob us in)

Quirmeball1280
Hi all,

Yes, this exact same thing happened to us too!

They made it sound like getting the interim OC was just an easy thing to do with the private certifier- yet it was anything but that!

There was so much that we had to do, but we didn’t care, we moved into our house without it, and we didn’t give a ****!! Lol

It’s only now 1 and a half years after handover that we’ve finally got the interim OC!!!

HGMbuild
Quirmeball1280
Hi all,

Yes, this exact same thing happened to us too!

They made it sound like getting the interim OC was just an easy thing to do with the private certifier- yet it was anything but that!

There was so much that we had to do, but we didn’t care, we moved into our house without it, and we didn’t give a ****!! Lol

It’s only now 1 and a half years after handover that we’ve finally got the interim OC!!!

Wow, that’s horrendous. Sorry to hear that. We still have some landscaping to do but certainly not getting the IOC to move in is not ideal for us. We just feel that Ms site managers and admin should really be communicating more with each other and working together better. In Melbourne they have the status updates on the portal that at least gives some visibility and accountability. In NSW, they don’t use the portal until after handover..

Wow. When I hear all the problems those building in metricon have in Sydney I feel so bad for you guys. My bank won’t actually release the final payment without the occupancy certificate.

Agreed, I totally feel for you guys. In QLD you just move in. It's ludicrous that you have a brand new functioning home and you can't legally move into it...
Quirmeball1280
Hi all,

Same thing happened to us too! We moved in and a couple of days later a local council inspector pitched up and asked ‘why’ we were living there! We narrowly avoided a fine by showing the inspector emails confirming our move in date with no mention of not having an IOC from Metricon. They were preoccupied with making sure they got their final payment. However, it is the HOMEOWNER’S responsibility to have an IOC, so we were lucky council were lenient.

Metricon got their butts in gear after a couple of angry phone calls and we had the IOC after a further week. Luckily everything was in order to issue the IOC but once you hand over that final payment it’s like you don’t exist to Metricon. I had to call the storm water engineer myself to chase paperwork Metricon should have received 6 months previously.

Metricon in NSW need a complete root and branch review of their business and processes. But whilst their bank balance is ballooning I doubt they’ll spend much time or effort in making things right for its customers. We love our home but it could have been done without quite so much drama.

Still awaiting a visit from the State Building Supervisor, he cancelled on us this week without proper notice.
Is any one have push to open kitchen Cabinets. I would like to see a photo, how they have fixed the hardware. for us they have fixed in middle of the cabinet.
VistaDream
Quirmeball1280
Hi all,

Same thing happened to us too! We moved in and a couple of days later a local council inspector pitched up and asked ‘why’ we were living there! We narrowly avoided a fine by showing the inspector emails confirming our move in date with no mention of not having an IOC from Metricon. They were preoccupied with making sure they got their final payment. However, it is the HOMEOWNER’S responsibility to have an IOC, so we were lucky council were lenient.

Metricon got their butts in gear after a couple of angry phone calls and we had the IOC after a further week. Luckily everything was in order to issue the IOC but once you hand over that final payment it’s like you don’t exist to Metricon. I had to call the storm water engineer myself to chase paperwork Metricon should have received 6 months previously.

Metricon in NSW need a complete root and branch review of their business and processes. But whilst their bank balance is ballooning I doubt they’ll spend much time or effort in making things right for its customers. We love our home but it could have been done without quite so much drama.

Still awaiting a visit from the State Building Supervisor, he cancelled on us this week without proper notice.

Hi Q
who is your PCI Certifier? which company?
Kandi
Hi Q

Hi Kandi, LocalGroup. I’ve spoken to them a few times and they seem to be good blokes. They are just doing their job to make sure the house complies with our DA approval, and they managed to pick up some items that our inspector didn’t query.

Quirmeball1280
Kandi
Hi Q

Hi Kandi, LocalGroup. I’ve spoken to them a few times and they seem to be good blokes. They are just doing their job to make sure the house complies with our DA approval, and they managed to pick up some items that our inspector didn’t query.

Thanks Q, ours is same too. so far they have not picked up anything from base, frame, water proofing. So I was bit worried. hope they are have checked everthing. Its is good that they have picked up items for you. Is you inspector from house spec?
Hi all, it’s been 3 weeks since handover and we’re still waiting for our IOC
How we are still waiting for M to send outstanding certificates to the private certifier is beyond me - we had PCI back in April and an email from M saying they would start the IOC process then (15 weeks ago).

In the meantime, we are pushing along with our landscaping.

Front fencing is up, just missing the letter box panel

More work done in the backyard - will need to water the grass more as there hasn’t been much rain lately

Some retaining wall work to be done. Once the wall is up, they can do the boundary fencing on top of the wall

Quirmeball1280
How we are still waiting for M to send outstanding certificates to the private certifier is beyond me - we had PCI back in April and an email from M saying they would start the IOC process then (15 weeks ago).

More work done in the backyard - will need to water the grass more as there hasn’t been much rain lately

Some retaining wall work to be done. Once the wall is up, they can do the boundary fencing on top of the wall

That's very annoying to hear. So are you able to live in there without the certificate?

We got our a month before we got PCI.

House looking good Q, landscaping coming a long nicely! Still don't understand the crazy IOC stuff you guys need to put up with, it's ridiculous!!!!
Renman
Quirmeball1280

That's very annoying to hear. So are you able to live in there without the certificate?

We got our a month before we got PCI.

Looking good....love how the front looks...what is PCI and is that handover or when you get the keys?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
excited_builders
looking good....love how the front looks...what is PCI and is that handover or when you get the keys?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

PCI is when you inspect the house at practical completion, ie the stage where pretty much everything is done. The inspection may result in some issues to be fixed. At the point you are happy to take possession of the house (even though there may be some outstanding issues) is handover. At handover you pay the remaining balance of the price.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum