Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Liberty 45 in Ryde NSW

Page 4 of 40
Thanks Orph, we were told that the Majestic Ivory wasn't available in natural finish for some reason

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
Thanks Orph, we were told that the Majestic Ivory wasn't available in natural finish for some reason

viewtopic.php?t=82846

You are correct, they only come in polished finish. TBH if it came in natural finish the white veins in won't look *** good.

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
Quirmeball1280
Last was the electricals appointment which was the most complex of the lot and took hours. It was so hard to weigh up spending the money now to future-proof the house vs paying later and retrofit.

In summary, we had:
- 4 aircon zones but can only operate 2 at a time as we only have a single phase
- 4 external decorative lights
- 3 tv points
- 60 power points
- 5 data points
- 75 led down lights
- 9 mini led down lights (eg under niches and kitchen cabinetry)

The damage was $16k (this was after deducting around $6k in provisional sums we had put into the contract).

One thing which was quite useful to know is that if you have a Daikin, you can install a Sky-fi module which allows you to control your aircon using your internet so you don't have to install multiple control panels around the house.

Having reviewed out electricals list, I'm already thinking we might need more cabling for cctv, more telephone and data points

Going into Day 2 (internals and kitchen) we have about $15k left which probably won't be enough

viewtopic.php?t=82846

You've done well - we only got through about 1/2 our electricals and had to arrange to go back. Luckily the consultant was happy to arrange and not charge.

Cracking job on the budget side!! We totally blew the budget at electricals and have probably over done it in a few places (but we couldn't hold back on the LCD intercom display!)

For intervals and kitchen you don't get a price on the day. Took us a few weeks to get a price back. This is partly why for this selection you need to have multiple options priced up. 20/40/60mm think bench/vanity tops etc.

I assuming because some of the items depend upon specific lengths (shirting, where you want square set, etc) and cross dependency (eg if you have wall hung vanities kitchen culture need a price from Metricon) it's a bit more complex than carpet and tiles. In some ways it's a good thing, took me a few stiff drinks to recover from the price of the island waterfall edges.

I'd say you can take the probably out of your last comment

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=78995

Thanks NRG37+, that's really helpful
We will try to price in a few options for things we can't decide on yet.. I suspect, like Vista, we won't be able to afford the glass stairs we liked

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Hi all, just a small update - we completed our internals appointment on Monday and now just waiting for the amount of damage to come through
We added a lot of options to be priced as it was difficult to decide on the spot. What makes it hard though is that M wants you to sign off each bit (tiling, electrical, kitchen) as you go so it's very hard to manage a budget. We have definitely blown our budget having had a look at the kitchen estimate, now it's a matter of how much

On another note, for those considering rebating the slabs in the wet areas so it sits flush with tiling in the main floor areas, it can be done for the ground floor. The price to rebate the slab in our Laundry and Powder on the ground floor was about $850. This can't be done for the first floor but when you have carpet and underlay, the difference between the wet area and carpet area won't be significant. The only inconvenience is that it needs to be done after you know the thickness of your tiles for the wet areas..

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Great news on yr internal selections Q!
It's best to choose all the selections you wanted as you can't change most of them after handover. Go nuts with yr choices!

I did ask about the wet area rebate and was told it can't be done which was disappointing but now it can be? Geez.... wish we had a that option last year!

@Orph

Same here!

Hello, now that we've had all our appointments and are waiting for variations to be drafted, we thought we would share the internal colours we chose which were mainly neutrals plus some feature walls for some dramatic effect.

For the ceilings, we are going for vivid white. The walls will be mostly Snowy Mountains:

Our carpet is quite dark coloured so we would like to keep most of our walls neutral.

For the feature walls, we chose mainly browns and greys so we can add a splash of colour with paintings and furniture.

The downstairs feature walls for the Study, Sitting Room and Living Room will be Bearsuit.

Upstairs, the feature walls for the bedrooms will be Cave Man with the master bedroom feature wall being Namadji for extra dramatic effect

The stairs and downstairs sliding doors to the Study and Sitting rooms will be Cabots Charcoal.

The cabinets in the bathrooms and laundry will be a Laminex Nocturne Oak with the Organic White Stone

The kitchen cabinets will be polyurethane in a half-Lexicon with handleless opening.

We're not sure if all these combinations will work so fingers-crossed

One thing you might consider is upgrading the paint. There are certain options for wash and wear paint and some type of paint that prevents bacteria growth, which is good for wet areas. We are currently getting pricing for this.

viewtopic.php?t=82846
At the moment, we are trying to get some answers from Kitchen as we are trying to somehow achieve a height of 760mm between the gas cooktop and rangehood while still making it look nice. The problem is that the glass window splashback has a maximum width of 680mm so it means the rangehood would sit above the glass window splashback. We're trying to figure out what you put along the strip just above the glass window splashback - tiles? glass?

In hindsight, for those that want a strong rangehood and cooktop combo, check the minimum distance between the 2 before you commit to a window splashback. You can always raise the height of a tiled splashback as it is an internal change. However if you have a window splashback, it is much harder to change the height of the window splashback to match the distance between your cooktop and rangehood, cause it's an external change that affects the CDC/council submission.

The other kitchen issue we are having is trying to fit a fridge freezer pigeon pair in the fridge space. The current width is 108cm. We need 126cm in width so M is seeing if they can unlock some space on the sides by getting rid of some voids..

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
At the moment, we are trying to get some answers from Kitchen as we are trying to somehow achieve a height of 760mm between the gas cooktop and rangehood while still making it look nice. The problem is that the glass window splashback has a maximum width of 680mm so it means the rangehood would sit above the glass window splashback. We're trying to figure out what you put along the strip just above the glass window splashback - tiles? glass?

In hindsight, for those that want a strong rangehood and cooktop combo, check the minimum distance between the 2 before you commit to a window splashback. You can always raise the height of a tiled splashback as it is an internal change. However if you have a window splashback, it is much harder to change the height of the window splashback to match the distance between your cooktop and rangehood, cause it's an external change that affects the CDC/council submission.

The other kitchen issue we are having is trying to fit a fridge freezer pigeon pair in the fridge space. The current width is 108cm. We need 126cm in width so M is seeing if they can unlock some space on the sides by getting rid of some voids..

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Great tips! I can't believe I/better 1/2 didn't pick up the range hood height. We've actually selected the same stone as our bench top to go behind the range hood so no issue with lifting up the range hood but the plans have it at the same height as the bottom of the wall units...

Need to start a list of SS matters to "discuss" and hope the slab economy works.

Hope M can adjust for you stick to your guns they'd rather have your $$$ then not move a range hood!

Great selections.

The rangehood height isn't a problem usually if you have an induction cooktop or one that sits flush with the benchtop. It's just unfortunate that we have a window splashback that is only 680mm and the cooktop and rangehood both have a specifies minimum distance of 760mm. We are thinking of keeping the overhead cabinets flush with the plaster reveal of the window splashback and just have the rangehood raised by about 8-10cm. Having it all in line would have been more contemporary but the cupboards (at 76cm above the benchtop) would be too hard to reach at that height.

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Hi all, a little setback today while finalising the plans to submit to Council. We were suddenly told that our 2 rear facing bedroom windows on the first floor (yes, the same ones that have caused us much grief) need to shrink in height because there needs to be a minimum of 2 brick course clearance between the window sills and roof line

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
Hi all, a little setback today while finalising the plans to submit to Council. We were suddenly told that our 2 rear facing bedroom windows on the first floor (yes, the same ones that have caused us much grief) need to shrink in height because there needs to be a minimum of 2 brick course clearance between the window sills and roof line

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Can they shift the window down?

@Orph

Quirmeball1280

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Oh no! I understand how frustrating it can be when window sizes have to be reduced! I hope M can find another option somehow...

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

Hi Orph, unfortunately it's an issue with the first floor Windows being too close to the roofline of the ground floor and we can't shift it any higher because they are already against our first floor eaves

M and T - We tried looking at ways like reducing the first floor eaves from 600mm to 450mm, or reducing the pitch of the ground floor roofline, but it still didn't work
The other option was to keep the large window but move it more to the sides of the house but I think the windows being off-centre would stress me out more in the future than agreeing to the smaller windows. In the end, we caved in to the smaller windows so we could get the plans submitted to council asap

viewtopic.php?t=82846
1280, when do you think you'll be submitting to council?

Hi NRG37+, it was suppose to be submitted yesterday but M used snail mail instead of Ryde's eServices platform
The funny thing is that I saw another M online application on the system submitted today so I'm not sure why they submitted mines via snail mail

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
Hi NRG37+, it was suppose to be submitted yesterday but M used snail mail instead of Ryde's eServices platform
The funny thing is that I saw another M online application on the system submitted today so I'm not sure why they submitted mines via snail mail

viewtopic.php?t=82846

Upside is it's unlikely to speed up the council process by very much. (Not that that is really an upside council is so slow.....)

From my poor experience, I'd ask M , or better still council, to send you a copy of what's been submitted.

M sent the wrong externals to council for my submission, I hope your CSC is more on the ball.
Quirmeball1280

viewtopic.php?t=82846

All M's correspondence to council regarding our build was also via snail mail... It didn't really hold things up though, it was approved within a month! This was Holroyd council though (now known as Cumberland Council). I have a feeling ours got pushed through quickly though because the council merger was on the verge of happening...

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

Thanks NRG37+, M and T, looking at the online tracking for Ryde Council there's quite a few DA applications that have been submitted in the last few weeks so fingers crossed. The most we can do now is to try and get demolition approval organised and our internals finalised

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum