Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR With Rawson Homes - Balmoral 34 Mk1 - Majestic Facade

Page 6 of 6
You and me both Joamoa.......it just won't stop! It must be so frustrating waiting for that driveway pour! How are the internals going?

The interior is pretty much done. All that is left is the rain tank, garage door, some eave carpentry, hand rail and the driveway. So close.
Hi Joamoa, when are the cedar panels going to be installed? You got the Majestic Facade right?

We didn't go for the panels. Didn't want to maintain them. We also wanted a simpler look. That's why we did not do the rendered column either. We splurged on the brick!

Some interior shots:

joamoa
We didn't go for the panels. Didn't want to maintain them. We also wanted a simpler look. That's why we did not do the rendered column either. We splurged on the brick!

The cedar's what gravitated me to the design, because it softens the natural look of bricks although you are right about the maintenance part. We also did not go for a rendered column due to maintenance - you'd have to repaint it once it shows signs of wear, instead opted for a lighter colour brick. Did you do double brick for the entire house? How much did you have to pay extra to make it all brick?

We upgraded the brick. That was 15k. But to do the brickwork in lieu of the cedar, we never got a price. We had deleted it before the tender stage.
Driveway done today. PCI supposedly on Tuesday.

Looking fab!!

Fingers crossed for Tuesday (& toes)

Goodluck
Looking great jo. Is it the camera quirk or are the internal three panel of matrix board over the garage not painted?

SteveMc
Looking great jo. Is it the camera quirk or are the internal three panel of matrix board over the garage not painted?

Thanks Steve and Fiz.

Not painted yet. I'm skeptical about a Tuesday PCI. We'll see.

Hi Everyone! Well I'm happy to report that we got handover done on the 21st (last Friday).

Everything went reasonably well. Although, we had to take a leap of faith that the upstairs was done correctly because we couldn't use the freshly coated stairs!

There's a few things to rectify but on the whole, I'm happy with what they've done.

They forgot the splashback behind the range hood, so that was put in today. Rangehood goes in tomorrow.

I have a question for those of you who have had handover.

Is your Air Con unit bolted to its concrete slab? I was told by the SS today that they don't do that unless requested, due to vibrations.
joamoa
Hi Everyone! Well I'm happy to report that we got handover done on the 21st (last Friday).

Everything went reasonably well. Although, we had to take a leap of faith that the upstairs was done correctly because we couldn't use the freshly coated stairs!

There's a few things to rectify but on the whole, I'm happy with what they've done.

They forgot the splashback behind the range hood, so that was put in today. Rangehood goes in tomorrow.

Is your Air Con unit bolted to its concrete slab? I was told by the SS today that they don't do that unless requested, due to vibrations.

congrats!!!!
glad to hear you've reached the end of your build!. Ours is not bolted as well for the same reason.

CalvinHobbes
joamoa

congrats!!!!
glad to hear you've reached the end of your build!. Ours is not bolted as well for the same reason.

Thanks so much!!! We are very excited. Now to get on to that landscaping and fencing.
joamoa

Congrats on handover Jo! Must be such a relief and I definitely know that feeling after such a wait.
Well. Our external unit is bolted to the slab. The Rawson construction manager ( not the site supervisor ) insisted that vacarro return to fix it in place.
There are no issues with vibration so I'm surprised to hear that used as a reason not to fix it to the slab.

SteveMc
joamoa

Congrats on handover Jo! Must be such a relief and I definitely know that feeling after such a wait.
Well. Our external unit is bolted to the slab. The Rawson construction manager ( not the site supervisor ) insisted that vacarro return to fix it in place.
There are no issues with vibration so I'm surprised to hear that used as a reason not to fix it to the slab.

Thanks Steve. On both accounts!
Congrats! Enjoy your lovely home:)
fizzed
Congrats! Enjoy your lovely home:)

Thanks! Enjoying it so far but still so much to do.
joamoa
CalvinHobbes
joamoa

congrats!!!!

Thanks so much!!! We are very excited. Now to get on to that landscaping and fencing.

We can only recommend our fencer but not our landscaper!

Send me the fencers details please! I have called two of them
And neither has responded!
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum