Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairmont Homes Adelaide Custom Build

Page 4 of 7
wow! moving along. Did you timelapse the demo?
Its a bit depressing the pile left of the former house!!
hillbuilder
wow! moving along. Did you timelapse the demo?
Its a bit depressing the pile left of the former house!!

I missed the actual demolition. The camera arrived after they had knocked it down. I have the clean up and beginning of the footings in a video now. Have to work out a way to put it up as it is a large file.

Yeah, the "abandoned" house look was much worse but seeing it as a pile wasn't great either. My kids were a little upset, had to remind them (and ourselves) that a new house was on its way.. Haha

viewtopic.php?t=82566
Wilko91
Thanks meshelf. Do you have a build thread?

No, not yet....just waiting till everything is finalised.

Congrats on the slab!
Not much happened this week so far. Sewer main connection and underground stormwater "rough in" completed last week. Expecting deliveries this week but nothing has rocked up yet.

viewtopic.php?t=82566
So after expecting deliveries a week and a half ago, we rang up at the start of last week and voila. This happened.

Bricks delivered (Austral Gun Metal Blue) and ready to go. Should be finished the framing and roof trusses on Tuesday.

viewtopic.php?t=82566
Awesome. It's good to see it in 3D!! Let's hope things keep progressing from here
Wilko91
Site works started today!! Survey was completed on Saturday and Henry was on site first thing this morning to begin trenching services etc. It was quite a surprise to have it happen so quickly!

viewtopic.php?t=82566

Looking great, if Henry was the one who did our slab great guy and I believe his work is top notch so happy we had him for our home!!

Look forward to seeing your progress!!
Frame and roof trusses completed Tuesday. I can't believe how high the roof goes but it is looking great.

viewtopic.php?t=82566
Was just catching up on your thread, looks great, love your beautiful big windows at the front
a very impressive and large facade!!

Building in Blakes Crossing South Australia - Fairmont Homes
Thanks Heather! Roof should be going on this week. Plumbing rough in happening as we speak. It is really cracking along now.

viewtopic.php?t=82566
I have been following your posts. Your house is looking amazing. It is massive! We have just signed with Fairmont also. Love your selections. Would you please mind sending me the name of the mirror splash back company you will use. My hubby didn't like the $3000 we were quoted. Hope the roof is coming along
Hollywolly
I have been following your posts. Your house is looking amazing. It is massive! We have just signed with Fairmont also. Love your selections. Would you please mind sending me the name of the mirror splash back company you will use. My hubby didn't like the $3000 we were quoted. Hope the roof is coming along

Thanks Holly! We love it and hope it will look as good as we have imagined it!!

PM sent with splashback supplier details.

viewtopic.php?t=82566
Colourbond moment....

viewtopic.php?t=82566
The brickie has been working hard. He has also most completed the "bottom" course the entire way around the house. Im guessing he needs to get scaffolding to complete the "top" course.

Next up is electrical first fix. Gyprock will commence next Friday.

viewtopic.php?t=82566
Your bricks look amazing!!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
Your bricks look amazing!!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thanks Charlibear! We obviously love them haha.

The brickie, even though he is working on his own and it is taking time, is doing a great job!

love those bricks - i almost chose them myself but went with the coffee colour caffe latte pgh instead
Sounds and looks like the brickie we had, he is a perfectionist
FairmontSAcustom
Sounds and looks like the brickie we had, he is a perfectionist

Scott is a really nice guy too which is good when you visit site to see how things are progressing.

Gyprock started over the weekend. All of the fixing is done. Flushing should be completed within the week.

Cabinets are booked for the end of the month and we may even get the house by Christmas. Im thinking January is more likely but we will see how we go.

From the kitchen looking out to the dining and lounge, with our study on the left hand side.

From the lounge looking out to our back yard and alfresco

Where the double sided fireplace will go

The master bed room

Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum